LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm

We need Utah to LOSE tonight....remember they OWN the tiebreaker against us, so essentially, we need to finish with one less loss than the Jazz, and as of right now, we're TIED in the loss column. With Houston and GS, we have a shot at owning the tiebreakers, so we can essentially tie them at the end of the season and still own tiebreakers against both teams, whereas with the Jazz, we don't have that luxury. All the jazz need to do is tie the Lakers in the loss column and theyre in the playoffs. We can't take that chance...so we have to really root against Utah from here on out no matter what thanks to them OWNING the tiebreaker against us.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby Center Court on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

TheOp wrote:If the Spurs keep the 1 seed, I could care less about moving any higher then 8th. Not sure why people are so scared of taking the 8 seed, its the easiest playoff schedule we could have. If we beat the Spurs, were in their 1 seed bracket. That means we will AVOID OKC until the WCF.

Hopefully Utah loses.


that makes no sense...

if you want to stay int he 8th seed, then we need Houston to stay ahead of us which means Utah to win.

However, my theory is just win every game and se what happens.

Too many things can happen, OKC gets 1 seed, Clippers fall to 4, Spurs don't get Parker back in time, etc.

IMO the best situation is to avoid OKC adn Denver as long as possible. OKC we'd get 2 off, Denver, maybe 2.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby magic2kb8 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:We're two back in the loss column on Houston, and just two wins ahead of Utah. We need to distance ourselves from Utah first, then we can focus on catching Houston or GS.


BINGO.

We want Houston to win, and back UTAH further back.
User avatar
magic2kb8

 
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Chopper wrote:i think you should look forward, not back.

I want HOU to lose. The lakers can outpace Utah down the stretch, especially with Utah's hard schedule. Lakers should be looking to move up. GSW is likely to lose tonight too so hopefully Lakers can gain ground back form losing against PHX.


I dont see how post like these can be so overconfident, you'd think after the debacle in PHO is enough to show we're still not there yet and we need all the help we can get cause we're gona have a few more these types of games going forward.....yea it was b2b so what? Den just had a B2B with Chi/OKC and they won BOTH games and here we are using tired excuse of b2b against 2 of the worst team record wise in the west
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

khmrP wrote:
Chopper wrote:i think you should look forward, not back.

I want HOU to lose. The lakers can outpace Utah down the stretch, especially with Utah's hard schedule. Lakers should be looking to move up. GSW is likely to lose tonight too so hopefully Lakers can gain ground back form losing against PHX.


I dont see how post like these can be so overconfident, you'd think after the debacle in PHO is enough to show we're still not there yet and we need all the help we can get cause we're gona have a few more these types of games going forward.....yea it was b2b so what? Den just had a B2B with Chi/OKC and they won BOTH games and here we are using tired excuse of b2b against 2 of the worst team record wise in the west



Good call....I think basically the Lakers are guaranteed to lose on 2nd night of a b2b....its been their achilles heel all year...they have 2 more of those against good home teams (MIL and POR), and both will be on the road...so i'm counting those 2 as for SURE losses....with probably 2 more losses coming @GSW and @LAC...but you knwo which game i'm actually really scared of? The game @SAC....they just beat the Clippers at home and they're the highest scoring team in the LEAGUE since all star break at 110ppg!!!!!! That's a trap game if I've ever seen one...and it may be our LAST game ever in Sacramento....so you know they'll be jazzed up.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Center Court wrote:if you want to stay int he 8th seed, then we need Houston to stay ahead of us which means Utah to win.


How does that make sense?

If we want to stay in the 8th place, we want HOU to win, GSW to mostly win (except against us; maybe a split here?) and UTA, DAL and POR to lose.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby quartzcharm on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Houston win.
quartzcharm

 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:49 am

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby trodgers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Sorry puff.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 pm

:man1: The people answer Trodgers LQOTD so its all good.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30817
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby TheOp on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Center Court wrote:
TheOp wrote:If the Spurs keep the 1 seed, I could care less about moving any higher then 8th. Not sure why people are so scared of taking the 8 seed, its the easiest playoff schedule we could have. If we beat the Spurs, were in their 1 seed bracket. That means we will AVOID OKC until the WCF.

Hopefully Utah loses.


that makes no sense...

if you want to stay int he 8th seed, then we need Houston to stay ahead of us which means Utah to win.

How is Houston staying ahead of us if Utah wins? Its not that complicated, Utah needs to lose so we have a better grip on the 8 seed, and we can also rest players towards the end once we have our matchup set. Houston and Golden State can battle it out for the 6 seed, we can go into the playoffs rested and healthy if we get as far away from Utah as possible.
Image
TheOp

 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: SoCAL

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Just get in the playoffs.
Soylent Green is People!
User avatar
jimbo327

 
Posts: 14919
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Where Else?

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

khmrP wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Not sure why everyone wants the Spurs. We're not some matchup nightmare for them or anything and I just can't see them losing to an 8th seed twice in three seasons. No team is bad enough to pull something like that.

Last post-season we actually were able to keep up with OKC even though they were a fast paced team. Those games were almost all close for the most part and when healthy we beat OKC this season. I think they're actually a worse team this season despite their amazing margin of victory.

But regardless I want the 6th seed so Houston and GSW losing is good for us. I think that's our only chance of advancing past the 1st round so long as Memphis gets the 3rd.

so 6th seed over possibly more gurantee's of not having to worry bout Utah? Considering all the injury issues and still horrific defensive woes, I'd be happy with 8th seed, 6th at this junction is a pipe dream, we'll have more nights like we did in Pho guranteed.


We're guaranteed to have nights where we're missing 2 of our best 4 players and shoot nearly 30%? I seriously doubt that. I'm not that scared of losing the 8th seed, since Utah has been playing horridly (and most likely tanking.) I am however not as confident as most about seeing the Spurs in the 1st round, they're a better team than most give them credit for. I'm going to be rooting for Utah since the Rockets and Golden State are still catchable, and hope for a 6th seed match up with the PaperClips or Memphis. Then again, Utah has been playing really bad, like I said, so i don't think Houston will lose to them tonight.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:06 pm

^

Too bad, because the Jazz are getting crushed right now. They are horrible on the road.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Trust me guys, Utah losing tonight is GREAT for us simply because they own the damn TIEBREAKER against us. At least with Houston and GS, we can control that since we play GS twice and Houston on the last day of the season....I'm confident Houston and GS are going to lose a few more games down the stretch, and we will have an opportunity to catch them. I want Utah to lose as many games as possible...they will lose tonight, hopefully lose to both San Antonio and Dallas, and then lose @POR and BKN. I think that'll give us a solid cushion and in fact, we might have to worry about Dallas since they're on a 6 game home-stand and we do face them one more time at STAPLES.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Houston wins. Jazz drop to .500. Sucks for them, they can start tanking now and leave us alone. :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby noobiew on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Certainly Houston, we have not guarantee for the 8th spot yet.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby dneprovec on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 pm

utah and gs lost
we can get to 6-th place :jam2:
dneprovec

 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:45 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Not sure why everyone wants the Spurs. We're not some matchup nightmare for them or anything and I just can't see them losing to an 8th seed twice in three seasons. No team is bad enough to pull something like that.

Last post-season we actually were able to keep up with OKC even though they were a fast paced team. Those games were almost all close for the most part and when healthy we beat OKC this season. I think they're actually a worse team this season despite their amazing margin of victory.

But regardless I want the 6th seed so Houston and GSW losing is good for us. I think that's our only chance of advancing past the 1st round so long as Memphis gets the 3rd.

so 6th seed over possibly more gurantee's of not having to worry bout Utah? Considering all the injury issues and still horrific defensive woes, I'd be happy with 8th seed, 6th at this junction is a pipe dream, we'll have more nights like we did in Pho guranteed.


We're guaranteed to have nights where we're missing 2 of our best 4 players and shoot nearly 30%? I seriously doubt that. I'm not that scared of losing the 8th seed, since Utah has been playing horridly (and most likely tanking.) I am however not as confident as most about seeing the Spurs in the 1st round, they're a better team than most give them credit for. I'm going to be rooting for Utah since the Rockets and Golden State are still catchable, and hope for a 6th seed match up with the PaperClips or Memphis. Then again, Utah has been playing really bad, like I said, so i don't think Houston will lose to them tonight.

like we haven't lost to terrible teams with those 2 either?
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 pm

It was a win/win for us...

Utah lost giving us better breathing room and GS lost coming back to us.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30817
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:42 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Not sure why everyone wants the Spurs. We're not some matchup nightmare for them or anything and I just can't see them losing to an 8th seed twice in three seasons. No team is bad enough to pull something like that.

Last post-season we actually were able to keep up with OKC even though they were a fast paced team. Those games were almost all close for the most part and when healthy we beat OKC this season. I think they're actually a worse team this season despite their amazing margin of victory.

But regardless I want the 6th seed so Houston and GSW losing is good for us. I think that's our only chance of advancing past the 1st round so long as Memphis gets the 3rd.


We lost both games against SAS on the last shot ... without Nash in the 1st one and without D12 and Pau in the 2nd.

We're 3-9 against OKC since 2011-2012 ... 0-6 in OKC , only one game was close , OKC always open up a double digit lead at halftime... and Westbrook and KD had both terrible shooting nights in 2 of our 3 wins .

I agree OKC is a worse team than last season ... they're just our worst matchup in the Conf
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: LQOTD: Houston on Utah tonight?

Postby Center Court on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 pm

TheOp wrote:
Center Court wrote:
TheOp wrote:If the Spurs keep the 1 seed, I could care less about moving any higher then 8th. Not sure why people are so scared of taking the 8 seed, its the easiest playoff schedule we could have. If we beat the Spurs, were in their 1 seed bracket. That means we will AVOID OKC until the WCF.

Hopefully Utah loses.


that makes no sense...

if you want to stay int he 8th seed, then we need Houston to stay ahead of us which means Utah to win.

How is Houston staying ahead of us if Utah wins? Its not that complicated, Utah needs to lose so we have a better grip on the 8 seed, and we can also rest players towards the end once we have our matchup set. Houston and Golden State can battle it out for the 6 seed, we can go into the playoffs rested and healthy if we get as far away from Utah as possible.


Whoa, my bad. Typo. I meant we need Houston to win.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:It was a win/win for us...

Utah lost giving us better breathing room and GS lost coming back to us.

Yep.

We're 2.5 back from the 6th, but if we win tomorrow that puts us at a solid 2 back from them and 1 back from Houston. We play Golden State twice and Houston once. We need to win those 3 games. We win those games, we might make 6th.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 am

^^ True, true.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby karacha on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 am

But a split with GSW is just as likely. They are a pretty decent team.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: LQOTD: Houston or Utah tonight?

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:14 am

karacha wrote:But a split with GSW is just as likely. They are a pretty decent team.

I didn't say likely, I just said possible.

I do think however that if we can get Gasol and/or Kobe back (really we need at least one) we can win all 3 of those games. The hardest one being in Oakland.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.