LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm

odom1year wrote:Since Nash returning to the game, Kobe: 136 shots, Nash+Dwight+Gasol: 144 shots


Awe yea... thats what I'm talking about.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30812
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:19 pm

odom1year wrote:Since Nash returning to the game, Kobe: 136 shots, Nash+Dwight+Gasol: 144 shots


Ouch. Is that true?

Even if it were Michael Jordan instead of Kobe, I think that's too many shots given the talent. Whether that's a microcosm of teammates sucking or Kobe chucking, is and always will be up for debate.

9/10 I'm OK with it. Just feel with Nash & D12 he doesn't need to go that hard.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:21 pm

he does shoot a lot and needs to start games letting the game come to him. Nash will set the tone and get the offense going with ball movement and Kobe should look to facilitate more at the beginning of games. get pau and Dwight going early bc Kobe will always get his and doesn't need to get into a flow or rhythm he can just flat out score.

games where Dwight gets going early we do well. I remember Kobe saying they'd go to pau early and if he can't do anything then he'd make the right pass or something like that.

Kobe can score we know that. he needs to share the ball and run the offense with Nash which thrives on ball movement and it finding energy than him scoring a bunch. all the guys need to get involved
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Well, that certainly is the question of the day given the volume of discussion on it. I think another way to ask the question is, does kobe shooting too much result in wins?

Because it is entirely possible that Kobe shooting too much doesn't CAUSE losses, but that is also doesn't CAUSE wins.

Does Darius Morris going 0-4 CAUSE losses? Probably not. Does that mean we want him to go 0-4 since it may not CAUSE losses? No. Why? Because probably him going 0-4 does not CAUSE wins.

This team is trying to form an identity, develop chemistry, and we all knew we had to be a little patient in the early going as the team works to develop that even at the expense of wins. What gets me, is when we stop doing that, especially so early at times in games, because I don't think it accomplishes any of what we're trying to do which is a) build chemistry and b) win ball games. We are never going to get our role players' roles defined, a healthy flow between players established, if every single time we struggle a bit we abandon what we set out to do.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:50 am

JGC wrote:Well, that certainly is the question of the day given the volume of discussion on it. I think another way to ask the question is, does kobe shooting too much result in wins?

Because it is entirely possible that Kobe shooting too much doesn't CAUSE losses, but that is also doesn't CAUSE wins.

Does Darius Morris going 0-4 CAUSE losses? Probably not. Does that mean we want him to go 0-4 since it may not CAUSE losses? No. Why? Because probably him going 0-4 does not CAUSE wins.

This team is trying to form an identity, develop chemistry, and we all knew we had to be a little patient in the early going as the team works to develop that even at the expense of wins. What gets me, is when we stop doing that, especially so early at times in games, because I don't think it accomplishes any of what we're trying to do which is a) build chemistry and b) win ball games. We are never going to get our role players' roles defined, a healthy flow between players established, if every single time we struggle a bit we abandon what we set out to do.


Can we really waste wins at this point though? Using last game as an example, only 2 of our core guys (Kobe, Nash) played well and everyone else was trash (besides Hill and Meeks). So the solution is give the ball more to those guys and let them continue to miss? I understand trying to build chemistry and all that but I'm not sure the team is in a position to lose ANY games at this point, we NEED every win we can get.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:45 am

I love Kobe Bryant. But I admit the last two seasons I've grown a little tired of Kobe ball. You really think that Nash, Pau and Dwight enjoy watching him hoist up shot after shot? I've never seen a player who's one strength is also his biggest weakness. Puzzling.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Murdock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
JGC wrote:Well, that certainly is the question of the day given the volume of discussion on it. I think another way to ask the question is, does kobe shooting too much result in wins?

Because it is entirely possible that Kobe shooting too much doesn't CAUSE losses, but that is also doesn't CAUSE wins.

Does Darius Morris going 0-4 CAUSE losses? Probably not. Does that mean we want him to go 0-4 since it may not CAUSE losses? No. Why? Because probably him going 0-4 does not CAUSE wins.

This team is trying to form an identity, develop chemistry, and we all knew we had to be a little patient in the early going as the team works to develop that even at the expense of wins. What gets me, is when we stop doing that, especially so early at times in games, because I don't think it accomplishes any of what we're trying to do which is a) build chemistry and b) win ball games. We are never going to get our role players' roles defined, a healthy flow between players established, if every single time we struggle a bit we abandon what we set out to do.


Can we really waste wins at this point though? Using last game as an example, only 2 of our core guys (Kobe, Nash) played well and everyone else was trash (besides Hill and Meeks). So the solution is give the ball more to those guys and let them continue to miss? I understand trying to build chemistry and all that but I'm not sure the team is in a position to lose ANY games at this point, we NEED every win we can get.


yeah but every once in a while when we have brain freeze and play team ball which mostly consists of Kobe taking under 20 shots and having under 20 points we are deadly
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
JGC wrote:Well, that certainly is the question of the day given the volume of discussion on it. I think another way to ask the question is, does kobe shooting too much result in wins?

Because it is entirely possible that Kobe shooting too much doesn't CAUSE losses, but that is also doesn't CAUSE wins.

Does Darius Morris going 0-4 CAUSE losses? Probably not. Does that mean we want him to go 0-4 since it may not CAUSE losses? No. Why? Because probably him going 0-4 does not CAUSE wins.

This team is trying to form an identity, develop chemistry, and we all knew we had to be a little patient in the early going as the team works to develop that even at the expense of wins. What gets me, is when we stop doing that, especially so early at times in games, because I don't think it accomplishes any of what we're trying to do which is a) build chemistry and b) win ball games. We are never going to get our role players' roles defined, a healthy flow between players established, if every single time we struggle a bit we abandon what we set out to do.


Can we really waste wins at this point though? Using last game as an example, only 2 of our core guys (Kobe, Nash) played well and everyone else was trash (besides Hill and Meeks). So the solution is give the ball more to those guys and let them continue to miss? I understand trying to build chemistry and all that but I'm not sure the team is in a position to lose ANY games at this point, we NEED every win we can get.


I never understood why playing more team ball or wanting more ball movement meant that Kobe cannot shoot the ball. It means once Kobe touches the ball, someone else touches it after him, and that happening more often. The end result can still be a shot for Kobe.

Sometimes, all it takes is a layup to get someone going.

If hero ball was a winning formula, then I'd agree with you but it's not particularly the earlier it occurs. We win as a team and we lose as a team. The important thing is that we play TOGETHER as a unit and not a collection of individuals.

You're saying they played like trash and that does come with the benefit of hindsight. At what point in the game, or, at what level of efficiency (or inefficiency) do you feel it is acceptable to stop playing team ball? Because I don't think we can know in the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd quarters that a guy is going to finish the game playing poorly. Sometimes guys start out 3-3 and then cool off. And sometimes, guys start 0-3 and turn it on.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Murdock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 am

JGC wrote:I never understood why playing more team ball or wanting more ball movement meant that Kobe cannot shoot the ball. It means once Kobe touches the ball, someone else touches it after him, and that happening more often. The end result can still be a shot for Kobe.

Sometimes, all it takes is a layup to get someone going.

If hero ball was a winning formula, then I'd agree with you but it's not particularly the earlier it occurs. We win as a team and we lose as a team. The important thing is that we play TOGETHER as a unit and not a collection of individuals.

You're saying they played like trash and that does come with the benefit of hindsight. At what point in the game, or, at what level of efficiency (or inefficiency) do you feel it is acceptable to stop playing team ball? Because I don't think we can know in the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd quarters that a guy is going to finish the game playing poorly. Sometimes guys start out 3-3 and then cool off. And sometimes, guys start 0-3 and turn it on.

too complex thinking I guess ... I said it in the past but Kobe is a bad off ball player ... I mean look at what a simple off ball pick from 6-4 180 Nash can do, imgaine that from 6-6 200 Kobe ...

yeah I will get eaten alive by saying that but what the hack it's the true ... The reason why triangle was that good for him was that it created some scenarios he had to do that, if he wasn't busy at his usual spot ... which is sad with him having an international basketball background
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 am

Kobe Bryant - 39 minutes / 22 FGA / 48 FG% / 37% 3PT / 84% FT...........5 boards / 5 assists

Zero Lakers in the top 20 in defensive rating

Rudy Gay - 36 minutes / 17 FGA / 41 fg% / 32% 3PT / 79% FT.............6 boards / 3 assists

9 players with a defensive rating 100 or below (94 is #1 in the league), one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Why aren't the other Grizzlies quitting on defense because Rudy chucks?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:Kobe Bryant - 39 minutes / 22 FGA / 48 FG% / 37% 3PT / 84% FT...........5 boards / 5 assists

Zero Lakers in the top 20 in defensive rating

Rudy Gay - 36 minutes / 17 FGA / 41 fg% / 32% 3PT / 79% FT.............6 boards / 3 assists

9 players with a defensive rating 100 or below (94 is #1 in the league), one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Why aren't the other Grizzlies quitting on defense because Rudy chucks?


Are you saying Kobe chucks? Or just Rudy Gay chucks?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am

^^^Would you consider someone shooting almost 50% chucking? I don't. And that's not even the point of my post.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^Would you consider someone shooting almost 50% chucking? I don't. And that's not even the point of my post.


Don't you dare back out oh sneaky one!

You said Rudy chucks. You compared him to Kobe. That can only mean that you think Kobe chucks also. Otherwise, the comparison would be pointless.

I don't think either of them chuck, per se. I think one over dominates the ball, but there is a difference. A big one. This isn't an issue of FG% :bang:

Is it really this complicated or are you just being difficult?

If you really want to do this comparison, what is the delta between Kobe's FGA and the next Laker, relative to the delta between Rudy's FGA and the next Grizzlies player? Are those numbers close?
Last edited by JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Those WTF shots might be acceptable if you have Smush and Kwame but you have an All-Star cast around you. You have to make an effort to get others involved. I don't care what anyone saids, these players aren't robots. When your main star clearly makes up his mind on many possessions to take those WTF shots over double teams, you get discouraged because you know that even if you work hard to get open, Kobe might not even see you or get you the ball. I know as "professionals" they should be breaking their arses no matter what but that's not how it works. Team play is infectious in a good way just as watching your star player ball hogging is infectious in a bad way. Why do you think his teammates just stand around in the 4th quarter? Because they KNOW he's going to shoot it and pretty much not look to pass. And then you set a pattern of behavior. We need to reinforce the pattern of team basketball. Ball movement, body movement, setting screens, guys cutting/slashing, etc.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Juronimo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Those WTF shots might be acceptable if you have Smush and Kwame but you have an All-Star cast around you. You have to make an effort to get others involved. I don't care what anyone saids, these players aren't robots. When your main star clearly makes up his mind on many possessions to take those WTF shots over double teams, you get discouraged because you know that even if you work hard to get open, Kobe might not even see you or get you the ball. I know as "professionals" they should be breaking their arses no matter what but that's not how it works. Team play is infectious in a good way just as watching your star player ball hogging is infectious in a bad way. Why do you think his teammates just stand around in the 4th quarter? Because they KNOW he's going to shoot it and pretty much not look to pass. And then you set a pattern of behavior. We need to reinforce the pattern of team basketball. Ball movement, body movement, setting screens, guys cutting/slashing, etc.


Exactly. It made sense back then, not only that he actually helped Kwame and Smush look like real NBA basketball players. Now we have may more talent and they look extremely average right now. Part of that is their fault for not bringing enough intensity. Part of it is the coaching staff's fault for not pointing it out and coaching ball movement, screening and cutting. (maybe they are but we're not at their practices so we can only speculate here) But Kobe does share responsibility here, and that can't be ignored. Playing team ball is confidence inspiring in the same way that playing 1 on 5 is deflating.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Yup. When i play and i see that i have a teammate who thinks he's MJ, i don't even bother cutting or trying to get open but when i play with guys who are unselfish and always looking for the open man, i play hard to try to get open. Basketball is the same on the playground or in the nba.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm

JGC wrote:You said Rudy chucks. You compared him to Kobe. That can only mean that you think Kobe chucks also. Otherwise, the comparison would be pointless. I don't think either of them chuck, per se. I think one over dominates the ball, but there is a difference. A big one. This isn't an issue of FG% :bang:


Let me explain the point I was making since you have everything already figured out. The point you and others are making is that when Kobe shoots to much, as in increased FGA, his teammates don't play defense, don't find a rhythm on offense and overall get disengaged from the game. The comparison was about FGA, you brought up FG% because you thought that was the comparison, it was pointless to you because the part you had figured out was wrong.

You even made this argument yourself.....

JGC wrote:What the stats don't show you is that Kobe's over shooting takes players out of rhythm.


Why do 8 Griz players shoot a better % than Rudy Gay even though he's putting up 17 shots a game? He should be taking them out of their rhythm right?

JGC wrote:When Kobe shoots less and passes more, what do his teammates shoot? A MUCH better percentage, that's what. Remarkable, it's amazing! Not really.


Why is that when Rudy Gay shoots more and assists less, they shoot a better %. 8 players do. Why doesn't your logic not work for the Griz?

Why is that when Rudy Gay puts up increased FGA's with a decreased percentage, aka chucking, his teammates don't get disengaged and stop playing defense and shoot poorly because they aren't in a rhythm? When Kobe dominates and shoots too much, his teammates quit, when Rudy Gay shoots a bunch his teammates get better on defense? Why is that?

