LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Re: LQOTD: Is Kobe Shooting Lakers out of Games?

Postby JGC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 pm

The Rock wrote:Are we really questioning the offensive strategy of a dude who won more than any player (other than Fisher lulz) in his generation :man3:

Are you trying to suggest we shouldn't trust Nash's strategy more than Sun Yues?
JGC

Postby trodgers on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
odom1year wrote:Since Nash returning to the game, Kobe: 136 shots, Nash+Dwight+Gasol: 144 shots

Awe yea... thats what I'm talking about.

Same span...

Kobe has logged 30 minutes more than Gasol and Nash, 40 more than Howard.
Kobe has a +/- of +21; Howard is +15, Nash is +15, Gasol is -2
Kobe is shooting better than Howard and Gasol in that span.

Looks like Kobe's play isn't the problem. Maybe it's Gasol's?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Well I know Odom1year will definately complain about Kobe playing more hero ball today.. Its pathetic how this dude hurts the team.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am

I actually find it pathetic that he's still here.. There have been several instances were it became obvious that the dude is a troll with an agenda, but he's still posting away...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby noobiew on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 am

Can we all give this man a break please ! :man6:

Today he again played 42 mins and had to guard CP3 basically the whole game while scoring 38 pts himself on a 60% FG

Please leave this poor guy alone ! :man6:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 am

Amazing game by Kobe on both ends. He made amazing shot after another. But i still got the vibe that he wasn't really interested in making the TEAM better but rather get his points. And i never like that as a basketball fan. In the long run, relying on one guy to make one difficult shot after another isn't going to work. You live and die by that and it just doesn't work that way. There has to be more balance. More of an effort from Kobe to facilitate and create for his teammates. If not create, just pass the ball around offensively to try to manufacture an easy shot. You people seriously can't expect Kobe to be this hot for the entire year. Remember early 09-10?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am

Let's get more shots for the guys that were shooting a collective 39% from the field. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby noobiew on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am

Nash & Gasol our primary facilitator & playmaker
Dwight our primary anchor & rim protector
Kobe our primary scorer

so Kobe only got 3 assists today?
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby odom1year on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Well I know Odom1year will definately complain about Kobe playing more hero ball today.. Its pathetic how this dude hurts the team.

I watched whole game. I just felt sad to Gasol. For Kobe, he just had two or three bad shots. Overall, he and Hill were the best Lakers in the game.
odom1year

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:If not create, just pass the ball around offensively to try to manufacture an easy shot. You people seriously can't expect Kobe to be this hot for the entire year. Remember early 09-10?

Gasol: 1/6
Peace: 1/6
Meeks: 3/13

What easy shots...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, overall, Kobe was awesome. And yes, we need to find ways to get better looks for the team. Not necessarily more in this case, just better, easier.

Easier means us not being the only team in the NBA that cannot get their starting center a lob dunk once in a while, for example.
JGC

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion