Mark Jackson On Kobe's Injury

Mark Jackson On Kobe's Injury

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 52m

Mark Jackson said he wished he called timeout after Kobe hit free throws

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status ... 6117660674

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 51m

Warriors coach Mark Jackson said he regretted not calling timeout after Kobe tore his Achilles. Mark said he had no idea Kobe was that hurt

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status ... 1270853632
Kobe8Fan

Re: Mark Jackson On Kobe's Injury

Postby sister golden hair on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Mark Jackson has done a nice job with GS, but, jeezus, that guy is full of himself.
sister golden hair

Postby GNC on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 pm

sister golden hair wrote:Mark Jackson has done a nice job with GS, but, jeezus, that guy is full of himself.

I am fairly certain Mark Jackson was one of the few media heads who was a big supporter of Kobe. So not sure why he is "full of himself".
GNC

Postby sister golden hair on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 pm

GNC wrote:
sister golden hair wrote:Mark Jackson has done a nice job with GS, but, jeezus, that guy is full of himself.

I am fairly certain Mark Jackson was one of the few media heads who was a big supporter of Kobe. So not sure why he is "full of himself".

Nothing against Kobe per se. But MJ seems to take himself a bit too seriously. Watch some youtube videos of him since he's become GS's coach: he acts as if he's doing God's work. He's a basketball coach. Period.
sister golden hair

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:39 pm

sister golden hair wrote:
GNC wrote:

Nothing against Kobe per se. But MJ seems to take himself a bit too seriously. Watch some youtube videos of him since he's become GS's coach: he acts as if he's doing God's work. He's a basketball coach. Period.

Share some of these videos and point them out, because I'm not following what you're saying.
XXIV

Postby Center Court on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

XXIV wrote:
sister golden hair wrote:
GNC wrote:

Share some of these videos and point them out, because I'm not following what you're saying.

Yeah, please explain.

He actually is on record saying Kobe WOULD be better than MJ when it was all said and done. He's given the Lakers nothing but praise.
Center Court

Postby bnr034 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm

"Hand Down Man Down"
"Mama There Goes That Man...1on1 allow me to have ths dance"
-Mark Jackson
bnr034

Postby 432J on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm

jackson was always a kobe supporter when he was a broadcaster from what i remember

and it's clear that he still has tons of respect for him now too
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 am

I guess it was the same God that day as when he cheated on his wife .

Anyways , I can't stand hearing a NBA player/coach invoking God when it comes to his career success :

" God is good , it was God's plan ect" ... the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] God has to do with ballin
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 am

I guess it was the same God that day as when he cheated on his wife .

Anyways , I can't stand hearing a NBA player/coach invoking God when it comes to his career success :

" God is good , it was God's plan ect" ... the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] God has to do with ballin
wcsoldier81

Postby MC on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 am

bnr034 wrote:"Hand Down Man Down"
"Mama There Goes That Man...1on1 allow me to have ths dance"
-Mark Jackson

I miss MJ on TV ...... always thought he was pretty creative with his approach and lines....

2 of my favorites right there........... I say it all the time when I catch a young pup guarding me with those hands low lol............... hand Down man Down !!!! lmfao love it!
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby kblo247 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:49 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I guess it was the same God that day as when he cheated on his wife .

Ha the son of a preacher. He grew up being preached to. He has every right to believe and say what he wants long as he disrespects no one. And at the end of the day, he's just saying if he knew, lets face it Kobe's the first to rupture an Achilles and force himself to stand and walk on his own sheer will, he would've taken a time out over having LA foul so Kobe could exit the game and be acknleodged, he respects Kobe that much
kblo247

Postby Toklat on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 am

Mark Jackson is one of the down to earth good guys. He is one of the few ex-players that doesn't automatically hate on the Lakers out of jealousy.
Toklat

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:35 am

I don't see anything wrong with Mark. If using God helps him and his coaching so be it.
BadCoaching

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:24 am

Wait, what did he say wrong?

Nobody knew the extent of Kobe's injury. He walked out and took his free throws, and made them.

Lakers were planning to foul, and that's the right play. Mark was just being courteous is saying that he would've called a T/O, but it's not his teams job to do so.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 am

I like Mark Jackson. Would've loved to see him replace Phil. Brings leadership and toughness. Can handle the LA spotlight, would've been worthy of coaching the Lakers.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 am

Besides one strange response...

I like Mark Jackson a lot. He's always respected Kobe and he strikes me as a good guy. He's doing a GREAT job up in the Bay area and I wish him the best.

He probably should have called a timeout, but that's okay. No one is upset that he didn't.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 am

The timeout thing never came in my mind until MJ stated it, I'm sure most of us were more worried about Kobe.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 am

XXIV wrote:The timeout thing never came in my mind until MJ stated it, I'm sure most of us were more worried about Kobe.

Yeah I mean it would have been a great show of respect, but we weren't expecting that and neither was anybody else. No one is upset about it and I don't think he should really worry about it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:32 am

Jackson comes across as a stand-up guy even if he is prone to hyperbole. With his "calling a time-out for 24" I took it more as a sign of respect and caring more about a player [a warrior I might add] since he used to be one. As for his opinion on the Lakers, anyone remember when the Rockets took the 2009 squad to seven? He said he was "done with picking them" which at the time was warranted. Jackson's alright in my book. He's no Stacey King, Heinsohn, Brent Barry or that Smith guy that sits with Lawler.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 pm

gcclaker wrote:Jackson comes across as a stand-up guy even if he is prone to hyperbole. With his "calling a time-out for 24" I took it more as a sign of respect and caring more about a player [a warrior I might add] since he used to be one. As for his opinion on the Lakers, anyone remember when the Rockets took the 2009 squad to seven? He said he was "done with picking them" which at the time was warranted. Jackson's alright in my book. He's no Stacey King, Heinsohn, Brent Barry or that Smith guy that sits with Lawler.

^^ Really well said, GCC. Totally agree with you. Not sure why someone would critique Mark Jackson for saying what he did when it is clearly out of respect and concern for Kobe. I don't see what this has to do with ego. That said, I don't think he could realistically tell at the time how hurt Kobe was - none of us did, except maybe Kobe. He still walked up under his own power and hit those free throws. Dude is unbelievable. Not human.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Grown man move from Mark Jackson.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LakerFan1235 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 am

Well, if you really think about it, why would mark take a time out if Kobe decided to take the free throws? Taking the free throws indicates that you plan to continue playing.

In conclusion Kobe is a badass and mark Jackson is showing respect by going out of his way to make the comment.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby LakerFan1235 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 am

Well, if you really think about it, why would mark take a time out if Kobe decided to take the free throws? Taking the free throws indicates that you plan to continue playing.

In conclusion Kobe is a badass and mark Jackson is showing respect by going out of his way to make the comment.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:57 am

wcsoldier81

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion