A look at the free agent market for LA

A look at the free agent market for LA

Postby OG on Wed May 21, 2003 8:14 pm

1) Karl Malone (not probable unless he takes a huge pay cut for a ring before he retires)

2) Jason Kidd (definantly not an option because he is too greedy for a pay cut for a ring, he will probably like San Antonio where they can offer him like 15 million per year and he can play along side his f*uck buddy timmy dunkin)

3) Scottie Pippen (mabie a possibility but his age will not allow him to give the lakers what they need as experience and on court smarts are useless without the ability to pull it off. He would probably take the 4.5 million per year mid level exception but he knows Lakers are not a good fit for him at this point in his career according to their needs.)

4) Juwan Howard ( a good possibility and a good fit with LA. He would provide the luginament 3rd scorer for LA averaging 18 ppg and is agressive on boards and defence. at 30 years of age, he has the experience and patience that the triangle offenceive system would fit well with. he is a severly underrated player considering where he plays/played and probably would get his deserved recognition in LA. he would most likely take a massive pay cutt for a ring)

5) PJ Brown ( almost averages a double double with 10.7 ppg and 9.5 rpg. he isnt exactly young but he has size, experience, great physical shape, great game stats and numbers, agressivness, and a great inside presence. He has a good chance he will end up in LA, and because of his age, would except a pay cutt)

6) Alonzo Mourning ( would serve as a good back up center to shaq but could also play the PF position. He has experience along with age but is still greatly productive. He averages 15 ppg and over 8 rpg. could easily rack up the double doubles on any given game and would take loads of pressure off shaq. hell, he could possibably extend shaq's carrer by 2 or 3 years. he knows he is in the twilight of his career but is extreemly valuable in his productivness. he would take a pay cut for a ring also.)

7) Brad Miller ( not an option, would not take a pay cut with youth and skill on his side. LA not a good option for him)

8) Jermain Oneil ( this guy would be a God send but will definantly not end up with LA. see #7 above)
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Re: A look at the free agent market for LA

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 22, 2003 10:25 am

7) Brad Miller ( not an option, would not take a pay cut with youth and skill on his side. LA not a good option for him)

This guy is earning between 4-5 mil. this year. It would not be a huge cut to the 4.5 that we could offer. :man7:
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 3:07 pm

I would prefer to go after Juwan Howard, he seems to be the most interested in LA of the Free Agents you listed!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 4:18 pm

We are in desperate need of a PF! I see Juwan or Karl... :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion