LQOTD: Who Starts?

LQOTD: Who Starts?

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 am

Injuries have forced the Lakers to make some serious adjustments to their starting lineup. While it's most likely that when we're at full strength, the Lakers will run Nash-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard, the question for today is what the lineup should be until then.

Who are LA's five starters until Pau and Nash return?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: LQOTD: Who Starts?

Postby LooN3y on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 am

trodgers wrote:Injuries have forced the Lakers to make some serious adjustments to their starting lineup. While it's most likely that when we're at full strength, the Lakers will run Nash-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard, the question for today is what the lineup should be until then.

ridiculous, is this even a question, screw MDA if he cant adjust his system to a roster, that just shows what kind of caliber coach he is.

you can start the original starting line and make adjustments to the rotatations

just like how PJ did it, how many times did he see Pau and Bynum together? yes you did, but he ran a good odom/pau odom/bynum line up.

and with extreme talent, its a no brainer how to utilize the team. my god it frustrates me

start with the starting lineup, there is too many options to not, either kobe iso, pau gasol or dwight on the block, p&r with how many players? it just ridiculous. i mean god the fast break and quick 3 point should, if its there take it and if its the tempo

MDA forcing any run and gun is just ridiculous, actually run and gun with this time is just ridiculous.

but what can we do, MDA needs to not "some" but alot of half court sets. i like how he said push the ball, but i really hope he meant push the ball in the right way.
LooN3y

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:35 am

Kobe
Meeks
Ebanks
World Peace
Dwight
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby l8kerboi23 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Kobe
Meeks
Ebanks
World Peace
Dwight

Smh...you get your point guard back and you don't use him?!
l8kerboi23

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 am

LooN3y wrote:
trodgers wrote:Injuries have forced the Lakers to make some serious adjustments to their starting lineup. While it's most likely that when we're at full strength, the Lakers will run Nash-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard, the question for today is what the lineup should be until then.

ridiculous, is this even a question, screw MDA if he cant adjust his system to a roster, that just shows what kind of caliber coach he is.

you can start the original starting line and make adjustments to the rotatations

just like how PJ did it, how many times did he see Pau and Bynum together? yes you did, but he ran a good odom/pau odom/bynum line up.

and with extreme talent, its a no brainer how to utilize the team. my god it frustrates me

start with the starting lineup, there is too many options to not, either kobe iso, pau gasol or dwight on the block, p&r with how many players? it just ridiculous. i mean god the fast break and quick 3 point should, if its there take it and if its the tempo

MDA forcing any run and gun is just ridiculous, actually run and gun with this time is just ridiculous.

but what can we do, MDA needs to not "some" but alot of half court sets. i like how he said push the ball, but i really hope he meant push the ball in the right way.

Not sure if you didn't read or what...but this is PRIOR TO Nash and Gasol returning.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:26 am

l8kerboi23 wrote:
Meeks
Ebanks
World Peace
Dwight

Didn't read?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am

Kobe/Duhon
Meeks/DJO
MWP/Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Howard/Sacre

Yes, let's give DJO a chance. He can't be worse than Morris as a SG. He's a better shooter, is waaay faster and more athletic, and is a feisty and quick defender. He's undersized and can't run an offense, but he would be great in the back-up Meeks role. I think we have to shake things up these next 2 weeks without Nash because we're NOT improving at all, even in our win over the Wiz.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I think this lineup is our best bet given what we have to work with

Duhon
Kobe
Artest
Jamison
Howard

The only problem is if Jamison isn't scoring he gives us nothing (actually no that's too nice, he becomes a negative). But this lineup does let us space the floor a little better for Howard with the 1-4 guys all being able to knock down a 3.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 pm

I'm similar to punk, but I'll leave Duhon starting. While I think Duhon would stabilize the bench a little, Meeks' energy and scoring off the bench is really valuable.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm similar to punk, but I'll leave Duhon starting. While I think Duhon would stabilize the bench a little, Meeks' energy and scoring off the bench is really valuable.

My rationale is that we've been sooo sluggish coming out of the gates. I'd like to see a lethal lineup from the start.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby dj vitus on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Well if it's QOTD, and we're playing Sixers, we should try small ball with Duhon, Meeks, Kobe, Metta, and Dwight. And FTLOG, stop playing Kobe so many minutes!!!
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am

Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm similar to punk, but I'll leave Duhon starting. While I think Duhon would stabilize the bench a little, Meeks' energy and scoring off the bench is really valuable.

My rationale is that we've been sooo sluggish coming out of the gates. I'd like to see a lethal lineup from the start.

I think that makes a lot of sense, but at the same time having Meeks off the bench really adds to our energy level. When he's playing well it's a great pick-me-up for the team. And I'd rather rely on Dwight figuring it out and giving us a burst of energy to start the game. He's our young superstar and I know he's not 100%, but I'd like to see him come out hyper aggressive to give the team that boost.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 am

I think that all of the players we've plugged into the starting lineup have had good and bad moments. In particular, Duhon has stood out as the most consistent, and Morris was probably the worst of the bunch.

I'm intrigued to see Meeks in the starting lineup, and against Philly would be a good team to do it. They don't have a legit starting PG on their roster right now and it's Meeks's former team.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 am

therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:

I think that makes a lot of sense, but at the same time having Meeks off the bench really adds to our energy level. When he's playing well it's a great pick-me-up for the team. And I'd rather rely on Dwight figuring it out and giving us a burst of energy to start the game. He's our young superstar and I know he's not 100%, but I'd like to see him come out hyper aggressive to give the team that boost.

True, true. My REAL feeling is that nothing matters until Nash gets back, so let's see some Frankenstein lineups out there. :jam2: :man10:
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 am

trodgers wrote:
l8kerboi23 wrote:
Meeks
Ebanks
World Peace
Dwight

Didn't read?

Didn't read what? What was the question? :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 am

Punk-101 wrote:True, true. My REAL feeling is that nothing matters until Nash gets back, so let's see some Frankenstein lineups out there. :jam2: :man10:

Yeah, I mean for better or worse, Nash is the savior :man10: the rest is pretty much irrelevant.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:
l8kerboi23 wrote:
Meeks
Ebanks
World Peace
Dwight

Didn't read?

Didn't read what? What was the question? :man10:

Who should start. Someone says, "You get your PG back and don't use him?!" but we don't have our PG back. The question is who starts NOW, until the "real" starters return.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 am

Was kidding..... :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 am

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Was kidding..... :man10:

Thought it was obvious. But maybe it wasn't!
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Return to Lakers Discussion