Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:29 pm

one of this team's big problems has been getting players to mesh and fit with eachother. gee which coach does that stuff really well? :freak2:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:55 am

its funny how people are giving heat to Magic, it is embarrassing, cant really bring up the lakers this year with other fans and say "they dont suck"

we do, we know we can potentially be the best, but results wise we suck, sucking real hard (pun intended)
LooN3y

Postby frankrj on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 am

Lakers mgmt desperate attempt to win right away with a non-cohesive, non-athletic and old unit is a bust
They knew Nash was old and can't guard anyone (same as DFish).
They knew D Howard sat out the last 2 months with a serious back injury.
They knew he is not a fast Pick and roll big.
They knew Artest is not as good a defender as 5 yrs and earlier.
They knew Gasol is hard to motivate but they stuck with it all.
All of these guys' stats were on the decline since last year (except KB this yr).
As Kobe said,"We are just old"

Every other playoff team has more athletic and good younger draft talent.
WTF is doing the scouting ?
I think they were thinking OK, get Artest, he is like a Rick Fox, get Jamison he is like..??? nobody really, get Nash he is an old man's CP3, get Dwight he is like Shaq, all mistakes. Meeks is like Sasha.
It just needs to be scrapped altogether. Stop the craziness Jim Buss.
At least the Clips are exciting and playing well.
frankrj

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:51 am

^There is so much wrong with that
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:55 am

frankrj wrote:WTF is doing the scouting ?

Jimmy fired them all remember?

Because scouting is easy, so he hired a bartender and 2 siblings. :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Yep, Jimmy made a big mistake with Nash and MDA. That was fools gold in Phoenix, and now they're too old to boot. As for Artest, he was the right guy for 2010, when he saved our game 7 against Boston. But it was a sacrifice, since he is virtually untradable due to reputation.

It was a big gamble to get Nash, and keep Pau. And unfortunately it didn't pay off. Getting Dwight was smart, since we traded him straight up for Bynum, and thank God we dodged that bullet. But now we should consider flipping him for a couple of athletic guys for the front line, who cost less and have smaller egos.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby frankrj on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Jimbo let Odom go too. Guys come here and just start coasting through games after a while.
Yes, trading Dwight for some athletic guys or high draft picks will be the best thing.
Mgmt hasn't drafted anyone good in how many years? Organizations like this should be rooting up solid talent like the Spurs, Yankees, Patriots or Steelers do. There's no excuse for not getting young promising talent in my opinion. Or keeping them? Shannon Brown. Ariza played a good role and is now with Charlotte or the Bullets
who is MDA? Most Dominant Ever (Shaq?)
frankrj

Postby purp n gold on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 am

I'm still on board with Nash and Dwight, I give kuddos to Jimmy for that. For not having a starting PG and ending up with Nash (even in the tail end of his career) is excellent. Upgrading one of your key players (Bynum) for an even better one is a great move. I take those deals 7 days a week.

But that fateful weekend when Mike Brown was fired (right move) and MDA was hired (wrong move) is what I'm critical of. Jimmy's personal vendetta/power struggle with Phil Jackson may well be the thing that sets this franchise into a talespin. Other than Jim, I can't think of any reason why Phil is NOT the coach of this team.

So lets see now - we have two bigs and probably 3 of the best post players in the league by position. So who do we hire? Not Phil, who's offense can create post-up opportunities with not only our bigs, but with Kobe and Artest as well. Instead we hire MDA, who runs an uptempo 4-and-1 and classifies post-up possessions as "low energy plays". Did I mention we're the 3rd oldest team in the league?

Also - we've just traded for Dwight, who has had "motivation issues" and, to boot, "chemistry issues" with Kobe that date back Beijing in 2008. So who do we hire? The rah-rah, "it's all good" coach who glosses over defensive strategies like they're dinner plans. Who do we leave in the dust? The guy who's nickname is the ZEN MASTER.

And as fans, I know it's easy to turn a blind eye to some of the details - but it's not hard to tell. All photos of Phil were taken down from the Lakers facilities. Ball boys and trainers who were just FRIENDS with Phil where fired. Don't need to rehash what happened to B-Shaw and the rest of the coaches. Keep in mind - this is for a coach who netted you 5 rings and retired on his own will. Not a guy who was fired.

Oh yeah, the other guy is also in with the owner's daughter. :bang:

When I mentioned Jim in this thread, it's strictly about NOT hiring Phil. Everyone and their mother knows that Phil should be coaching this team. Other than Jim, what is the reason why Phil isn't the coach? That's why Magic gets on TV and outright says "I believe in the Lakers, I don't believe in Jim Buss". Hard to argue with him.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Its true what He is saying no matter how much we don't like him saying it
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby mpresev on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

it's just the lakers are different now.. SOmething is missing. The owners are not in the page. So until they fix that drama from the owners, no championship or not even 8 seed lol. :jam2:
"I smoke but do not inhale"
mpresev

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 am

Jim Buss and Magic don't mix. And I can't really blame Magic. So far, the coaching decisions have been terrible. And it all starts at the top.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion