LQOTD: Turning Point?

Re: LQOTD: Turning Point?

Postby hustle71 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:30 pm

I believe it is a turning point because Mike D seems to have figured out that he does have some young athletic talent to blend with the veterans. Mixing line-ups with young and old will produce better results. Constant energy on the floor with the smarts of the veterans.
hustle71

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

hopefully. but it's true if we have our full lineup and we play with the same energy effort and heart we saw against SAS. pretty crazy we only lost by 3 and had 5 tries to tie it. I can't be mad about that loss other than not running a play for a 3 on the final shot.

we bring that heart and passion and we will win a lot of games. blew a couple defensive assignments but I liked how we played. lets hope it's a turning point but I feel like whenever that happens we come out next game complete opposite of it.
Ariza3

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

What is this "turning point" that you speak of? We're too busy trying to perfect our offense that we stopped caring about defense or even winning for that matter.

Is this still pre-season? :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby scissors on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Just when you think the Lakers had a turning point game, they go out and blow it on the very next scrub team. I don't even know what to think anymore.
scissors

Postby abeer3 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:47 am

op forgot to specify which direction.
abeer3

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am

JULY 1st ... we will turn this around :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby blinkme28 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 am

I wish these guys had the same camaraderie the 2008-2010 team. They played for each other to make each other better. This team is lost in the woods. I think everyone will agree that we have enough veterans to be a 25 win team right now because the experience factor should've propelled them to those wins. GP and Karl were newcomers hoping for a ring and we still made to the finals. There should be a fire under these guys but the loss' i think took a toll. These past laker teams always made a run after the all-star break. I'M PATIENTLY WAITING!!!
blinkme28

Postby 432J on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 am

there won't be a turning point with this team

they have no will to win
432J

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 am

Sure was a turning point. Turn for the worst!
JGC

Postby k0i308v3 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 am

432J wrote:there won't be a turning point with this team

they have no will to win

Agree, I've never disliked watching any Laker team as much as this one. Their might be 3 or 4 guys that are trully playing for something everyone else seems like they really could care less. I hope to god that somehow we either bring in Nate Mcmillan so we can get a clue on D, or get rid of this horrid coaching staff. If that means loosing Nash then so be it. I can't stand watching this team let every team run layup drills, and their is always one player that gets a season high on us every game just torches us. It really is to the point where it is nothing but sad. I would rather watch Kobe and Kwame days then this atleast Kobe was in his prime.
k0i308v3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 am

432J wrote:there won't be a turning point with this team

they have no will to win

yep ... they are not willing to play and sacrify themselves for each other ...

There are talks , lots of talks about turning the situation around for the last 2 months ... ZERO action.

This is the worst on court chemistry I've seen from a Lakers team since ...
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 pm

tonight.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

yeah tonight and after that it will be a next game, and then next game until season ends....pathetic
themasterphil

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 pm

the turning point was the phil mess up...we went from full of hope to fulfilling this MDA misery
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:54 pm

themasterphil wrote:yeah tonight and after that it will be a next game, and then next game until season ends....pathetic

Well I don't think supporting or believing in my team can turn it around is pathetic. What I find pathetic is the "crap" we call Lakers fans who bail on the team when we should be supporting them more. The LA Kings crept into the playoffs and did what no other team has ever done. The stealers a few seasons back crept into the playoffs and won. Until the time the LA Lakers are ruled out of the playoffs then I'll believe they can win. Pathetic? Sure you may think so but I disagree. Pathetic is spoiled fans taking a crap on their team when it gets tough....... yup, pathetic.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 am

Time to follow it up with a win against a top tier team.... Nothing like Miami to fit that bill.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
themasterphil wrote:yeah tonight and after that it will be a next game, and then next game until season ends....pathetic

Well I don't think supporting or believing in my team can turn it around is pathetic. What I find pathetic is the "crap" we call Lakers fans who bail on the team when we should be supporting them more. The LA Kings crept into the playoffs and did what no other team has ever done. The stealers a few seasons back crept into the playoffs and won. Until the time the LA Lakers are ruled out of the playoffs then I'll believe they can win. Pathetic? Sure you may think so but I disagree. Pathetic is spoiled fans taking a crap on their team when it gets tough....... yup, pathetic.

I never understood why supporting a team meant you have to believe the team will win every game they play. I know that's not exactly what you're saying but why can't someone be a fan of a team, and NOT believe they have or will turn the corner this season?

Many people in here have been using every reason in the book this season to say things are going to change. Howard being 100%, Nash coming back, big wins, new coach, new coach again, etc. And the team hasn't shown that any of these reasons have caused the tide to change. I get the pessimism, I understand why it is there. The team's play has caused a lot of fans to take the expect the worst, hope for the best mentality and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. As long as a person hopes for the best and not the worst, I think that that is the requirement of being a fan.

I will always root for this team to win every time they step out on the floor. Doesn't mean I think they will win every time they step out on the floor though.
JGC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

I never understood why supporting a team meant you have to believe the team will win every game they play. I know that's not exactly what you're saying but why can't someone be a fan of a team, and NOT believe they have or will turn the corner this season?

Many people in here have been using every reason in the book this season to say things are going to change. Howard being 100%, Nash coming back, big wins, new coach, new coach again, etc. And the team hasn't shown that any of these reasons have caused the tide to change. I get the pessimism, I understand why it is there. The team's play has caused a lot of fans to take the expect the worst, hope for the best mentality and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. As long as a person hopes for the best and not the worst, I think that that is the requirement of being a fan.

I will always root for this team to win every time they step out on the floor. Doesn't mean I think they will win every time they step out on the floor though.

Well that is simple really.... As long as my teams are "in" it I believe they can do something. While I knock all the hate the team gets I have nothing against someone who just doesn't believe he team is very good. If that is the case then why watch the team at all? Isn't the point of supporting a team believing they can win, they will win and you will see them win? Some may tag on the "blind homer" line but truth be told until the Lakers are out of it completely they have a chance to right the ship.

As for the "not being a fan" because a fan doesn't believe the team can turn the corner I never said that. The poster I responded too called my thought that we could turn the corner "pathetic" which I responded too. It really is an each his own at this point. Why support a team you don't believe in? Why watch the games at all if the only goal is to see how bad we suck? Why spend time posting in GD threads, posting in player threads of them being garbage or waisting the energy saying "I told you we suck" after every loss? That makes no sense to me. I don't get that.

Now for what you called the "excuses" all are valid in my opinion. Yes, injuries have effected this team. Yes, the changes in coaches and systems have effected this team. And yes, the lack of total team commitment as well as lack of chemistry has effected this team. Does that negate the players from their responsibility? No. However, it doesn't mean we shouldn't take those things into consideration as well. We don't simply "suck" like so many posters love to say.

I too get the pessimism. There are times where I curse every player on this team. There are times where I say I am done with this team as well. Heat of the moment (like GD thread post by most) is understandable. I just choose not to look at the end of the season as a forgone conclussion while we still have time to right the ship. Is that so wrong?
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

WE NEED TO BEAT MIAMI TO GIVE OUR TEAM SOME MUCH MORE NEEDED CONFIDENCE AND HOPE :man5:
PurpleNGold1

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:17 pm

should worry bout beating Bucks before we worry bout the Heat. After all this team lost to Phi, Bucks are much better than the Sixers.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 pm

khmrP wrote:should worry bout beating Bucks before we worry bout the Heat. After all this team lost to Phi, Bucks are much better than the Sixers.

this I agree with... Each team must be respected and taken one game at a time.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:should worry bout beating Bucks before we worry bout the Heat. After all this team lost to Phi, Bucks are much better than the Sixers.

this I agree with... Each team must be respected and taken one game at a time.

oh i agree but im talking a W vs a top tier team who better then the skeet skeet :man13:
PurpleNGold1

Postby laker911 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Man how much I would love to beat the Heat and OKC back to back to shut ESPN up. Please guys please do it for us.
laker911

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

A nice couple of good effort wins, a Miami win with Pau leading the bench would do it.

Believe.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 am

while we lost I am now convinced this team has turned the corner
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion