Luke was interviewed by Roggin on 1540- here is what he said:
- Luke says he is really excited and didn't know who was going to draft him...so it he was real nervous on draft night.
- He was watching the draft w/ his Dad, brothers, and Richard Jefferson. They all went crazy except his Dad who just sat there smiling.
- Jud Buechler and Steve Kerr told him how much they loved the triangle offense. Luke says that he looks forward to finding cutters in the offense and feeding them.
- Asked if he was in awe of Shaq and Kobe at this point, he responded "Hell Yeah."
- He says his Dad isn't a normal human being...but normal as a Dad.
- Bill stressed making teammates better to Luke and use to throw various quotes at him all the time.
- Was a Celtic fan growing up...he first said the Lakers until Fred pressed him on it. He loved hanging out w/ his Dads teammates like Bird and Ainge.
- PJ told him to really focus on his shot this summer.
- He says he enjoys playing defense and knows how important a part of the game it is.
- - -
Post credit: sean2023