JGC wrote:Against the Rockets, I think that even though Kobe shot well, he did the team a disservice by not getting them involved. When they don't get involved, they lose focus. When they lose focus, they don't play defense and they are out of sync on offense.


You said this, but why do the Griz have so many people with in the top 20 in defensive rating when Rudy is shooting too much and not dishing out assists. If Rudy is shooting 17 shots, at 40%, while dishing 2-3 assists, his teammates should be quitting and not playing defense.

Is it really this complicated or are you just being difficult?


It would be easier if you didn't put words in people's mouth and actually try to understand what they are saying and not what you cherry pick out of their posts and turn that into their main point.


One player shoots too much and his teammates get worse

One players shoots too much and his teammates get better

Why doesn't Kobe overshooting effect Hill/Nash/Meeks/Morris? They still give 100% every time. It only has certain effects on certain players and no effects on others?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Murdock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:39 pm

well maybe Rudy as a leader plays D even when he chucks ... Kobe doesn't even when he doesn't chuck
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Yup. When i play and i see that i have a teammate who thinks he's MJ, i don't even bother cutting or trying to get open but when i play with guys who are unselfish and always looking for the open man, i play hard to try to get open. Basketball is the same on the playground or in the nba.


Exactly. And professional players aren't any different.

Possibly even more apathetic because they live for the game. That being said, this usually isn't an issue I have with Kobe. Not during our recent championships. Most notably, this year, with this roster, since Nash's return, it's unacceptable to rely on him as we have before. Even if it's not showing now, it will eventually hurt this Laker team if continued.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Rudy Gay isn't shooting too much. Why do you (Doc Brown) keep saying that? I mean I know what you're doing. Trying to find the highest volume shooter on a team that plays defense and them cramming that in as evidence. Haha. Not working. Doesn't fit. Rudy doesn't shoot too much. You can say it as loud as you want, but it doesn't make it true just because you think it works for you. I'm not quite sure you fully comprehend what people are getting at and I think this odd comparison between Kobe and Rudy illustrates that.

What I want you to do is take a look at the deviation in Kobe's FGA output relative to his starters and then do the same for Gay.

Rudy takes an average of 5.85 FGA more than the starters he plays along. That is:
- 2.7 FGA more than Zach Randolph
- 5.6 FGA more than Mike Conley
- 6.0 FGA more than Marc Gasol
- 9.1 FGA more than Tony Allen

Kobe takes an average of 11.4 FGA (or more than double of Rudy Gay) more than the starters he playing along. And that number is conservative because I assumed MWP was a starter for you. Use Darius' numbers and it looks worse for you. That is:

- 11.1 FGA more than Dwight Howard
- 10.8 FGA more than MWP
- 10.2 FGA more than Pau Gasol
- 13.5 FGA more than Nash

There is a lot more balance in Memphis than there is in LA. Would you agree? Or disagree?

And balance is good, would you agree, or disagree?

I still can't believe you called Kobe a chucker. SMH. Haha.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Finwë on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Is it really this complicated or are you just being difficult?


It would be easier if you didn't put words in people's mouth and actually try to understand what they are saying and not what you cherry pick out of their posts and turn that into their main point.

:jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 pm

JGC wrote:Rudy Gay isn't shooting too much. Why do you (Doc Brown) keep saying that? I mean I know what you're doing. Trying to find the highest volume shooter on a team that plays defense and them cramming that in as evidence. Haha. Not working. Doesn't fit. Rudy doesn't shoot too much. You can say it as loud as you want, but it doesn't make it true just because you think it works for you. I'm not quite sure you fully comprehend what people are getting at and I think this odd comparison between Kobe and Rudy illustrates that.


Carmelo in New York 21 FGA........I don't see his teammates moping around.

Lebron in Miami 19 FGA........I don't see his teammates moping around.

Westbrook and Durant 19 and 18 FGA.......I don't see his teammates moping around.

3 of the top teams in the league with players shooting almost as many shots a game as Kobe, yet the other players on the team play hard, don't get disengaged and play hard on both ends of the floor. They aren't out of rhythm because they don't get to shoot.

I comprehend what people are getting it, you said it yourself, I quoted it. Shooting too much = others players out of rhythm, out of sync, don't play defense on the other end and don't try.

It's not just one isolated example that fits what I want. The Heat and Knicks defense is the same or worse than ours, but they are winning. They shouldn't be because the other players should be out of sync. How can they be winning if all the other players on the team are out of sync and out of rhythm on offense? There goes your thinking you understand again. I just named two teams that don't play defense and it still proves my point. What's my MO now?

Rudy takes an average of 5.85 FGA more than the starters he plays along. That is:
- 2.7 FGA more than Zach Randolph
- 5.6 FGA more than Mike Conley
- 6.0 FGA more than Marc Gasol
- 9.1 FGA more than Tony Allen

Kobe takes an average of 11.4 FGA (or more than double of Rudy Gay) more than the starters he playing along. And that number is conservative because I assumed MWP was a starter for you. Use Darius' numbers and it looks worse for you. That is:

- 11.1 FGA more than Dwight Howard
- 10.8 FGA more than MWP
- 10.2 FGA more than Pau Gasol
- 13.5 FGA more than Nash


You are really going to cherry pick Nash coming back from injury and only playing in 5 games since he's been back? Not surprised. He's played in 7 games total this season, he doesn't even qualify in normal stat rankings.

Zach Randolph - 49% FG, 76%FT, 2 TOPG vs. Pau Gasol - 42% FG, 75%, 2 TOPG
Marc Gasol - 49% FG, 88% FT, 2 TOPG vs. Dwight Howard - 56% FG, 51% FT, 3 TOPG

Why is Memphis more balanced? Because their two other big players make shots and can be depended on, on offense. Gasol is a shell of himself that shoots 20% in the paint. D12 is turnover prone with no post moves or free throws. They get less shots because they aren't consistent enough to get the job done.

MWP and Tony Allen are basically a wash, except one plays better defense (Allen), while the other is better offensively (MWP).

Conley vs. Duhon/Morris (the PG's that have played a majority of the minutes in LA). Conley is proven and is one of the better PG's in the league, Duhon is a solid backup for limited minutes, Morris shouldn't even be in the league, but yet Kobe should be deferring to them?

Miami - Lebron takes...

3 more shot than Wade
6 more shots than Bosh
10 more shots than Ray Allen
12 more shots than Mario Chalmers
15 more shots than Haslem
13 more shots than Battier

Why aren't those guys out of rhythm and not trying and out of sync?

Knicks - Melo takes.....

4 more shots than Felton
15 more shots than Ronnie Brewer
14 shots more than Kidd
14 shots more than Chandler

Why aren't the rest of the guys out of rhythm and not trying and out sync?

OKC - Durant/Westbrook takes...

8 more shots than Ibaka
13 more shots than Sefolosha
14 more shots than Perkins

Why aren't the rest of the guys out of rhythm and not trying and out of sync?


There is a lot more balance in Memphis than there is in LA. Would you agree? Or disagree?

And balance is good, would you agree, or disagree?


Why don't we have balance? Because Kobe shoots too much or the other players don't make their shots? They have balance because Conley/Gasol/Zbo aren't liabilities on offense. Pau/D12/Morris/Duhon play should speak for themselves. Not consistent and if they took more shots we would score less points.

I still can't believe you called Kobe a chucker. SMH. Haha.


Nice job trying to troll. Maybe when you stop trying to better than the poster you are replying to and actually respond to the post and not trying to be a smarta** people would take you more seriously.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 pm

^ Sorry. In none of your examples, do you show a single player that takes a double digit volume of shots more, than the next player in line. Go and find a player who takes at least 10 shots or more, than the next in line on his team and start from there... you use an example of Durant who takes -0.5 FGA than the next closest (Westbrook). LOL! The best part was how you sandwiched them together as if they weren't two distinct human beings.

I mean, this isn't even my argument. I'm not even making the "FGA in a vacuum" argument. There's more to it like turnovers, assists, FTs, etc. You're trying to sell the argument that two players, one person who takes 20 shots and 0 assists = the player who take 20 shots and averages 20 assists. "Well, 20 shots is 20 shots!" Come on. Stop already.

I'm game to try to look at FGA solely and see what findings we come up with, but this is getting, desperate now. I already showed you why there is no balance. Kobe takes double the number of shots of the next person in line (the #2 option). That's not balance. If you can find me a clear cut #1 option who takes double the number of shots of the #2 option and they run a fluid offense and a solid defense then maybe we can go from there.

But it really doesn't make sense for you to squish Durant and Westbrook in to one human and pretend they aren't two.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Are we really questioning the offensive strategy of a dude who won more than any player (other than Fisher lulz) in his generation :man3:
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19988
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 pm

The Rock wrote:Are we really questioning the offensive strategy of a dude who won more than any player (other than Fisher lulz) in his generation :man3:


Are you trying to suggest we shouldn't trust Nash's strategy more than Sun Yues?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.