Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:Time to fire this man

No it's not.

maybe but then make the trade.....thats my point....just do something
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:Time to fire this man

No it's not.

maybe but then make the trade.....thats my point....just do something

Not maybe. Brown was given a full season (technically), D'Atoni will be too.

Make a trade, sure, but there'll be a different trade arena closer to the deadline. If I were Mitch I'd seriously do what I could to get Gay out of Memphis and in a Laker uniform.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:Time to fire this man

No it's not.

maybe but then make the trade.....thats my point....just do something

Not maybe. Brown was given a full season (technically), D'Atoni will be too.

Make a trade, sure, but there'll be a different trade arena closer to the deadline. If I were Mitch I'd seriously do what I could to get Gay out of Memphis and in a Laker uniform.


Even after a full season I'm not sure it will happen.

Let say hypothetically (fingers crossed it doesnt happen) we miss playoffs this year after all of management/ownership's chest thumping in the offseason about wanting to win right now...

After the way we let Brown go, I just dont see Jimmy/Jerry admitting that the decision was wrong and flipping that quick. It the same as any other business. If people are constantly getting fired, the real problem is usually higher up. Either in terms of managing your employees, or poor hiring decisions to begin with.

My prediction is we get d'Antoni back next year as well.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm

^ that's what I meant. D'Antoni is going to get his shot at a full season with a full training camp and *God willing* a healthier team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:Time to fire this man

No it's not.

maybe but then make the trade.....thats my point....just do something

Not maybe. Brown was given a full season (technically), D'Atoni will be too.

Make a trade, sure, but there'll be a different trade arena closer to the deadline. If I were Mitch I'd seriously do what I could to get Gay out of Memphis and in a Laker uniform.


ok they will give him full season, I agree but i dont think he is coach who is capable to lead teams to championships....we will see
with the bold thing I agree 100%...Gay would be fantastic with this team, young and fast SF who can shoot and run like crazy.....thats what we need in this moment....i dont care about losing Gasol, he is finished as a NBA player.
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Whoa I never said that. Gasol is not finished in the NBA, he's just not what he used to be. He can still be a premier big man in the NBA today if he's more of a focal point and he's in a situation that's willing to cater to his needs (hello Minnesota).

I don't know if D'Antoni can lead a team to a Championship either, but he's better than most of the coaches who were available and cheaper than the ones he isn't better than.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:Whoa I never said that. Gasol is not finished in the NBA, he's just not what he used to be. He can still be a premier big man in the NBA today if he's more of a focal point and he's in a situation that's willing to cater to his needs (hello Minnesota).

I don't know if D'Antoni can lead a team to a Championship either, but he's better than most of the coaches who were available and cheaper than the ones he isn't better than.

Who sad thats your opinion, thats my opinion that he is finished....about MDA, you cant win championship without defensive effort and that would never be the case. Lets see is he capable to make this team better on defensive end.
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm

lakerswiz wrote:You keep saying Mike Brown was given a full season as if we weren't 1st in our division last season and made it to the second round of the playoffs to lose to the eventual Western Conference champions.

He wasn't 'given' a full season. He was given 5 games. Last season doesn't matter. Especially when we were winning.

Mike Dan Tony is what, 10-14? 10-15? At this point?

And he deserves a full season with that sorta record simply because Mike Brown was 'given' a full season last year? :man10:

Mike Dan Tony is the worst coach in the NBA.


I agree with a lot of what you'rs saying, and maybe even that he deserves to be canned if we miss playoffs REGARDLESS of how much time he was given...

but do you really think management will see it that way? Firing a coach 5 games in, then firing his replacement in the offseason really makes THEM PERSONALLY look bad.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm

There is one man.....B-Shaw....I think he would be great for this team but thats just me
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby 432J on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm

they're obviously not gonna fire dan tony during the season and have to pay 3 head coaches at the same time
:man10:
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:You keep saying Mike Brown was given a full season as if we weren't 1st in our division last season and made it to the second round of the playoffs to lose to the eventual Western Conference champions.

He wasn't 'given' a full season. He was given 5 games. Last season doesn't matter. Especially when we were winning.

Mike Dan Tony is what, 10-14? 10-15? At this point?

And he deserves a full season with that sorta record simply because Mike Brown was 'given' a full season last year? :man10:

Mike Dan Tony is the worst coach in the NBA.


I agree with a lot of what you'rs saying, and maybe even that he deserves to be canned if we miss playoffs REGARDLESS of how much time he was given...

but do you really think management will see it that way? Firing a coach 5 games in, then firing his replacement in the offseason really makes THEM PERSONALLY look bad.

This. I never said I agreed that he deserves another chance, just that he'll get one. If I said I agreed he'd deserve another chance, I mis-spoke.

The franchise will not make themselves out to be fools of their own decisions. He's staying whether you like it or not. And no he's not the worst coach in the NBA and if he was it was to replace the worst coach in the NBA in Mike Brown. I understand your defense of him before when he was blamed for a lot of things that maybe weren't his fault, but to defend him now makes no sense at all.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Whoa I never said that. Gasol is not finished in the NBA, he's just not what he used to be. He can still be a premier big man in the NBA today if he's more of a focal point and he's in a situation that's willing to cater to his needs (hello Minnesota).

I don't know if D'Antoni can lead a team to a Championship either, but he's better than most of the coaches who were available and cheaper than the ones he isn't better than.

Who sad thats your opinion, thats my opinion that he is finished....about MDA, you cant win championship without defensive effort and that would never be the case. Lets see is he capable to make this team better on defensive end.

Relax, I was just stating my opinion as well.

He won't make the players better on the defensive end, we know that. So it's up to the players to put the onus on themselves.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby hustle71 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

I believe that most on here are being too hard on Mike D. It is very difficult to coach a team with some players not being happy and others just not putting out consistent effort. Hence, the different line-ups and what may appear to be odd substitution patterns. You think you have things worked out and then players don't show up mentally prepared to play for a few games and you end up going another direction. I have coached high school b-ball since 1982 and coaching is not easy even at that level. Imagine coaching high priced ego driven players. I think we will start seeing more Hill (aka A.C. Green) and Clark in line-ups. I have been a huge supporter of Gasol but have decided in my mind that he should come off the bench. I haven't seen enough of Clark to really form a solid opinion but he sure played well last night. Every team benefits from having a Hill in the line-up. I would lean toward starting Clark as he looks like he could provide some good defense which as we all know is where we need the help the most. Major minutes for Gasol and Hill off the bench. Our defensive scheme is not difficult to figure out. Funnel the offense toward Dwight and shut off passing lanes below Dwight when he steps up to help (quick, sagging, high energy D). It can be done but it is much harder for a point guard penetrating to stop and pass back out toward the top of the key. A fast moving defense can recover from that kind of pass and live with the results. Forcing the pass back out we may give up some open shots but we have cut out most close in shots or dunks and should be able to control the defensive boards. Building success on defense is what will get us back our confidence and help build team chemistry. Before long we will be talking championship again!
hustle71

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:51 pm

^^^He should of either said it or said nothing.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19453
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm

lakerswiz wrote:https://twitter.com/mcten/status/290959410577170433

Mike D'Antoni on Kobe's off-ball defense: "Umm, it’s good … You know. I think sometimes he just … You know … Umm … Yeah, it’s good."


People still out there thinking this dude doesn't deserve to be fired? This wasn't him fumbling on a question. It was him being a coward as always. Don't wanna hurt Kobe's feelings.

And if it wasn't that, then he is just a stupid m*********** and it only strengthens my point more.


@KamBrothers

The smile on D'Antoni's face when he decided to lie / deflect about Kobe's off-ball D was priceless. So wish I had been shooting video.


It's obvious he was acknowledging Kobe's bad defense he just didn't want to give the media another quote to run with. Just because he doesn't blast Kobe in the media about it doesn't mean he hasn't brought it up with him.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby dak22 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^He should of either said it or said nothing.


Either way still elicits the same response:

He says it: Kobe stans go nuts and say he is an idiot for calling out the most productive player on the team. In addition, they complain he is destroying team chemistry and that he should have kept it behind close doors.

He says nothing: Everyone then says he's a doofus for not acknowledging the situation.

In short, pringles was screwed regardless of what he says.
dak22

 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 pm

dak22 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^He should of either said it or said nothing.


Either way still elicits the same response:

He says it: Kobe stans go nuts and say he is an idiot for calling out the most productive player on the team. In addition, they complain he is destroying team chemistry and that he should have kept it behind close doors.

He says nothing: Everyone then says he's a doofus for not acknowledging the situation.

In short, pringles was screwed regardless of what he says.


"Dan Tony" and Jim Buss haters will find anyway they can to criticize them when they open their mouth. No point of arguing with them
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

I think he would have been safe telling the truth on this one.

Now he sounds like he's trying to sell us on the sky not being blue. :man5:
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
dak22 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^He should of either said it or said nothing.


Either way still elicits the same response:

He says it: Kobe stans go nuts and say he is an idiot for calling out the most productive player on the team. In addition, they complain he is destroying team chemistry and that he should have kept it behind close doors.

He says nothing: Everyone then says he's a doofus for not acknowledging the situation.

In short, pringles was screwed regardless of what he says.


"Dan Tony" and Jim Buss haters will find anyway they can to criticize them when they open their mouth. No point of arguing with them


Since you want to give others advice...how about taking one as well...stop sipping from the Brown Sack and maybe people will start taking you seriously. We're formulating our critiques on Lakers (in the here and now) and you, out of all people, seem to have a problem with it...now how does that saying go: the pot calling the kettle a sack?
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13012
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Lmao! Kobe's "off" the ball defense has been atrocious for years now! D'Antoni... smh...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
dak22 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^He should of either said it or said nothing.


Either way still elicits the same response:

He says it: Kobe stans go nuts and say he is an idiot for calling out the most productive player on the team. In addition, they complain he is destroying team chemistry and that he should have kept it behind close doors.

He says nothing: Everyone then says he's a doofus for not acknowledging the situation.

In short, pringles was screwed regardless of what he says.


"Dan Tony" and Jim Buss haters will find anyway they can to criticize them when they open their mouth. No point of arguing with them


Since you want to give others advice...how about taking one as well...stop sipping from the Brown Sack and maybe people will start taking you seriously. We're formulating our critiques on Lakers (in the here and now) and you, out of all people, seem to have a problem with it...now how does that saying go: the pot calling the kettle a sack?


I literally have no idea what you're trying to say here
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 am

lakerswiz wrote:https://twitter.com/mcten/status/290959410577170433

Mike D'Antoni on Kobe's off-ball defense: "Umm, it’s good … You know. I think sometimes he just … You know … Umm … Yeah, it’s good."


People still out there thinking this dude doesn't deserve to be fired? This wasn't him fumbling on a question. It was him being a coward as always. Don't wanna hurt Kobe's feelings.

And if it wasn't that, then he is just a stupid m*********** and it only strengthens my point more.


LOL! I wish I would have seen that response. Hilarious. I like MDA, too. Nevertheless, he could have handled that a lot better and gave a better response. I know he has a lot of respect for Kobe; but that's no reason to deny the fact that his defense has been suspect (I'm being nice) this year.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Armani on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 am

Lol, the response is hilarious. :man10:

People here are too mad to take a joke, I guess.

He was in a tough position... no one criticizes Kobe. He's like a God figure in LA. So he just implied it instead. 'Course he knows Kobe can't D off ball, or he wouldn't have changed the D strategy so that Kobe guards the ball handler instead.
Image
User avatar
Armani

 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:https://twitter.com/mcten/status/290959410577170433

Mike D'Antoni on Kobe's off-ball defense: "Umm, it’s good … You know. I think sometimes he just … You know … Umm … Yeah, it’s good."


People still out there thinking this dude doesn't deserve to be fired? This wasn't him fumbling on a question. It was him being a coward as always. Don't wanna hurt Kobe's feelings.

And if it wasn't that, then he is just a stupid m*********** and it only strengthens my point more.


@KamBrothers

The smile on D'Antoni's face when he decided to lie / deflect about Kobe's off-ball D was priceless. So wish I had been shooting video.


It's obvious he was acknowledging Kobe's bad defense he just didn't want to give the media another quote to run with. Just because he doesn't blast Kobe in the media about it doesn't mean he hasn't brought it up with him.

It's obvious because of the way Kobe has played defense this season, right?

Our coach is actually out there doing his job. We can tell by the way our players our responding to his coaching and stepping up their efforts on defense before the fans on the internet start the narrative that Kobe is being a lazy piece of crap on defense. It started online, it hit ESPN and now it's found our way to the coach. Seeing this process has been hilarious. Kobe is literally going to be playing better defense because of all the Laker fans online complaining about his defense. That's how good our coach is.


Your ego is hilarious, makes me laugh how you make all these matter of fact statements even though you're just as clueless as the rest of us.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 pm

MDA has to do better in his rotation, at least of the starters (Kobe, Nash, Dwight) must be in the game at all times, as soon as all the 5 bench unit came in, the lead goes down.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5563
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.