Magic Is Going Off On Twitter

Magic Is Going Off On Twitter

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm tired of blaming the coach, the responsibility is on the @Lakers players.

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

.@DwightHoward has to stop complaining and start dominating on offense....@PauGasol has to stop playing soft and get back to 18pts & 10rebs!

@KobeBryant is having a an MVP type season but the team needs him to be a better leader...@SteveNash scoring more and throwing more assists will help the @Lakers!

.@MettaWorldPeace has to stop making great quotes and start playing great defense...@JMeeks20 has to start making better shot selections.

The @Lakers big men have to stop giving up easy offensive rebounds...the perimeter players have to start getting back on defense to stop the fast breaks of their opponents!

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Magic Is Going Off On Twitter

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Magic > D'Antoni

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Magic :man10:

Well he's not wrong on most of those. A little harsh, but he's right. I think he's wrong about Metta though, Metta has been fantastic this season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby vaheblings on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm

He's ripping the Lakers a new A-Hole! I love it!!
vaheblings

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

.@DwightHoward has to stop complaining and start dominating on offense....@PauGasol has to stop playing soft and get back to 18pts & 10rebs!

got to be featured to get those type of numbers and dominate on an offensive end

@KobeBryant is having a an MVP type season but the team needs him to be a better leader...@SteveNash scoring more and throwing more assists will help the @Lakers!

agreed here

.@MettaWorldPeace has to stop making great quotes and start playing great defense...@JMeeks20 has to start making better shot selections.

agreed here for the most part

The @Lakers big men have to stop giving up easy offensive rebounds...the perimeter players have to start getting back on defense to stop the fast breaks of their opponents!

hard for perimeter players to get back from the far corners after a long jumper is jacked up or a turnover is created

that is the system and the situations it creates when you don't have the right pieces to do it.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Coach D'Antoni has to start teaching better pick & roll defense and better defensive rotations...He also has to make sure that every @Lakers players role is defined.

Above everything else the @Lakers players need to start having fun on the court!
Kobe8Fan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm

40 min Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson
I'm tired of blaming the coach, the responsibility is on the @Lakers players.

42 min Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson
Good article by @LATimes columnist T.J. Simers on @Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni yesterday!

His account has been hacked by Texas Lakers Fan
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Is Magic allowed around the locker room anymore? :man10:

Why doesn't he just go to them and tell them all of this himself. He holds a tremendous amount of respect around the organization. Go there and tell them yourself man... It'd hold more weight that way.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I hate Twitter with all of my being.
OX1947

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 pm

OX1947 wrote:I hate Twitter with all of my being.

:man10:

Can't say that I am a fan of it either.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Twitter is better than going to ESPN for news an hour after it's happened.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby borri on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
OX1947 wrote:I hate Twitter with all of my being.

:man10:

Can't say that I am a fan of it either.
borri

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 pm

well what ever he says is his opinion and grown men have to deal with that. the good part about it is that it proves magic still loves the Lakers and wants to see them do well no matter how he shows it.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm

keep goin, Magic...we're all tired of watching this crap
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 pm

I LOVED Magic as a player. I haven't been a fan of his since he left ownership, but I think he's dead on. I'm stunned, by the way, to hear him celebrating Kobe. That's not his usual tune.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

trodgers wrote:I LOVED Magic as a player. I haven't been a fan of his since he left ownership, but I think he's dead on. I'm stunned, by the way, to hear him celebrating Kobe. That's not his usual tune.

well he did tell him to be a better leader
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby ElginTheGreat on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
trodgers wrote:I LOVED Magic as a player. I haven't been a fan of his since he left ownership, but I think he's dead on. I'm stunned, by the way, to hear him celebrating Kobe. That's not his usual tune.

Well, while I think he is getting way too much of the blame for this team's woes, I do think Kobe can be a better leader. Particularly when it comes to lighting a fire under Pau. One thing that is rarely discussed is how Kobe and Pau have always seemed to have a bond from minute one.
ElginTheGreat

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

And I agree with him. Kobe's leadership method isn't working on this team. Something has to give. Someone has to change the way they're doing things from a managment perspective. I'm not going to say Kobe needs to change the way he plays, but maybe the way he approaches his teammates...

then again I've advocated that Kobe won't change at this point in his career :man10: so maybe we need to do this another way.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Thats sweet of Magic to try to take the blame off D'Antoni...

Bill Simmons (who I actually like despite his anti-laker leanings) has been saying it over and over when he's playing analyst for espn with Magic; D'Antoni doesnt even seem like he's coaching this team.

Those of you defending D'Antoni, I recommend watching his post game interviews (I know its hard to keep watching after these losses) and see what this guy is saying.

He seems to have no connection to the team. Sometimes it seems like he either isnt even watching the same game, or thinks that if he just plays dumb, no one else will notice.

Yes we have multiple problems with this team, but based on what I'm seeing they all seem to start at the top.
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 pm

I don't think Kobe's leadership is the problem.. A couple games in when Dwight cried to the media that Kobe was being too vocal & yelling at people too much.. Dwight asking Kobe to accept mediocrity.. Dwight needs to play with that same fire Kobe has & his touches will skyrocket if the team sees him playing with that heart.
lakersin4

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:28 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

Well, while I think he is getting way too much of the blame for this team's woes, I do think Kobe can be a better leader. Particularly when it comes to lighting a fire under Pau. One thing that is rarely discussed is how Kobe and Pau have always seemed to have a bond from minute one.

i dont think anything or anyone can light a fire under Pau...that's all on him...what kind of professional pride does one have to 'need' a fire lit under them...after sucking butt for the last 2-3 years
pound4pound1

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

And I agree with him. Kobe's leadership method isn't working on this team. Something has to give. Someone has to change the way they're doing things from a managment perspective. I'm not going to say Kobe needs to change the way he plays, but maybe the way he approaches his teammates...

then again I've advocated that Kobe won't change at this point in his career :man10: so maybe we need to do this another way.

well, he better find a way to change...the 'bad cop' act is helping this team spiral deeper out of the playoff picture

if you read Kobe's comments on FB and now, Twitter, you can see that he's been very reflective...maybe when we're 10 games below .500, he can reflect on his leadership approach and make that change...

he made it known that he's the Alpha...its his show...he's gotta find a way to fix things because we dont have the coaching staff to do that
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 pm

I agree with most of what he said, though I don't think 18 and 10 is realistic for Pau with how he's being used and I think MWP has been playing great defense already.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Magic's right for the most part. Nothing else to say at this point. The players need to take responsibility and get it together. I'll continue to support but, man, it has been difficult watching us lose the way we have been...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
well, he better find a way to change...the 'bad cop' act is helping this team spiral deeper out of the playoff picture

if you read Kobe's comments on FB and now, Twitter, you can see that he's been very reflective...maybe when we're 10 games below .500, he can reflect on his leadership approach and make that change...

he made it known that he's the Alpha...its his show...he's gotta find a way to fix things because we dont have the coaching staff to do that

We need guys like Nash to bridge the gap like Odom and Fisher used to do. We don't have that. We don't have the continuity.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion