I love you Big Fella! (Shaq) (MDE) (3 time finals MVP!)

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 8:38 pm

If Shaq stays (at 40 mil a year) we are DOOMED!
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 8:41 pm

Shaq may take a paycut next year
because heis at the point of his career now where he wants the rings
he got tonsa cash! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 8:56 pm

I'm still not willin to get rid of Shaq... He's the most dominating center we have, and with the core of Kobe him and Phil, I see no other way but to keep the big man and dont seperate the 3. They got us to where we are now. We need Shaq, and even if he didn't do so good durin the offseason and in the season, he's still worth havin cuz there's room for improvement next season...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 9:32 pm

mah words exactly sis! :bow:
teh 3 need each othah!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:37 pm

Yeap...most def! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 9:43 pm

It's a triangle! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:45 pm

LOL between Phil Kobe and Shaq...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 9:54 pm

the Bermuda triangle! :man3:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 10:20 pm

LOL.... whats this nonsense that SHAQ is willing to take a paycut? Didn't anybody read the past post? Shaq and his Crew... had a meeting with MITCH concerning his Extension...Shaq wants to MAX out his Contract!!!!!
Okay... so SHAQ took a year off?.... WFT!!!! He's getting paid 30 million a year and he gets a year off?.... If I took a year off at my career I would be out of a JOB. If I do half [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] at my career I would get replaced. At the amount SHAQ is getting paid he should always be in shape, give a 100% effort and ready to play BBall. People will say " well your not in SHAQ shoes, you don't know what he does all day". If you ask me I would LOVE to be in SHAQ's shoes any DAY!!!. Shaq is supposedly playing a game he loves and hes getting paid well ($30 million for a year). Now, he wants to extend his FAT contract because 30 mill is not enough anymore.... he wants the max at 40 million a year. Yea, poor SHAQ. How can he live with just 30 mill.... look at him he's but SKIN and BONES.... lol
I know we can't win every year. This year however his weight DIGUSTED me..... missed camp, delayed surgery, played little to no defense and just plain looked sluggish, now he wants to extend his CONTRACT even before the season was over? p-p-p-please......
I'd get GARNETT for Shaq anytime. GARNETT is a consumet team player!

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 10:24 pm

I agree with Snakell Beast. If that trade was going to happen I would support it.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 11:55 pm

I'd support anything the Lakers do, but passing off Shaq just for one years work isn't the answer nor is it gonna change the problems we have in our personal. The problem just isn't in Shaq's part cuz he isn't a one man team. Shaq is gettin paid some big bucks cuz of the kinda player he is. But to judge his efforts on the past year isn't the answer. Rather than to give up on Shaq it'll be more better for the team to work things out with him. Sure it's much easier givin up on a player and it isn't as time consuming as encouraging him to do what he's capable of. Shaq will stay in LA for a long time, cuz he's a franchise player. This offseason is gonna prove a lot in the next season(s) to come. :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri May 23, 2003 12:14 am

If SHAQ shows up to camp weighing 360 lbs would that change your opinion of him and his promises?

I really hope he shows up in shape. Kobe worked his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off all year. I felt that he worked himself to exhaustion and I was afraid he might've gotten injuryed because he was trying so hard. He was doing all this while the other half of the DYNAMIC DUO was recooperating. He put the team (which was built around SHAQ) around his shoulders.

I hope SHAQ comes to camp to play and in shape..... or you can kiss his FAT CONTRACT extension AUDIOS.......

KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 23, 2003 1:15 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:If SHAQ shows up to camp weighing 360 lbs would that change your opinion of him and his promises?

I really hope he shows up in shape. Kobe worked his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off all year. I felt that he worked himself to exhaustion and I was afraid he might've gotten injuryed because he was trying so hard. He was doing all this while the other half of the DYNAMIC DUO was recooperating. He put the team (which was built around SHAQ) around his shoulders.

I hope SHAQ comes to camp to play and in shape..... or you can kiss his FAT CONTRACT extension AUDIOS.......

KOBE OUR REAL MVP

Of course that'll change mah opinions... But I don't think it's gonna happen... Clearly Shaq and Kobe wanna win, and they're gonna do everything in their power on the court and in training to do so. Kobe knows what it took in the offseason, and he's gonna do his thang. Kobe DID push himself to exhaustion, and worked through injuries cuz for his passion for winning and for the game. But Kobe isn't a one man team, and our team revolves around the big three. Kobe's tha true NBA MVP of 2003 for many reasons, and we all know what they are...!!!! I'm never gonna lose faith in the offseason for what training Shaq's gonna do. So until it's all over and done with, I'm not givin in to the whole KG thang... It sounds good, but it's not realistic enough for me to involve mahself in.. :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Fri May 23, 2003 12:59 pm

thanks LG!
kobe #1 fan thats your opinion and I respect it
good day now
when that happens..i'll barf
but hey it won't
to say garnett is better than shaq is crazy garnett got no rings
and ISNT THE Mde
:man11:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby MIKEDOG on Fri May 23, 2003 3:43 pm

Reddy and LG you two are made for eachother, you are completly blinded by your love for this player. The fact is Shaq wants to max out his contract because he has already won the rings and he needs to secure his future. He is not interested in getting into shape and it is a slap in the face of everyother player on the team that pushes thier self to improve in the off season.
MIKEDOG

Postby Reddy on Fri May 23, 2003 6:43 pm

You know that for sure?
You think Shaq at 31 isn't hungry 4 more rings? :man3:
He's only got 3, and to be MDE he needs more than 3.
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:11 am

MIKEDOG wrote:Reddy and LG you two are made for eachother, you are completly blinded by your love for this player. The fact is Shaq wants to max out his contract because he has already won the rings and he needs to secure his future. He is not interested in getting into shape and it is a slap in the face of everyother player on the team that pushes thier self to improve in the off season.

Like I SAID.... no one but Shaq knows what's goin through his head. So we can bicker all we want about him wantin to secure his future, but one things for sure. If Shaq says he's gonna train hard in the offseason, then mark his words. Hey Shaq's takin advantage of the opportunity cuz he's worth that much. Even though he thought he could get away with goofin off in the season, well he had 3 titles to back him up, and he clearly forgot what it takes to be called a champion. He once had that, now it's lost, and the Lakers as a whole gotta step it up, well all know that. I'm not blinded by the love towards him as a player, maybe u might be with others, but I know I'm clearly not. Why get rid of someone who's the center of this triangle, and who makes this system work!? If it's not broke, then don't fix it. Improve, and improvise, and we got this league on lock.
LakersGyrl2003

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion