media

media

Postby diehard on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Okay if this gets locked...probably just venting anyway

but I can't stand the media :bang:

Case in point, just watching Kenny "The Bum" Smith on NBATV and he was going on about how people will see this as Dwight couldn't handle the bright lights of being a Lakers franchise player...

Then he says he doesn't see it that way. He sees it as a better style of play - um, Houston was very up tempo last year and was jumpshot crazy

Then he was criticizing the Lakers for never developing a style of play which is why they didn't make the playoffs last year - um, am I missing something?

Earlier today a lady on ESPN said that Kobe wouldn't return from his ACL until February :man3:
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Re: media

Postby OX1947 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:43 pm

The sewage in journalism started with Wilbon and Cornhole show PTI. This was the birth of putting writers on tv. Writers are writers for a reason. Most of them, especially in sports, are guys who can hide behind a moniker and spew things without a face. Most writers are like dorks in high school who couldnt show their faces or personality because they had none. Now, when you put them on tv and give them celebrity, their heads get big and now they think they are the big man on campus. When in actuality they are still the insecure, uninformed nerd they were before.
OX1947

Postby Finwë on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:48 pm

^^ I'm extremely annoyed by the media too. The faux sources, the weak reports, the back and forth, not admitting you made the mistake and not the player and blaming him... Their agendas, the way they twist everything to fit what they want to see happen or believed. It's pathetic.
But people are also to blame too. This wouldn't have any weight or would straight up not happen if people weren't so easily misled/convinced and didn't rely so much on what ESPN or any other outlet has to say.. People should form their own opinions, based on their own knowledge and values, and just use TV / twitter to watch the freaking games / get extra (statistical for example) info
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby charvin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Last year, it was imminent, this year, it's "sources". You could tell everyone just wanted to be the first source to report it so they could claim "We told you so".
charvin

Return to Lakers Discussion