Meet Phil Jackson!

Meet Phil Jackson!

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed May 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Phil Jackson
Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success

Author Event
During his storied career as head coach of the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, Phil Jackson won more championships than any coach in the history of professional sports. Meet Phil Jackson tonight when he visits to sign Eleven Rings.

Monday June 03, 2013 7:00 PM

The Grove at Farmers Market

189 The Grove Drive Suite K 30, Los Angeles, CA 90036, 323-525-0270

Special Instructions
This is a wristbanded event. Wristbands will be available at B&N at The Grove after 9:00 am on 6/3 with the purchase of Eleven Rings. No book limit. Photos from the signing line, only. Mr. Jackson is only signing Eleven Rings. No previous books or memorabilia, please. 323.525.0270 with questions.

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/79632
Kobe8Fan

Re: Meet Phil Jackson!

Postby OX1947 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Christ, is this what it has come too? All those millions made and titles and fame, to sit in a book store and sign your name to a bunch of people.
OX1947

Postby revgen on Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

OX1947 wrote:Christ, is this what it has come too? All those millions made and titles and fame, to sit in a book store and sign your name to a bunch of people.

Why not?

It gives him something to do. And he seems to enjoy it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby S.R.05 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm

OX1947 wrote:Christ, is this what it has come too? All those millions made and titles and fame, to sit in a book store and sign your name to a bunch of people.

get paid to make an appearance, promote his book, and sign some books for a couple hours tops for adoring fans

sounds terrible
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm debating whether or not to make the 2 1/2 hour drive up from San Diego to do this.... I really wish you didn't have to buy the book again for him to sign it. Why can't we use the Eleven Rings we've already bought??
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 pm

He can sign my iPad.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby OX1947 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I'm debating whether or not to make the 2 1/2 hour drive up from San Diego to do this.... I really wish you didn't have to buy the book again for him to sign it. Why can't we use the Eleven Rings we've already bought??

My point exactly in my first post in this thread. I guess some didnt get it like you did.
OX1947

Postby MadMax on Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 am

OX1947 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:I'm debating whether or not to make the 2 1/2 hour drive up from San Diego to do this.... I really wish you didn't have to buy the book again for him to sign it. Why can't we use the Eleven Rings we've already bought??

My point exactly in my first post in this thread. I guess some didnt get it like you did.

You mentioned nothing about having to BUY the book at that store to get him to sign it. You made it seem like he was pathetic for just having a book signing. I don't see how that was your "point exactly" when you made no mention of it whatsoever.

I get Battle Tested's point though...pretty lame that he's not able to just sign the book you already own, but I don't think that is his choice to make. Probably the bookstore's way of raking in cash.
MadMax

Postby OX1947 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 am

MadMax wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

You mentioned nothing about having to BUY the book at that store to get him to sign it. You made it seem like he was pathetic for just having a book signing. I don't see how that was your "point exactly" when you made no mention of it whatsoever.

I get Battle Tested's point though...pretty lame that he's not able to just sign the book you already own, but I don't think that is his choice to make. Probably the bookstore's way of raking in cash.

So.
OX1947

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 am

MadMax wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I don't either. I think it has something to do with the company or bookstore he's signing at wants his business so they can make more money.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Return to Lakers Discussion