Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:18 am

therealdeal wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Well to start, if Lebron wins another ring, he's not leaving Miami plain & simple.. I don't care if we sign Melo AND Paul George, & get them to take paycuts so Bron can still get the Max.. You don't leave a team you just had a 3peat with & made it to the finals 4 years in a row.. If Miami wins, I think the only chance of Lebron leaving is some freak injury ending Bosh or Wade's career or something crazy like that..
I agree, but I see them threepeating as LESS likely than Carmelo and LeBron teaming up here. They looked exhausted THIS time around. Unless Wade juices up the entire season, they're not winning the East this year. I'm calling it now.


Who do you see winning in the East? I don't think a healthy Granger is enough to give the Pacers the edge.. They've made some solid moves & have shown great poise by not dealing Granger for lower impact players without the injury risk. I just don't think they did anything that will make them better than Miami, & I don't think Wade will decline enough to cost Mia that badly.. I think he'll continue declining, but they'll look to Bosh & the role players to step up & get it done.

The Nets make things interesting.. They're kind of like us before last season started.. On paper, you can't really argue against them being the best team in the league.. I'm not willing to crown them until we see how they fit, I made that mistake thinking Nash & D12 would be the most deadly P&R combo since Stockton & Malone.. The Knicks & Bulls are probably the only other real threats.. Unless you thing Bargs can become a beast in NY or Amare can somehow figure out how to play with Melo (& stay healthy) they aren't beating the Heat. & as much as I hate to say it, I'm not confident in Rose ever being able to string together a healthy season while he's still in his athletic prime.

therealdeal wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:To your next point.. I don't think we get Kobe & Gasol to agree to contracts until after we're done in free agency.. We renounce their rights & tell them, we're going to go get as many stars as we can, & you guys are free to decide how to split the remaining cap room between you. Just making it known to the media & players we're going after that they're going to come back for whatever is left will be enough, we'll sign them last..
I agree with this. It's been one of my main points as a positive.

Per the rest of your point: barring some sort of unforeseen disaster in Indiana, Paul isn't leaving.


We'll have to agree to disagree here.. I think the combo of the Pacers not being able to get out of the East, not being willing to go pay taxes, & PG being a LA kid who idolizes Kobe & dreamed about being a Laker could create the perfect storm for us.. No, it's not likely.. But I think it's more of a possibility than Lebron becoming a Laker.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 am

May have a better shot at Lebron in Summer 2015 ... I doubt he leaves Miami even if they don't win it all next season ... it's not like going 4 times in the Finals in a row /threepeating has been achieved a lot in this league .

However , if the Heat failed to retool for the 2014-2015 season , Wade keeps declining and Miami doesn't win it all in 2015 either , I definetely think Lebron would be gone ... assuming he doesn't opt out and sign a longer contract with Miami in the 2014 Summer ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Center Court on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 am

Obviously they are the top 2 targets, but IMO, we're going to make something happen wioth George... IF he has the balls to not exend now and become a restricted FA.

Would Indiana match a MAX offer, yeah, probably, but again, IF he forced Indiana's hand and told them he doesn't want to be there then I guess there is a shot. Maybe we could offer Indiana a TPE for a S&T which allows Pacers flexibility and a piece to bring in some other really good player.

It's all just (if not more of) a longshot as LeBron coming here but it's fun to think about.

However, there is a ton of amazing reasons for him to prefer to stay in Indy. Great coach, top 3 center, good young squad, Larry Bird in the mix, etc.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Cleansed on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am

Nashty Gal wrote:ugh I hate that the lakers are even considering lebron.


^ This!!

It's like i'm in bizarro land. When did Laker fans...start openly desiring Lebron? Have i been that tuned out that this is what has become of Laker fans...that they want Lebron James in a Lakers jersey?! Saying that publicly is embarrassing.

What the hell is going on? I'd literally stop watching the Lakers during that time period in order to feel spiritually clean. My God....if the Lakers org pulled out a campaign with posters for Lebron with words like "please" or "we want you"...man..that would be it. The "last album" for me.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
User avatar
Cleansed

 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 am

lakersin4 wrote:
Who do you see winning in the East? I don't think a healthy Granger is enough to give the Pacers the edge.. They've made some solid moves & have shown great poise by not dealing Granger for lower impact players without the injury risk. I just don't think they did anything that will make them better than Miami, & I don't think Wade will decline enough to cost Mia that badly.. I think he'll continue declining, but they'll look to Bosh & the role players to step up & get it done.

I see the East being won by someone other than the Heat, probably the Bulls or the Pacers. Miami is coming off of 3 straight Finals trips and they needed 7 games in the last two series they played. One against a team with no offense and one against a team that was dependent on their geriatric core; and coming from a supporter of a Kobe/Gasol core, that ought to tell you how old the Spurs are/looked. The Heat almost lost to basically Kawahi and Green who were the driving forces behind the Spurs success for 2 out of the 3 games they won.

Getting back to the Finals a 4th year in a row is a feat not accomplished in the NBA since the Celtics did it way back when. I don't see it happening now. They already looked exhausted, the season is going to wear them out. They'll lose in the 2nd or 3rd Round.

lakersin4 wrote:The Nets make things interesting.. They're kind of like us before last season started.. On paper, you can't really argue against them being the best team in the league.. I'm not willing to crown them until we see how they fit, I made that mistake thinking Nash & D12 would be the most deadly P&R combo since Stockton & Malone.. The Knicks & Bulls are probably the only other real threats.. Unless you thing Bargs can become a beast in NY or Amare can somehow figure out how to play with Melo (& stay healthy) they aren't beating the Heat. & as much as I hate to say it, I'm not confident in Rose ever being able to string together a healthy season while he's still in his athletic prime.
I see the Knicks struggling a lot more this season than last actually. The chemistry they had intermittently last season will struggle as they miss J.R. Smith and try to incorporate another shooter who doesn't play defense in Bargnani. They'll win a good amount of games because they're a decent team in the East, but I'm not sure they have a great season.

The Nets, if they stay healthy, will do fine. Definitely top 4 in the East (again if they stay healthy). The key will be finding a way to keep Pierce effective with less shots because his defense is terrible and he's used to volume scoring. They'll have to find a balance.

Again, it's probably Chicago or Indiana out of the East next season.

lakersin4 wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree here.. I think the combo of the Pacers not being able to get out of the East, not being willing to go pay taxes, & PG being a LA kid who idolizes Kobe & dreamed about being a Laker could create the perfect storm for us.. No, it's not likely.. But I think it's more of a possibility than Lebron becoming a Laker.
No way. Sorry, but there's no chance here. The Pacers are going to do what they have to do to keep Paul and since he's a RFA anyway, they'll just match whatever the Lakers through at him even if the Lakers tried to get him. There's no way Indiana lets a star go when their franchise has suffered for years without a real star. LeBron is at least a FA and is able to pick his own destination. Miami can offer the largest contract, but they can't force him to stay.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby charvin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:46 am

Most importantly, the Heat were able to land defensive wings that could shoot the open 3. That may be the only part that scares me because as you can see, the track record of the Lakers as of late isn't all that great in attracting defensive wings that can shoot.

We attracted Kaman, Farmar, and Johnson, but those names don't come close to the 'star power' of the likes of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Chris Andersen et al. Of course, I'm just a bit unrealistic, I want the Lakers to be able to attract talent like that for veteran's minimum if they're able to assemble the next Big 3.

therealdeal wrote:
charvin wrote:I'm not on that side of the argument, but I'll provide a point for them so as to play devil's advocate. You still need the FO to put together good role players to surround them, which you can't afford if we sign 4 players on the starting line-up to take up the entire salary. You are then left with MLE/mini-MLE and veteran's minimum salary and from that, you have to hope that anyone chasing a ring is willing to do what they're doing now in Miami and come play for those types of salaries.

The pro I would take out of it is that the Lakers have a more serviceable center in Gasol over Bosh. The Heat have always gotten past this weakness simply because their speed covers it, but we've seen over and over in the playoffs that a good center will destroy them ala Hibbert.


Well first of all, the Heat haven't had a problem with that at all. :man10:

And second of all, with Young already on a player option, if he holds that card until the Lakers make their other moves, he can be our 6th man.

On TOP of that we just attracted Kaman, Farmar, and Wesley Johnson WITHOUT a real chance at a title. Last season we attracted Antawn Jamison with a chance at the title. Do you really think we'd have any trouble filling out the roster?
charvin

 
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 am

charvin wrote:Most importantly, the Heat were able to land defensive wings that could shoot the open 3. That may be the only part that scares me because as you can see, the track record of the Lakers as of late isn't all that great in attracting defensive wings that can shoot.

We attracted Kaman, Farmar, and Johnson, but those names don't come close to the 'star power' of the likes of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Chris Andersen et al. Of course, I'm just a bit unrealistic, I want the Lakers to be able to attract talent like that for veteran's minimum if they're able to assemble the next Big 3.

I see what you're saying and it's a legitimate argument, my only point is that Miami was able to handle it without too much problem and we're the Lakers. We'll always attract FAs and we'll attract even more when we're good.

Defense 3 point shooters? I'd say that's what Wesley Johnson is. Ray Allen is obviously a great pickup, but I wouldn't consider him a great defender anymore. In fact besides Battier (dirtiest player in the NBA now), they don't have any real "defensive" wings that can shoot the 3. They've just got shooters. And we can find shooters. It's Miami's defensive schemes (which are derivatives of D'Antoni's trapping system but used more effectively) that make them a good defensive team.

Rashard Lewis was an awful pickup by the way :man10: Just garbage.

Chris Andersons come a dime a dozen and I think we could find that easily in LA.

The biggest problem to the Lakers assembling a team like that is the first domino falling. Someone has to take the first step. Miami started when they acquired Bosh first. Then LeBron came. Then all the other pieces fit in around them. I think something similar would have to happen here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:07 am

I still think LeBron will not leave the Heat.... he's barely erased the "decision" fiasco and I'm sure team LeBron knows the damage another PR nightmare could cause.

As for them not going to 4 straight finals.... The competition in front of them is very weak and has more question marks than they do. If one of the big 3 get injured all bets are off... but that team is pretty far ahead of the rest of the league and they won last year hitting on just 6 out of 8 cylinders in the playoffs. Wade was essentially negated in the playoffs because of his knee. If he's fully healthy next year they will be very difficult to beat. I also think they know that they probably have one year left before it gets broken up in some way.... so it's kind of a now or never scenario as well.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:52 am

Well, the biggest thing for Miami will be the luxury tax hit.

If they continue to operate as is into 2014, they will be hit with the repeater tax. If one of those players don't take the player option, then they will most likely trade one of those players and that'll be the end.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby charvin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 pm

What should be the first domino to fall? The coach gone or someone signing? We've been discussing who the targets are, but the coach still remains to be in his final year of the contract.

therealdeal wrote:
charvin wrote:Most importantly, the Heat were able to land defensive wings that could shoot the open 3. That may be the only part that scares me because as you can see, the track record of the Lakers as of late isn't all that great in attracting defensive wings that can shoot.

We attracted Kaman, Farmar, and Johnson, but those names don't come close to the 'star power' of the likes of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Chris Andersen et al. Of course, I'm just a bit unrealistic, I want the Lakers to be able to attract talent like that for veteran's minimum if they're able to assemble the next Big 3.

I see what you're saying and it's a legitimate argument, my only point is that Miami was able to handle it without too much problem and we're the Lakers. We'll always attract FAs and we'll attract even more when we're good.

Defense 3 point shooters? I'd say that's what Wesley Johnson is. Ray Allen is obviously a great pickup, but I wouldn't consider him a great defender anymore. In fact besides Battier (dirtiest player in the NBA now), they don't have any real "defensive" wings that can shoot the 3. They've just got shooters. And we can find shooters. It's Miami's defensive schemes (which are derivatives of D'Antoni's trapping system but used more effectively) that make them a good defensive team.

Rashard Lewis was an awful pickup by the way :man10: Just garbage.

Chris Andersons come a dime a dozen and I think we could find that easily in LA.

The biggest problem to the Lakers assembling a team like that is the first domino falling. Someone has to take the first step. Miami started when they acquired Bosh first. Then LeBron came. Then all the other pieces fit in around them. I think something similar would have to happen here.
charvin

 
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm

charvin wrote:What should be the first domino to fall? The coach gone or someone signing? We've been discussing who the targets are, but the coach still remains to be in his final year of the contract.


I think the first domino will be to include Phil officially in some capacity. Whether it's as "Executive Consultant" or some other such title, his inclusion will help sooth players' minds about Jim Buss being in charge.

Then you probably fire D'Antoni and bring in a real coach if that's something the players want to do.

Then the first super significant domino is Carmelo Anthony. Once he's on board, you're looking at Kobe, Gasol, and Carmelo Antony to go along with Phil in some capacity, Nick Young can exercise his option, and suddenly that team looks like one of the better players in the West. Add in LeBron and it's an instant contender, even he'd have to see that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Rooscooter wrote:I still think LeBron will not leave the Heat.... he's barely erased the "decision" fiasco and I'm sure team LeBron knows the damage another PR nightmare could cause.

As for them not going to 4 straight finals.... The competition in front of them is very weak and has more question marks than they do. If one of the big 3 get injured all bets are off... but that team is pretty far ahead of the rest of the league and they won last year hitting on just 6 out of 8 cylinders in the playoffs. Wade was essentially negated in the playoffs because of his knee. If he's fully healthy next year they will be very difficult to beat. I also think they know that they probably have one year left before it gets broken up in some way.... so it's kind of a now or never scenario as well.

I don't know.. When it's all said & done, rings are the #1 thing anyone brings up.. I would think he cares more about winning as many rings as he can than he does about about backlash from leaving fanbases behind.. If anything, winning these 2 rings & being the goldenboy again showed him that winning cures everything & people will forgive him & follow him as long as he keeps winning. Hopefully we're able to land Melo or Paul George to convince Lebron that this is the best place to up his ringcount. If he wins 2 or 3 in Miami & then wins another 4 or 5 as a Laker, noone is going to care about some disappointed fans.. I'm fine with Lebron building his legacy here, as I think Kobe has enough left in the tank to get 3 or 4 more rings & cement himself as the greatest Laker of all time..
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:41 pm

At the end of the day, if he ended up with more rings than Kobe BECAUSE he was a Laker, I could care less.

Some Kobe fans would disagree, but I'm a Laker fan first.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 pm

shoe wrote:^ You don't want the best player in the NBA on the Lakers? :man3:


UGH HELL NO! I want to beat him.

this whole lakers targeting lebron crap and everyone here considering it gives me a migraine
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Juronimo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Carmelo, ehh, the thought of him being the #1 guy isn't all that appealing. I just don't think he's a winner and he's overrated. Lebron is not leaving the heat, no way.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Center Court on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:30 pm

^^^ agreed LeBron is not leaving the Heat. Just like PG is not leaving Indiana, Wall is going to re-up in Wash, and DC is gonna get maxed by Sacramento's new ownership.

This offseason that leaves Melo as the sole superstar available this summer. So unless we want to have an even worse 2015, then he's our best best.

Ideally, Wall, Cousins, George would all be unrestricted and we could sign all 3 ala Miami's big three. But that is not reality.

It could have been Dwight/Pau/Melo/Kobe/Nash then mini rebuild to Dwight/Melo/Rondo the following year. Instead, we are Pau/Melo/Kobe/Nash
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:03 pm

It's really hard to land a free agent superstar. The new CBA allows his current team to sign them for more, which makes them in reality more of an RFA. If we put too much weight on a FA signing to put us back into contention, I see us going the way of the current Mavs.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:10 pm

People said LeBron wouldn't leave Cleveland either. Not saying he will either, but if you make him an offer as great as the one Miami did, I can't see him just passing it up out of some new-found sense of "loyalty".

As for the Lakers being the Mavs... No. :man10: It just won't happen. The Lakers have too much draw and we're not run by Cuban who doesn't really know how to hit home-runs the way Mitch does.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Amoray on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Didn't Kobe say plant your tree in one franchise and let it grow? the message was directed to Labron James, saying stay where you are we do not need you here. Watch between now and next summar Kobe will throw bad words towards LBJ to annoyed him and forget LAL.
Amoray

 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Amoray wrote:Didn't Kobe say plant your tree in one franchise and let it grow? the message was directed to Labron James, saying stay where you are we do not need you here. Watch between now and next summar Kobe will throw bad words towards LBJ to annoyed him and forget LAL.

Why would that be directed at LeBron? He was speaking directly to Dwight.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Lebron isn't going to stay in Miami forever if this team failed to win more titles ... next summer is very unlikely , 2015 Summer ? Possible ... I doubt the Heat will get rid of Wade as they should , and it's going to bite them in the arse
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby Center Court on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Lebron isn't going to stay in Miami forever if this team failed to win more titles ... next summer is very unlikely , 2015 Summer ? Possible ... I doubt the Heat will get rid of Wade as they should , and it's going to bite them in the arse


I guess you forget that he hasn't been in Miami "forever". SInce being in Miami he's won 2 rings and 3 straight finals. That's equal to championship Kobe's resume without Shaq and he's got another 7 great years left.

Miami is probably the most desirable location to live as an athlete, on par wit LA. He's got a great owner, and all time great president, and their vision is committed to Bron. They will also have big money to spend soon to re-tool around him.

People need to get this idea of LeBron as a Laker out of their heads. I want it more than anything. I lose my mind thinking about a Bron/Melo duo going forward. I drool at the thought that we could sign Pau adn kobe back for less and strut a Pau/Bron/Melo/Kobe/Nash starting 5. But I'd say it's a 10 percent chance we get Bron.

At this point, I am not sure what we offer that Miami doesn't. MELO is the guy that can and will be ours.

I sure hope I'm wrong that Bron is only going to meet with u out of courtesy, but I think that's what it will come down to.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Yahoo! already has an article about how Laker fans hound Paul George to come back home. Too bad Indy will match any offer.
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:10 am

Center Court wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Lebron isn't going to stay in Miami forever if this team failed to win more titles ... next summer is very unlikely , 2015 Summer ? Possible ... I doubt the Heat will get rid of Wade as they should , and it's going to bite them in the arse


I guess you forget that he hasn't been in Miami "forever". SInce being in Miami he's won 2 rings and 3 straight finals. That's equal to championship Kobe's resume without Shaq and he's got another 7 great years left.

Miami is probably the most desirable location to live as an athlete, on par wit LA. He's got a great owner, and all time great president, and their vision is committed to Bron. They will also have big money to spend soon to re-tool around him.

People need to get this idea of LeBron as a Laker out of their heads. I want it more than anything. I lose my mind thinking about a Bron/Melo duo going forward. I drool at the thought that we could sign Pau adn kobe back for less and strut a Pau/Bron/Melo/Kobe/Nash starting 5. But I'd say it's a 10 percent chance we get Bron.

At this point, I am not sure what we offer that Miami doesn't. MELO is the guy that can and will be ours.

I sure hope I'm wrong that Bron is only going to meet with u out of courtesy, but I think that's what it will come down to.


I'm not saying I believe Lebron is going to be a Laker , I'm just throwing a possible case scenario out there ... a lot depends on what Lebron/Wade/Bosh are going to do with their opt out clauses.

I definetely agree with your point , as of now there is no reason for him to leave the current situation in Miami and become a Laker .... the future/direction of our franchise is a big question mark
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Melo AND Bron are Laker targets in 2014 (Ramona pg. 10)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:52 am

I don't know how many times I've had to say this, but there's plenty of time before next summer. If Miami struggles and Wade dissolves like he should any day now, why should LeBron stay in Miami for the prime of his career? To play with a bunch of run down vets and Bosh?

If the Lakers can build the team they're dreaming of, it is not crazy to think LeBron wouldn't look at Los Angeles. It's the best city to play in (outside of maybe New York), it's the best organization to play for, and if they sign Carmelo and re-sign Kobe/Gasol with enough room for LeBron to sign, then how could anyone just dismiss that team without thinking about it? Doesn't make sense.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.