Looking At Our Roster Now....

Looking At Our Roster Now....

Postby LooN3y on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 am

IF Per SAY kobe plays only 3 more years like speculated, how realistic is it for him to tie or surpass jordan in terms of rings?

it seems like we'd atleast have to win 1 right now, or go 2 in a row after we "attempt" to make a "super team" in 2014.

is it even possible? i feel like we can, but am i just blinded by my laker love? or is it reachable? i just really dont know.

:man3:
LooN3y

Re: Looking At Our Roster Now....

Postby kenzo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 am

As much as i would LOVE to see Kobe getting another ring... i just don't see it. If my pipe dream (Love, Rondo) pans out, we may have a chance though :jam2:
kenzo

Postby trodgers on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:20 am

We're in a good position to be loaded up with cheap and decent players with some cap space. If we lure one or two players in for a hefty salary to replace others who SHOULD be gone (Nash, Gasol), we have a fighting chance.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Sirron on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:52 am

Even when loaded with talent that is familiar with each other and a proven winning coach like Jackson, it's not that easy.

As much as I'd like to say yes, I'd say the odds are not in our favor. However, that won't keep me from watching and enjoying my favorite team battle it out.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 am

^ Those two old timers are right: the chances aren't great, but they're there.

Things have to break pretty much exactly right for us and players like Kobe and maybe Gasol are going to have to really capitulate to the team so that they can be surrounded with talent and allow that talent to work.

We'll see. I'll be watching every game, but who knows for sure?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 am

I'm hoping this is like 2008, nobody expected anything out of us and then the hot start along with the Pau trade mid-season. Very slim chance but I'd love to see it though.
khmrP

Postby LooN3y on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:50 pm

with MDA still on board, i just lose hope,

especially after seeing the Jordan Hill thread, i mean Hill being a stretch 4? how is that better than having PAu at the 3pt line when pau is the better shooteR?

MDA's failure to adjust to his players strengths is just jaw dropping. seems like last year all over again, whats next? Kaman playing PG? trying to cross and slash his way to the basket or dish it out?

he never should of been hired, whoever hired him (which was definitely not Mitch) had no idea what he was doing.

any True laker fan, hell any true basketball fan can see that MDA was not a good signing. why the hell do we sign a coach who fails to adjust his offense, and runs an offense thats directly the opposite of what our roster was built for.

i mean its Jim, and hes not willing to make himself look like a fool again, i dont know how people can defend him at this point.

He hired brown, than he hired MDA, and lets not forget about the rudy hire. and people give him too much credit for the "Veto'd" trade, of course i im not sure, but something tells me that im sure it was Mitch taht did all the work for that, and jimmy just approved.

he cleaned out the coaching staff, he try to make his "own" legacy with this franchise, and failed horribly.

he's not firing dantoni to save face, there is no ifs and buts, MDA was a straight blunder move, i was dreadful, straight dreadful we went from brown to MDA.

MDA is going to get ran out of LA as well by fans, just like NY.

i dont know why its so hard for Jim to do his job, all hes supposed to do is approve Mitch's Magic.

this is frustrating
LooN3y

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:17 pm

It only happens if we go all out next offseason.. Getting Lebron, maybe Melo, or stealing 1 of the RFA's like George or Cousins.. + still having cap space to go out & get another good player or 2 while still bringing Kobe & Pau back.. Lebron/George/Melo/Deng/ orGranger + Cousins & I like our chances..
lakersin4

Postby jadej2 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm

LooN3y wrote:with MDA still on board, i just lose hope,

especially after seeing the Jordan Hill thread, i mean Hill being a stretch 4? how is that better than having PAu at the 3pt line when pau is the better shooteR?

MDA's failure to adjust to his players strengths is just jaw dropping. seems like last year all over again, whats next? Kaman playing PG? trying to cross and slash his way to the basket or dish it out?

he never should of been hired, whoever hired him (which was definitely not Mitch) had no idea what he was doing.

any True laker fan, hell any true basketball fan can see that MDA was not a good signing. why the hell do we sign a coach who fails to adjust his offense, and runs an offense thats directly the opposite of what our roster was built for.

i mean its Jim, and hes not willing to make himself look like a fool again, i dont know how people can defend him at this point.

He hired brown, than he hired MDA, and lets not forget about the rudy hire. and people give him too much credit for the "Veto'd" trade, of course i im not sure, but something tells me that im sure it was Mitch taht did all the work for that, and jimmy just approved.

he cleaned out the coaching staff, he try to make his "own" legacy with this franchise, and failed horribly.

he's not firing dantoni to save face, there is no ifs and buts, MDA was a straight blunder move, i was dreadful, straight dreadful we went from brown to MDA.

MDA is going to get ran out of LA as well by fans, just like NY.

i dont know why its so hard for Jim to do his job, all hes supposed to do is approve Mitch's Magic.

this is frustrating

Well be careful what you wish for when you wanted Brown fired. Also it's not just Jim's for MDA I'm sorry to say this, but it's also the late Dr. Buss fault for this as well because he's the one who really approved. Also the reason why Jim didn't fire MDA because he's not paying for three coaches.
jadej2

Return to Lakers Discussion