Look For MALONE To Come As Early As TOMORROW

Look For MALONE To Come As Early As TOMORROW

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:24 pm

The LA Time Reports this interesting tid bit which allowed Payton to agree to LA:
Payton's agent said, "He didn't want to let Karl down, either. He looked at this as an opportunity for both of them.... I know that Karl being there was one of the reasons he made his decision." Agent Aaron Goodwin estimated Payton gave up about $35 million — offered, Goodwin said, by the Portland Trail Blazers in a sign-and-trade scenario — to join the Lakers, in part because he was so impressed by Malone's willingness to accept less money to enable Lakers to pursue Payton. The two perennial All-Stars spoke on Sunday, and clearly Payton expects Malone to sign with the Lakers.

The rest of the article can be found here: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lak ... nes-sports
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Reddy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:25 pm

a lot of stuff, GOOD STUFF in da past 2 days!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:26 pm

YEAP!! In another post I posted, it said that Malone will make a decision Wednesday or Thursday! I cant wait til the 16th though!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:17 pm

Yeah lakergyrl you are right about Thursday...Sportscenter just reported that Malone's agent told ESPN.com that Malone will make an announcement as to where he is going on Thursday. That's cool, cause I think he doesn't want to ruin Payton's headlines right now. This way Payton would have today and tomorrow to conquer the headlines and then Malone will jump on in on Thursday and steal the headlines then. Friday will come around and Kobe will be released from all charges, which will conquer the headlines for that day. Which means that heading into the weekend, everybody will be talkin about the new 4-headed Laker monster. Tyght!!!!! :man13:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:28 pm

A few days ago it sounded as though Karl would sign with the Lakers regardless of GP signing with them. If GP did sign, Malone wouldn't make as much money as he would if GP did not sign.
Lakerqueen

Return to Lakers Discussion