LQOTD: Turning Point?

Re: LQOTD: Turning Point?

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:while we lost I am now convinced this team has turned the corner

I got a sense too..they're playing more with a sense of urgency..but think about it..we are FIVE games under .500...not exactly encouraging to say we turned the corner.
thisbjgz

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

thisbjgz wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:while we lost I am now convinced this team has turned the corner

I got a sense too..they're playing more with a sense of urgency..but think about it..we are FIVE games under .500...not exactly encouraging to say we turned the corner.

Yea we started horrible. When Trodge asked this question we had finally started playing with some energy and pride. I said then if we followed that with the same energy then I think we finally got it. We did just that. Of course both those teams weren't great teams. The Miami game would be the measuring stick and we measured up pretty damn well if you ask me. Even with Nash having a bad game, Kobe shooting like crap, and all the others guys playing up and down we still almost won that game. As far as being five games under, yea that sucks, however we are only a few games out of the playoff spot.As long as we are playing our best when playoffs come (and we are in the playoffs) I will be excited for this team.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:21 am

Yep decent showing tonight....except the same faults we've complained about this seasons were still apparent-- FTs TOs and poor D.

BUT we still were in the game. IMO the next 13 games/1 month determines the season. We hit the road and if we somehow go 9-4, we still have a shot at the playoffs. Not crossing my fingers. Hoping but not crossing.
Chillbongo

Postby trodgers on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 am

At the very least, LA basketball is a bit more enjoyable. Guys are actually trying.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Yeah, and then that happened. There's no turning point, some guys are trying hard, Howard, Clark, Kobe, MWP... that's all I got right now, but this is the same team as under Mike Brown, a win here, flashes there, then crap, crap, crap.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I am now retracting my statement of turning the corner. We didn't play with any bit of the energy we played with the last 3 games. I don't get disgusted very often but watching guys not play with energy disgust me. I really think now its the "Pau" thing that is the problem. He came back and we have seen less energy from everyone, less defensive talking, less rotations and less Chemistry. Season is not lost but we are close to the breaking point. SHake up may have to happen.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby DHL on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

There is no chance we can be a good defensive team as long as we have Pau, Jamison, Meeks, Duhon, Nash, Morris playing minutes. Blow it up.
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Actually, Morris and Meeks can be good defenders. They have other issues, but D isn't one of them. Generally speaking, of course.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

There has never been a turning point to this season. This team is the definition of inconsistency. If things dont change soon, our season is going to end in January with seemingly no way of catching the teams in front of us for the PO's...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby DHL on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Morris can at times stay in front of his man, but he's inconsistent at best. Meeks can't guard anybody and routinely loses his man off the ball. In short, we have too many one dimensional and even no dimensional players that are liabilities that we can't cover up.
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Next season?
khmrP

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Turning point of the season = Not hiring Phil.
borri

Postby themasterphil on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Turning point my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].... :mad1:
themasterphil

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion