LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 pm

So you're basing everything off of pure speculation with absolutely no evidence to back that up?

I think Doc Brown hit this one on the head. People are just going to continue blaming the guy just because they don't like him. When a trade goes through, you'll be one of the first posters I think about. How much credit will you give him then?

By the way I'm still shocked anyone would DARE call Jim Buss (or Jerry through the transitive property) cheap. :man10: Pennywise and pound foolish, eh? :man10: C'mon man. They have the highest payroll in the NBA. Pound foolish indeed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby NewDynasty on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

To me Clark getting a chance to play is way better then adding martin.
NewDynasty

 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

NewDynasty wrote:To me Clark getting a chance to play is way better then adding martin.

Well the idea would be having a guy behind Clark. Because now what happens if Clark goes down?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:35 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:You can't understand it? Or refuse to? I believe (and I may be wrong, but who knows? Not either of us) that Jim won't let Mitch make tweaks yet because, as he said last week, he believes in the team and that they will figure it out. I believe that Jim won't allow any trades and won't allow Mitch to add salary -- otherwise, why wouldn't they have added Martin when Hill went down? Or West weeks ago knowing that Blake AND Nash would be out? Or Pietrus months ago knowing that we had no back up to Ron?

The season is being lost because of injuries, poor coaching, and poor play, for sure. But another reason that things are bad -- no depth, too many d-league players getting run on a supposed contender, and no defense -- is because Jim as been penny wise and pound foolish when vets were available to help. I see the lack of any change -- OTHER THAN COACH (which is obviously very expensive, but a move more made by Daddy) -- as stuborness. And it all starts with Buss. IMO Flame away...


wow. Basically you say the FO isn't doing its job because they didn't just go out and spend money? It is easy to spend other peoples money. THe FO can't just make moves to make move just to make move. When you have a team with the players we have it is easy to understand why they are trying to wait it out. The team can win NOW as constructed. It is funny that people are always saying "get this vet" like they aren't old too. KMart (though I think the Lakers should pick him up) has not been grabbed by ANY team all year. We picked up Jamison who everyone was excited about but his play has been up and down. We have last years premier 3-point shooter in Meeks. We have had injuries and still haven't found defensive chemistry but making a move for making a move isn't smart business. The Buss family has consistantly paid for a Champion calibur team. We are spoiled for sure.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30814
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:
NewDynasty wrote:To me Clark getting a chance to play is way better then adding martin.

Well the idea would be having a guy behind Clark. Because now what happens if Clark goes down?


I'd still bring in Martin. Clark can guard 1-4, Martin can guard some 2's and 3-4, D12 is getting back to DPOY D12.

If are Achilles heel is defense and we seem to be putting up 100 points with ease no matter who is playing, might as well pick him up.

D12/Clark/Martin/Jamison + the haul from the Pau trade ( :man1: ), I think we would have a good balance there of offense and defense with our bigs.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm definitely with you. My suspicion is that we're waiting to sign Martin in case we pick depth in the Gasol trade. What happens if we sign Martin now? We lose that tiny flexibility we gained by cutting DJO.

We've got the slimmest amount of wiggle room here. I'd have a call put into Kenyon to wait on us for a week until we finalize our Gasol deal. If nothing comes up then, he can move on and get slightly less in another city.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:You can't understand it? Or refuse to? I believe (and I may be wrong, but who knows? Not either of us) that Jim won't let Mitch make tweaks yet because, as he said last week, he believes in the team and that they will figure it out. I believe that Jim won't allow any trades and won't allow Mitch to add salary -- otherwise, why wouldn't they have added Martin when Hill went down? Or West weeks ago knowing that Blake AND Nash would be out? Or Pietrus months ago knowing that we had no back up to Ron?

The season is being lost because of injuries, poor coaching, and poor play, for sure. But another reason that things are bad -- no depth, too many d-league players getting run on a supposed contender, and no defense -- is because Jim as been penny wise and pound foolish when vets were available to help. I see the lack of any change -- OTHER THAN COACH (which is obviously very expensive, but a move more made by Daddy) -- as stuborness. And it all starts with Buss. IMO Flame away...


wow. Basically you say the FO isn't doing its job because they didn't just go out and spend money? It is easy to spend other peoples money. THe FO can't just make moves to make move just to make move. When you have a team with the players we have it is easy to understand why they are trying to wait it out. The team can win NOW as constructed. It is funny that people are always saying "get this vet" like they aren't old too. KMart (though I think the Lakers should pick him up) has not been grabbed by ANY team all year. We picked up Jamison who everyone was excited about but his play has been up and down. We have last years premier 3-point shooter in Meeks. We have had injuries and still haven't found defensive chemistry but making a move for making a move isn't smart business. The Buss family has consistantly paid for a Champion calibur team. We are spoiled for sure.


Puff, I get all that. I really do. But I am saying why risk MISSING THE PLAYOFFS, wasting another Kobe year, and paying all that in taxes for nothing. Pietrus and West are vets with playoff experience, and they are better than Morris, Duhon, and Ebanks. The team has sufered several close losses. 2 or 3 of them could have been avoided with just a little help. And this next two week stretch could end all hope. Such a big gamble to me. Too many injuries to key players to not add a picece here and there, in my mind.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm definitely with you. My suspicion is that we're waiting to sign Martin in case we pick depth in the Gasol trade. What happens if we sign Martin now? We lose that tiny flexibility we gained by cutting DJO.

We've got the slimmest amount of wiggle room here. I'd have a call put into Kenyon to wait on us for a week until we finalize our Gasol deal. If nothing comes up then, he can move on and get slightly less in another city.



I am hoping this is the thinking -- meaning they are trying to move Gasol. But if we lose to the Bucks, Heat, Bulls, Jazz and Thunder in the meantime, none of it will matter. :man6:
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby NewDynasty on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:
NewDynasty wrote:To me Clark getting a chance to play is way better then adding martin.

Well the idea would be having a guy behind Clark. Because now what happens if Clark goes down?


A Gasol trade would take care of that. Also Jamison is finally getting playing time so he covers the minutes that Clark isnt playing... i cant stand martin so that maybe the reason i dont want him on this team.
NewDynasty

 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
Puff, I get all that. I really do. But I am saying why risk MISSING THE PLAYOFFS, wasting another Kobe year, and paying all that in taxes for nothing. Pietrus and West are vets with playoff experience, and they are better than Morris, Duhon, and Ebanks. The team has sufered several close losses. 2 or 3 of them could have been avoided with just a little help. And this next two week stretch could end all hope. Such a big gamble to me. Too many injuries to key players to not add a picece here and there, in my mind.


That is understandable concern but the Lakers aren't a team that is saying lets risk the playoffs. Remember every new addition has to fit in with the others. Our biggest issue outside of injuries have been chemistry. The problem is Vets have to play ust look at Jamison. If he had a consistent game time he would be putting up better numbers as his career has shown. Again it brings back to the point what we need. Unlike most here I like Blake as our back up PG. With Hill out I agree it would be a good idea to pick up someone with plaoff experience which I lean towards KMart or even Pietrus. We don't need to make drastic changes we just need to fill the injury hole, get healthy and have our guys play with some damn heart like they have been lately.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30814
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

NewDynasty wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
NewDynasty wrote:To me Clark getting a chance to play is way better then adding martin.

Well the idea would be having a guy behind Clark. Because now what happens if Clark goes down?


A Gasol trade would take care of that. Also Jamison is finally getting playing time so he covers the minutes that Clark isnt playing... i cant stand martin so that maybe the reason i dont want him on this team.

Jamison has been pretty shaky this season, so I'm not really happy with just giving him the minutes without question.

Artest/Clark/Jamison
Clark/Artest/Jamison
Howard/Sacre

And if Clark goes down, then it's just Jamison and Artest down there and we're screwed. We need the depth, even if it's not Martin. Martin is just the best available player right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm definitely with you. My suspicion is that we're waiting to sign Martin in case we pick depth in the Gasol trade. What happens if we sign Martin now? We lose that tiny flexibility we gained by cutting DJO.

We've got the slimmest amount of wiggle room here. I'd have a call put into Kenyon to wait on us for a week until we finalize our Gasol deal. If nothing comes up then, he can move on and get slightly less in another city.



I am hoping this is the thinking -- meaning they are trying to move Gasol. But if we lose to the Bucks, Heat, Bulls, Jazz and Thunder in the meantime, none of it will matter. :man6:

History seems to indicate that's the plan. I can see them dropping the games against the Heat and Thunder, but I'll be shocked if they lose to the Jazz and the Bucks. The Bulls are a wildcard.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby scissors on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

2-0 after tonight. :jam2:
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: LQOTD: Are we 1-0?

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Still had stretches where we committed way too many turnovers.. If we played even a decent team we would have lost that game. Not exactly a turnaround game.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 18 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.