LQOTD: Is Meeks starter material?

Re: LQOTD: Is Meeks starter material?

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 am

TIME wrote:He has starter talent, but I would prefer if he was the 6th man. Let him play the role of Harden-lite. He has been excelling as the energy / scoring punch off the bench every great team needs.

This. I hoped him, Hill & Jamison would provide just that (Hill = hustle) but 'Tawn isn't even playing. MWP off the bench has been exactly that these past few games (I still rather Metta started though).
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:38 am

Antoni really should stop with the BS of trying to start Meeks/Morris or whoever else that doesn't deserve to start...Peace will do fine starting, Jamison needs to play as the backup 4 so we can keep our starters minutes down :bang:
khmrP

Postby JGC on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Finwë wrote:
TIME wrote:He has starter talent, but I would prefer if he was the 6th man. Let him play the role of Harden-lite. He has been excelling as the energy / scoring punch off the bench every great team needs.

This. I hoped him, Hill & Jamison would provide just that (Hill = hustle) but 'Tawn isn't even playing. MWP off the bench has been exactly that these past few games (I still rather Metta started though).

Harden lite? Meeks can't dribble.

I agree though, as he seems to get a bit lost among the starters.
JGC

Postby gcclaker on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 am

No. Shaky handles, court vision and decision making. Defenders will crowd him and he does not have Miller or Allen type of off the ball movement at this point. I do like the effort he gives on every play.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 am

Yesterday he seemed to be rushing his shots. I still like the energy he brings on defense. Just needs to settle down on offense, while still being aggressive.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 am

khmrP wrote:Antoni really should stop with the BS of trying to start Meeks/Morris or whoever else that doesn't deserve to start...Peace will do fine starting, Jamison needs to play as the backup 4 so we can keep our starters minutes down :bang:

+10
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:05 am

gcclaker wrote:No. Shaky handles, court vision and decision making. Defenders will crowd him and he does not have Miller or Allen type of off the ball movement at this point. I do like the effort he gives on every play.

It's a good thing that defenders will crowd him. More space for Kobe, Pau, D12.

Spaces the floor a heck of alot better than Morris. Defensive falloff from Morris isn't all that bad.
borri

Postby vaitimeri on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:43 pm

I love this guys energy, and he is a great shooter... But... If we are trying to keep our turnovers down, he can not be a starter. Horrible dribbler. Start MWP, get Antawn going and we should be fine.
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion