Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I wish people would understand the gripe here..... Magic is very free to say what he wants about this team. Hell he can go on TV and say this is the worst Lakers squad he has ever seen. He gets paid to voice that opinion. However, he is using his status as a former Lakers player to knock down this team when truthfully he hasn't really been associated with the team at all for the past few years. Magic has flip-flopped as if he is an in the trenches Lakers fan which he is not...... he is a businessman and an ESPN/TNT analyst. Thats the beef people have over his comments. Hell 90% of the board would agree with him had he just said, "this Lakers team should be embarrassed for how they are playing this year"
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30566
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby 008 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 pm

I love Magic the player but outside the court, I pretty much can't stand him when he speaks. However, I agree with him 1000%. This Lakers squad is straight embarrassing. Good god, look at the scoreboard! Bobcats are stomping us by almost 20!

What a freakin nightmare of a season.
008

 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:13 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Congo Cash on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Magic is bipolar... He changes his mind every 2 seconds, and as an analyst he is horrible... He pretends to be neutral, but his antics says otherwise... Why does the other legends don't throw the Lakers under the bus?

Besides, the Lakers has been embarrassing all year, why complain just now?
- insert signature here -
User avatar
Congo Cash

 
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Shut up, Ervin.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5555
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby theforumblue on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:38 pm

embarrassed to be a former laker? wow. last straw in my book. no better than shaq.
theforumblue

 
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Enforcer on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I'd probably feel the same if I were him.

All the anti-Magic hate is just...ugh. He might be the most important Laker of all time so all the hate you guys are giving him is just plain ignorant.
User avatar
Enforcer

 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 am
Location: The internets

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Enforcer wrote:I'd probably feel the same if I were him.

All the anti-Magic hate is just...ugh. He might be the most important Laker of all time so all the hate you guys are giving him is just plain ignorant.


The hell something he's done 30 years ago has anything to do with his repulsive behavior ever since?

Had he done this behind closed doors, in a private conversation... no one here would have a problem. Had Barkley said something along the lines: "...if I were a former Lakers player, I'd be embarrassed to be associated with that organization..." we'd laugh and ridicule him, but would still let it go.

The best analogy for some confused posters here I can come up with is - consider you having an argument with your wife. It's perfectly fine to talk things over, and to even have a heated finger pointing fight. As long as it's civil, allows a conversation and comes from wanting to resolve stuff - all is good.

The moment you or your wife get out onto the lawn and scream insults or start throwing clothes from the window - it's over.

Being in a relationship comes with certain responsibilities. Not airing your displeasure in public (or taking your dirty laundry for the entire world to see) is one of them.

Johnson has disregarded that responsibility so many time...
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5555
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby shaq_hater on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm

this magic johnson guy talking as if he is squeeky clean
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
User avatar
shaq_hater

 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby dodgers33089 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I gotta say, the Lakers have a horrible fan base full of babies. Yuck
"I guess for Truthers the great thing about Google is that it abolishes context automatically, thus saving their precious reserves of stupid for more important tasks."

Image
User avatar
dodgers33089

 
Posts: 6248
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: San Bernardino

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Enforcer wrote:I'd probably feel the same if I were him.

All the anti-Magic hate is just...ugh. He might be the most important Laker of all time so all the hate you guys are giving him is just plain ignorant.


It's ignorant to not appreciate the flip-flop of Magic? So what he is one of the greatest of all time. That doesn't mean he is above criticism.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30566
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 pm

How can you be embarrassed to be part of a Franchise that has won as many Titles as this Franchise over the past 30 years?

Goodness, folks really do reveal themselves when things arent going as well as they hoped they would go.
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Losing to the C's really pissed off Magic. As it did with every Laker fan. Including me.
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10252
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby gcclaker on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Basing on last night's game, yes I understand how frustrating it is for him to see last night's desultory loss and to our hated rivals no less. I felt the same way on Memorial Day in 1985 with a healthy and veteran team Laker team. People in glass houses...
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15200
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Weezy wrote:And if we win a few games he'll be all smiles and talking about how the Lakers are back on track and have turned a corner, that's just Magic, he's almost a fan the same way we are.


yup this...consider him a normal fan..we have different ways to vent. It's Boston so he's especially pissed. It's probably Larry needling him somewhere :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7826
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby dj vitus on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, well, if we beat OKC and Brooklyn one week, then proceed to take a dump at TD Garden, it's gonna make a lot of people bi-polar. :man10:

I can't imagine what Magic would say if we beat Miami on Sunday, then lose to Phoenix at home. :man10:

But in reality, it's all part of the game. Some games you just don't have it and you lose by 27. Used to happen to some of the most dominant teams of all time (esp in the PLAYOFFS, no less). Just bounce back and win the next game. A win is a win is a win.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:17 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I wish people would understand the gripe here..... Magic is very free to say what he wants about this team. Hell he can go on TV and say this is the worst Lakers squad he has ever seen. He gets paid to voice that opinion. However, he is using his status as a former Lakers player to knock down this team when truthfully he hasn't really been associated with the team at all for the past few years. Magic has flip-flopped as if he is an in the trenches Lakers fan which he is not...... he is a businessman and an ESPN/TNT analyst. Thats the beef people have over his comments. Hell 90% of the board would agree with him had he just said, "this Lakers team should be embarrassed for how they are playing this year"


I understand all this, but at the same time I feel like at his core Magic is a Laker, in his heart and always there deep down. He might have financial interests in other places, he might actually be from Michigan, he might be paid to talk all NBA games/teams, but at his core he is always a Laker, always a fan living and dying inside like us. He flip flops like we do, he just does it with a muuuuch bigger audience.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Magic running his mouth. Insecure that Nash is about to pass him on the All time Lakers list very soon. Just 26 away
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm

The Rock wrote:Magic running his mouth. Insecure that Nash is about to pass him on the All time Lakers list very soon. Just 26 away


I REALLY don't think Magic is insecure about that, Nash didn't do most of it as a Laker, and Magic accomplished all he did in only 12 seasons. Had he been able to play 15, 16, 17 who knows how many seasons his numbers would have been insane. Everyone knows that, everyone knows how great he was.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby lakerzkb8 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Some things are better left unsaid. What he said is disrespectful to Jerry Buss after everything the Lakers organization did for him. One game.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
User avatar
lakerzkb8

 
Posts: 13950
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: Canadaland

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Weezy wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I wish people would understand the gripe here..... Magic is very free to say what he wants about this team. Hell he can go on TV and say this is the worst Lakers squad he has ever seen. He gets paid to voice that opinion. However, he is using his status as a former Lakers player to knock down this team when truthfully he hasn't really been associated with the team at all for the past few years. Magic has flip-flopped as if he is an in the trenches Lakers fan which he is not...... he is a businessman and an ESPN/TNT analyst. Thats the beef people have over his comments. Hell 90% of the board would agree with him had he just said, "this Lakers team should be embarrassed for how they are playing this year"


I understand all this, but at the same time I feel like at his core Magic is a Laker, in his heart and always there deep down. He might have financial interests in other places, he might actually be from Michigan, he might be paid to talk all NBA games/teams, but at his core he is always a Laker, always a fan living and dying inside like us. He flip flops like we do, he just does it with a muuuuch bigger audience.


I get that but he isn't just a regular fan. I don't expect him to be a homer but to disrespect the team regardless of what they are playing like is wrong.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30566
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Well yeah he probably went a little too far in what he said, but that's Magic, always going to the extreme.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby gcclaker on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:Magic running his mouth. Insecure that Nash is about to pass him on the All time Lakers list very soon. Just 26 away


I REALLY don't think Magic is insecure about that, Nash didn't do most of it as a Laker, and Magic accomplished all he did in only 12 seasons. Had he been able to play 15, 16, 17 who knows how many seasons his numbers would have been insane. Everyone knows that, everyone knows how great he was.

The BOLDED part...
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15200
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby MC on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:58 am

Preach on Magic..... preach on

I don't always agree with the man but can't blame him for this latest rant....... it's not just about the Celtics game, it's about the dysfunction overall that has lead to outings like the other night.

I'm not embarrassed to be a fan of the Lakers overall but I'm certainly embarrassed over the last 2 seasons and it all starts from the FO working it's way down to coaching............ I can't be embarrassed of the players when I think they are misused and mis coached right out the gates, that would be giving the obvious issue, Daddy and his son, somewhere to hide.

The Dallas Cowboys under Jones is a perfect example of how Ego can destroy a long standing franchise known for winning........... that is now starting to happen here it seems with the silver spooned horse pro and his daddy seemingly taking more and more control of basketball operations. Hiring the right coach for the roster is just as important as the roster itself.....this buffoon has shown just how good he is and what he knows about the game of basketball with his decision making skills in that regard.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby Lakers_323 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:43 am

I felt like making a tweeter account just to bash the **** outta this clown. I use to respect Magic as a player, but I have no respect for him anymore.

(Before season) Lakers are contenders wooooo!
(Slow start) They will turn it around.
(During a losing streak) They won't make the playoffs
(During a mini win streak) They are back! They will make the playoffs!
(Now) Disgrace!

God! Stfu Magic! Focus on the Dodgers you clown! Or did you forget you and your team will be under the microscope this year?? It's World Series or bust! Maybe you forgot that all that money you spent last year on a bunch of **** contracts from the red sox didn't get you to the playoffs? And you spent even more money this year!

If the Dodgers start off slow, Jim Buss... I mean Magic better get ready to see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot.
User avatar
Lakers_323

 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Magic: "Im embarrassed to be associated with Lakers"

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 am

Magic just wants Kobe to retire without ring #6 as a Laker. If Kobe gets #6 Magic's place as the all time greatest Laker is in jeopardy.
cthroatgtr

 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: so cal

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.