LQOTD: Do we make a deadline move?

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am

Anyone? Anything?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: LQOTD: Do we make a deadline move?

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 am

Probably not. I would not put my money on it.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:44 am

Do you mean "should we make a deadline move" or "are we making a deadline move? odds of it happening"?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

I can see a Morris or Ebanks dump for a late 2nd rounder, but it doesn't seem like we do much else.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 am

Weezy wrote:I can see a Morris or Ebanks dump for a late 2nd rounder, but it doesn't seem like we do much else.

Sure, that's possible. But I wonder what we would do with that second rounder...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am

Realistically:
Morris, Ebanks, Duhon for a 2nd Rounder.

Sign JO to a vet's min contract if/when Phoenix drops him.

Possible, but not likely:
If Mitch can somehow wave that Magic wand and land us Smooth or KLove, :sing:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am

It would be nice to pick up another piece, but I'm not expecting anything substantial.

Telfair + 2nd for Hamed Haddadi is a rumor going around......

If we could package one of the scrubs + a 2nd round pick and pull a deal like that for a big that would nice.

Hopefully the FO gets lucky and someone gives us a pick for Morris or Ebanks and than we can use that pick to flip another player to address a need on our team.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Aonex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

Depends if other GM's want our garbage (excluding Blake) for some reason.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 am

karacha wrote:
Weezy wrote:I can see a Morris or Ebanks dump for a late 2nd rounder, but it doesn't seem like we do much else.

Sure, that's possible. But I wonder what we would do with that second rounder...

I expect us to dump Ebanks on a team for a 2nd and then we'll attach that 2nd to Artest and move him this summer.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Lakers willing to move Steve Blake or Chris Duhon for 2nd-rd pick, eyeing Pacers' DJ Augustin and Cavs' Daniel Gibson, source says.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

It's Amico so take it for what it's worth. He's an Ohio guy so the Boobie part might have some legs. This would be huge if we could pull it off.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Lakers willing to move Steve Blake or Chris Duhon for 2nd-rd pick, eyeing Pacers' DJ Augustin and Cavs' Daniel Gibson, source says.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

It's Amico so take it for what it's worth. He's an Ohio guy so the Boobie part might have some legs. This would be huge if we could pull it off.

while not a blake fan, if we do get boobie I hope its not for Blake. Boobie is just a short 2guard, nothing bout him screams PG besides his size.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 am

Of be happy with either one of those guys, both could help the bench a little, though I'd prefer it was for Duhon not Blake.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby quartzcharm on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:41 am

Should we? Yes. Will we? Probably not.
quartzcharm

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 am

hmm...i actually like what blake's been doing. i like augustin more than gibson, simply because gibson really can't play pg. is he that much better than meeks? i think not.

i don't see anyone taking duhon.
abeer3

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 am

IIRC Cavs get our 1st rounder if we make the playoffs. Maybe it would give them some incentive to give us some of the goods. :man1:
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

Doc Brown wrote:IIRC Cavs get our 1st rounder if we make the playoffs. Maybe it would give them some incentive to give us some of the goods. :man1:

Pho has the 1st, Clev has the rights to swap their worst pick which is Mia to ours if we make playoff.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 am

instead of waiting for buyout of JO'neal we could just give them Hill Injury exception....I know what Antoni said bout incoporating players but dam its not like his offense is that complicated :freak2: double the savings and give em Duhon for Shannon. I dont know how Brown contract works but Duhon 3.9 next year is only partially guranteed.
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

Morris + Ebanks for a backup big like Dante Cunningham.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:03 am

I really don't see them making any moves. Maybe a salary dump like Weezy mentioned
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 am

DJ Augustin yes please! I know he's been down this season but he's young and he's got talent. Give em duhon!
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 am

From NY Daily News:

This is how one long-time NBA scout summed up trading deadline day, just as the noon hour passed:"It's dead. There's talk. But a lot of teams are scared about the luxury tax.''The Lakers and Warriors are among the teams looking to shed money off their cap to lower their tax bill. If they can move a bench player or two by the 3 p.m. deadline, they'd love to do it."The Lakers might even offer a pick to get a guy off their cap,'' said the scout. "That's how much they want to cut down their salaries.''The Lakers are one of the NBA's richest teams, with some of the deepest pockets, so you know that things are serious if they're trying to cut costs.Laker bench players who are being mentioned for potential trades are ex-Knick Chris Duhon, Steve Blake and Devin Ebanks. Ex-Knick Jordan Hill is practically untradeable after undergoing hip surgery last month. He could be out six months.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby gcclaker on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 am

Duhon, Morris and Ebanks I'm fine with. Blake? No. I don't see the Lakers doing anything either.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am

gcclaker wrote:Duhon, Morris and Ebanks I'm fine with. Blake? No. I don't see the Lakers doing anything either.

Agreed, but I think they would dump Blake for a 2nd round pick because of his salary. He makes too much for a back up in the new CBA.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Elle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 pm

I doubt Mitch will do anything, after all who do we have to trade and for whom? The only one we could ship out would be Howard and I doubt they are ready to give up on him.
Elle

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 pm

TIME wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Duhon, Morris and Ebanks I'm fine with. Blake? No. I don't see the Lakers doing anything either.

Agreed, but I think they would dump Blake for a 2nd round pick because of his salary. He makes too much for a back up in the new CBA.

Well just like Pau he's more valuable as an expiring this summer then.

I'm against moving him at this point unless we get a really nice offer for him. His trade value is as high as it's ever been since we've signed him, but he's also clearly our best backup PG.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion