MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion (p.141: Metta Starring in Film)

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 am

That has his worst game in a long time. He is now our primary ball handler and facilitator.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:41 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:^Just to add onto that...

METTA WORLD PEACE STARRING IN A LIFETIME MOVIE WRITTEN BY NANCY GRACE. THIS IS NOT MAD LIBS.
10/24/2012

“Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I’ve prepared this rap song as my final argument. *ahem* …”

Metta World Peace [formerly Ron Artest] is starring in a Lifetime Movie written by Nancy Grace. Yes, you read that correctly. World Peace– oh screw it, he’s not Muhammad Ali — Artest told Dave and Jeff on XX Sports Radio in San Diego yesterday:

“I met Nancy Grace on the set of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ and … she really liked the way that I was acting on the show, which is acting kind of silly. But I’m a pretty decent actor and she just picked me for the part. I was like, ‘Wow.’ There was no way I was turning it down.” [SportsRadioInterviews via Deadspin]

Well sure, you might expect a guy named “Metta World Peace” to babble about something like this, just as you might expect him to wear a cheeseburger on his head and complain to a mailbox that his underwear keeps telling him to kill the president, but the surprising part is, it’s all basically true. Nancy Grace is producing a Lifetime film that airs next month, which, sadly, isn’t called Too Fat To Kill or Crock Pot Wife Killer. It’s called The Eleventh Victim, and though it’s actually not being written by Nancy Grace, it is based on a novel by Nancy Grace. Oh yes, Nancy Grace wrote a novel.

As a young psychology student, Hailey Dean’s world explodes when Will, her fianc, [sic] is murdered just weeks before their wedding. Reeling, she fights back the only way she knows how: In court, prosecuting violent crime…putting away the bad guys one rapist, doper, and killer at a time.

Welcome to the retarded circus mirror that is Nancy Grace’s life refracted through the mind of Nancy Grace. Playing the part of “Hailey?” Jennie Garth from 90210, of course. “Hailey Dean was the best prosecutor in town, and so pretty, everyone said, farting rose petals and prancing through the snow like a pony….”

But dedicating her life to justice takes a toll after years of courtroom battles and the endless tide of victims calling out from crime scene photos and autopsy tables. Just as she grows truly weary, a serial killer unlike any other she’s encountered begins to stalk the city of Atlanta, targeting young prostitutes, each horrific murder bearing his own unique mark. This courtroom battle will be her last.

Hailey heads for Manhattan to pick up the pieces of the life she had before Will’s murder, training as a therapist. In a vibrant new world, she finally leaves her ghosts behind. But then her own clients are brutally murdered one by one by a copycat using the same M.O. as the Atlanta killer she hunted down years before. As the body count rises across Manhattan, Hailey is forced to match wits not only against a killer, but the famed NYPD.

Unless she returns to her former life and solves the case, still more innocent people will die at the hands of a killer who plans to get her, before she can get him! [Amazon]

Wow, you couldn’t write that. I mean, you couldn’t write the part where Nancy Grace wrote a self-flattering supermarket mcnovel and got Ron Artest to star in it because they were both on Dancing with the Stars, that is. Not the actual novel, you could definitely write that. A one-eyed lemur with Down Syndrome could write that novel, if it lacked the self-awareness.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/10/metta-world-peace-starring-in-a-lifetime-movie-written-by-nancy-grace-this-is-not-mad-libs

Metta Did Really Well In This! Better Than I Had Expected Well Done Ron Ron!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby kray28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

After really getting my hopes up in the preseason, Ron played pretty poorly.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 am

He'll play better. That's a certainty. He played about as poorly as he could have last night.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Another great game with outstanding making decisions by Metta
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Dumber by the minute
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Batum was running circles around him. SMH

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Seriously, he needs to be put on the bench; he doesn't create the spacing we need on the floor, clumsily dribbles around handing out turnovers, couldn't guard Batum tonight; he's a wreck. We need an NBA caliber SF, please...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 pm

He should be fined every time he tries to push the ball on fast breaks.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 am

He provides none of the spacing we need? The guy went 2-3 from outside and 4-5 in all.

10/3/2/1/1 on the night. His main problem is the same problem as the entire team: turnovers. He has to take care of the ball.

But if you're going to criticize him, do it right. He shot the ball just fine last night.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 am

^No, he doesn't provide the spacing on a CONSISTENT basis. He also had 6 turnovers. He's got a good fit next to Nash. He's a streaky shooter; he'll shoot 4-5 one night and completely brick shot in another game.

This is Metta; He's a great defender, streaky shooter, can post up, but some other things, he just doesn't do well. As I said earlier, he's better suited for the bench, if we had another SF NBA Caliber Starter...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 am

It's been TWO GAMES since we've seen this physically new World Peace.

TWO. GAMES.

How can any of us know if he's going to be consistent in ANYTHING? In the optimistic thread you said Meeks can ball... we barely saw him at all last night, how can we know if it's consistent or not?

Patience. Metta World Peace played okay last night. He did some things well and he did some things poorly. If you want to criticize his defense or his turnovers fine, but he shot the ball great. We haven't seen much of him as a spacer in this offense anyway. We haven't seen much of him catching and shooting in the corner, so how can we say he's not a good spacer?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:25 am

MWP did not play well last night. He made several seriously boneheaded plays, and then lost Batum on several key sequences on screens.

Toward the end of the game he started playing harder and with more intensity....but he needed to do that all game.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 am

Everyone knows that's the best way to get rid of Artest: screens. Over and over again. If he's got you one on one, you're in trouble.

But all it takes is one or two screens and he's long gone because he's too wide to get around them easily.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:32 am

I've seen Metta enough over the years to know what he's good at and what's he's not; he's a bench player. He was one last year and he's one this year. The ONLY reason why he's is starting is because he's being backed up by a third year SF who is still developing. That's it.

Meeks can ball. Additionally, Meeks has proven over the course of his career that he can flat out shoot the ball. He's going to be fine coming in and spotting up because he's proven that over the course of his career.

However, back to Metta, he's not a good spacer. He's going to shoot average from the three-point line, give you defense, and hopefully he doesn't try to take anybody off the dribble. Patience with Metta? I wish we'd trade him now.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am

Okay.

Well no offense, but you've got a clear bias against him. He's a different player now than he was at any point last season, that much is clear. If you're going to judge him based off of last season then you might as well throw Gasol away too.

He's a career 34% three point shooter and frankly that was drawn down because of his terrible season last year. He's more than capable of shooting the 3 ball for this team. If you want him gone, that's your deal. I don't. He's still a warrior, he's still a hard worker, and he's still going to come through for this team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:44 am

^I like Ron. Quite frankly, I would love him to be on our bench at this stage in his career. That's it. I have no doubt he will come through but let it be off the bench; hell, you could bring him in the 4th quarter if you wanted to close out the games.

Anyways, I'm done debating this. Metta is what he is...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Too many turnovers. Somebody needs to get him some tapes of Rodman on the Bulls. Rebound and play defense. Don't touch the ball, if it comes to you pass it right away.
Whatthef?

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Whatthef? wrote:Too many turnovers. Somebody needs to get him some tapes of Rodman on the Bulls. Rebound and play defense. Don't touch the ball, if it comes to you pass it right away.

Too bad he doesn't excel at rebounding and playing defense, especially this stage in his career, to just play like Rodman.

Rodman excelled tremendously in these two aspects that he didn't need to score. Ron is not like that, he better contribute in every way.
LakersFanInCali

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm

hes been playing pretty bad since the finger injury...cant be a coincidence. I think he's trying to do too much and it just ends horribly. He shot well last night but for playing that many mins hes got to do more...and that many turnovers isnt acceptable for a guy who shouldnt be handling the ball.

play D, shoot the 3, and rebound. That's your job...dont try some fancy dribble move, get in the lane somehow, and throw it away or take some faded off balance shot that misses terribly and ends in a fast break for the other team as you trail the entire play.

seriously hope the preseason metta shows up bc we were all very impressed and excited for that metta and want him every game. especially now that were really struggling on D and Dwight isnt 100%...Metta has to focus more on D than ever before. Our offense is fine with him doing nothing but shoot the open 3.

He helps too much imo...so far ive seen him leave his guy at the corner 3 and go all the way to the paint and then have to run all the way back to the corner 3 as he gives up a wide open 3. Just stick to your man (their best player who isnt a big man) and harass him all game. thats it.
Ariza3

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Should've been amnestied.
Frank Dux

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

regression to the mean. guy still moves awkward as hell. tries to do way too much ball handling.

was the preseason a tease? hope not.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Thenextgreat on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 pm

This is one guy that doesn't seem to understand his role...I look at Peace now and wonder how we won a championship with this guy ... he tries to do way to much...get the rebound and give it up Metta...smh
Thenextgreat

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:29 pm

If your defending Ron, just flop and you'll most likely get the call in your favor. At least half of his turnovers were the result of Batum flopping on contact.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion