LQOTD: Will Dwight Re-Sign?

Re: LQOTD: Will Dwight Re-Sign?

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Dwight will stay.. it makes the most sense not just now in the long run
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
I'm taking your last response as you would pick the Rockets over the Lakers to win a championship before the other, based on your responses to my question.

are you basing it on where Howard is? Cause if he's not here and in Hou then I'll easily put my money on Hou. W/O Howard we're still over the cap for the next 2 yrs. By the time we can rebuild with any type of contending team it'll be another 3-4yrs process.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 pm

khmrP wrote:are you basing it on where Howard is?

Howard isn't on a team this offseason because he's not signed to a contract, he's a free agent. He has to choose between the Lakers roster/franchise and the Rockets roster/franchise. He has to decide who has a better chance at a ring and that's where he's going to go. This decision doesn't include D12 on either team.

Question - Between the Lakers AND Rockets ONLY, since this is the discussion at hand. Who would you put money down on to win a championship, the Lakers or the Rockets, in the next 3-4 years? Who wins a championship before the other?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DHL on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

i don't even care any more
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah, if we are truly a non-playoff team as currently constructed, then money is the only reason Dwight would stay. To be fair, it is a big reason. But he can get the money and go elsewhere, such as via sign and trade.

If we really are this bad, Dwight won't win a ring with this franchise for the duration of any max contract.
JGC

Postby Phil XI on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^^ Don't forget D12 was reported to be adamantly against the Rockets when they were in trade talks for him.

But they didn't have Harden, Lin and Asik; and were a lotto team. I don't think he'll want to go there, but it's the best competition LA has.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion