LQOTD: Time to Move Gasol?

Re: LQOTD: Time to Move Gasol?

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm

The Rock wrote:FO knowa Paua valu goes up in offseason. If you keep him you cant improve the team which is a sinking ship. God help us please lol

Cant believe its been 5yrs already since he got traded here

seems more like 10 based on how horrible he's beent his year.
khmrP

Postby scissors on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

If we trade him now, can we even get someone that will make a big impact for us for the rest of the season?
scissors

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 pm

therealdeal wrote:
karacha wrote:
snackdaddy wrote:Sad thing is, Pau has better skills in the post than Howard.

Let's be honest: Pau has better post skills then any big man in the league. But he's getting older, can't run that fast, can't jump, does not feel like making decisive moves anymore and most importantly -- he can't play good defense like he used to. Unbelievably skilled, yes. But no one fears him anymore. He is much more skilled then Dwight, yet Dwight is clearly the better player. Infuriating, but true.

It's an athlete's league these days, so most of his skill is wasted.

All that skill only gets him so far against guys who are clearly superior athletes with more than enough ability to make up for his skill.

Yes, but it doesn't help that he's so timid and barely tries.

Superior athletes still get confounded by the likes of Andre Miller, Marc Gasol and others who remain AGGRESSIVE and use their intellect to beat the eager athletes who are so confident in their ability to excel on physical ability alone.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

do you guys consider Love or Lee athletic beast? Cause I dont, I mean not at the lvl of a Griffin or a Smith but they seems to get the job done jumping like 2 inches of the ground :man10: and Timmy D is probably the least athletic of these guys and oldest of the bunch and he'd still school all of them on the block and I'd say his defensive impact is better then all these other athletic 4's out there.
khmrP

Postby Kit on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Love is alright

Kit

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm

khmrP wrote:do you guys consider Love or Lee athletic beast? Cause I dont, I mean not at the lvl of a Griffin or a Smith but they seems to get the job done jumping like 2 inches of the ground :man10: and Timmy D is probably the least athletic of these guys and oldest of the bunch and he'd still school all of them on the block and I'd say his defensive impact is better then all these other athletic 4's out there.

Zach Randolf... the list goes on and on of these types of guys.

True skill will always be in demand even with increased average athleticism.
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm

khmrP wrote:do you guys consider Love or Lee athletic beast? Cause I dont, I mean not at the lvl of a Griffin or a Smith but they seems to get the job done jumping like 2 inches of the ground :man10: and Timmy D is probably the least athletic of these guys and oldest of the bunch and he'd still school all of them on the block and I'd say his defensive impact is better then all these other athletic 4's out there.

They're athletic enough to offset the difference, Pau isn't. Pau is all skill and no athleticism at this point.

He's worse than World Peace by far and World Peace is one of the most unathletic 3s in the league.

If Gasol was able to knock down 3s like Love that'd be one thing. If Gasol was as nimble as Lee that'd be another thing. Gasol isn't able to do either of those things. He's got a very good post game when he has a lot of space and.... that's about it. He's not athletic enough to challenge many shots. He's not strong enough to battle for many rebounds. He's not quick enough to defend anyone laterally.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

dont need to be an athlete just TRY
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Time to move... EVERYONE.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion