LQOTD: What's Clark Worth?

Re: LQOTD: What's Clark Worth?

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Hehe, "settle" for LMA. :mhihi:

Dwight will not leave, no worries.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 pm

i never said settle for LMA as you're big FA prize however I would love to build this team around Howard/LMA and then add quality pieces via FA and small-tweak trades.
Ice-Fire

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 pm

What in the world are you talking about?

Aldridge is good, but if he's your replacement for Dwight then you messed up pretty badly. He's an injury prone finesse guy when everything is said and done. He's a complimentary piece to a true dominating player.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:25 pm

I dunno, I think Clark gets more than Hill in the open market.

Hill is an athletic rebounding machine. But Clark can defend the 2/3/4, put the ball on the floor and take it to the rack, he gets rebounds, blocks, has a jump shot and can even hit the 3.

Hill can defend 4's, has decent range for a 4, is a BEAST, but can't do 2-3 things that Clark can. I don't know what the market value is for a player like Clark but I don't think $8M/2y or $12M/3y is out of the question.

Also I *hope* Clark isn't Luke Waltoning it in a contract year.
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:40 pm

To answer the question: I think 2 or 3 years at 2-4 mill per.

On the other side: Why can't fire-ice understand that this is "NOT" the thread for his random thoughts?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby quartzcharm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm

I think he'll want at least 3 years...12-15 mil range seems about right.
quartzcharm

Postby funkychunky on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm

i think unfortunately Clark will be worth more than Hill on the market. but hopefully Earl will have some loyalty to us for giving him his first actual opportunity for big minutes
funkychunky

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:What in the world are you talking about?

Aldridge is good, but if he's your replacement for Dwight then you messed up pretty badly. He's an injury prone finesse guy when everything is said and done. He's a complimentary piece to a true dominating player.

What about Aldridge and Batum for Howard? Would you take that deal?
IMO Batum is one of the top 6 SFs in the league, and is the type of 3 we need (good defender, good 3pt shooter, is a good playmaker).
Aldridge would fit our system well, he can play the pick and roll / pick and pop game very well, he's good on the post, and he doesn't suck defensively (he's no Howard of course).

I dunno, I think I'd take that deal. Give them MWP or Blake and add Wes Mathews (? spelling) and it would be awesome

EDIT: I feel I need to clarify I'm talking about 2013 Howard, not knowing if he can go back to being as dominant as he was before the back injury, his postgame looking very rudimentary, shooting 50% from the line, and not being the front runner for DPOY.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am

I don't know. I guess in a world without contracts, that'd be alright. But keep in mind now we have literally no inside presence at all. If Aldridge is your on-ball defender and Gasol is your help, that's a layup/dunk every trip down the floor. Those guys are NOT good defensive players.

Now if you were talking Aldridge NEXT to Dwight, I think that'd be a fantastic fit. Much like what Pau should be for the system but isn't quite.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 am

therealdeal wrote:I don't know. I guess in a world without contracts, that'd be alright. But keep in mind now we have literally no inside presence at all. If Aldridge is your on-ball defender and Gasol is your help, that's a layup/dunk every trip down the floor. Those guys are NOT good defensive players.

Now if you were talking Aldridge NEXT to Dwight, I think that'd be a fantastic fit. Much like what Pau should be for the system but isn't quite.

True. And if I were the FO I wouldn't trade Dwight until I knew for sure that the Dwight before the back injury wasn't really coming back. I don't think they can know that, so I imagine they will not trade him, and I completely get it. Maybe if they thought he was gonna walk, then they'd trade him, but that's not happening IMO
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't know. I guess in a world without contracts, that'd be alright. But keep in mind now we have literally no inside presence at all. If Aldridge is your on-ball defender and Gasol is your help, that's a layup/dunk every trip down the floor. Those guys are NOT good defensive players.

True. And if I were the FO I wouldn't trade Dwight until I knew for sure that the Dwight before the back injury wasn't really coming back. I don't think they can know that, so I imagine they will not trade him, and I completely get it. Maybe if they thought he was gonna walk, then they'd trade him, but that's not happening IMO

Agreed. He's not going to leave here unless something crazy happens. I don't know if pre-back injury Dwight comes back, but certainly a better Dwight than we've seen this season should come back. With a summer to heal and a summer to lift/strengthen.

I expect a lot from Dwight next season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm

I feel like some team will overpay for this guy, and he'll be gone this offseason. He looks like a double double threat that can play D... the Cats throw 5 years, 30 mil at that. I can see it happening right now.
Armani

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Whatever he is worth I really hope we can afford it. We need to keep this guy, but the price needs to be reasonable, hopefully no teams overpay because if he bolts for big money I can't blame him. He's gone from riding the bench unknown to possibly getting paid big bucks and being set for life.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

He missed some FTs, but he also had two big boards and a steal down the stretch. And if he hadn't played like he did, we wouldn't have won in all likelihood. He's averaging close to a double double as a starter now.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion