Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 am

He's back tracking big time...but hey, you see it your way and I see it mine.

You want to give him props for lip service, then again props should go to you. Till I see something...anything...pan out from what this guy has said, then I'm not buying anything he's selling. Till we start averaging 115-120, I guess "we need to talk" then...cause right now, there's nothing any D'Antoni proponent can say that can convince me he was the right man for the job.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 am

He isn't the right guy for the job... but 90% of the coaches in the league aren't. This team needs an elite coach to get it back on track. An average coach won't do. This shouldn't have been the case at all, though. Any average coach should've been able to take this team deep into the playoffs. We now know there are major flaws on this roster, no matter what.
Armani

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:40 am

"hes made it clear he wants to start so duh, hes gonna start"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am

He isn't the right guy for the job... but 90% of the coaches in the league aren't. This team needs an elite coach to get it back on track. An average coach won't do. This shouldn't have been the case at all, though. Any average coach should've been able to take this team deep into the playoffs. We now know there are major flaws on this roster, no matter what.

Mike Dantoni is wrong for any job and I question the sanity of anyone that feels otherwise because the guy is plain and simpleone of the worst coaches in NBA history who after his gimicky offense stopped taking people by surprise he was exposed to be the joke that he is but our FO felt nostalgic and wanted to reinvent showtime and we failed..miserably
ojdidit123

Postby blinkme28 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Frustrating to see MDA call a timeout and look speechless with his hands on his waste. Such a waste if a salary.
blinkme28

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm

ojdidit123 wrote:

Mike Dantoni is wrong for any job and I question the sanity of anyone that feels otherwise because the guy is plain and simpleone of the worst coaches in NBA history who after his gimicky offense stopped taking people by surprise he was exposed to be the joke that he is but our FO felt nostalgic and wanted to reinvent showtime and we failed..miserably

No, he did fine in Phoenix. He's not good, and not bad either. The fault lies with our personnel.
Armani

Postby phoenixrisingla on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Armani wrote:
ojdidit123 wrote:

No, he did fine in Phoenix. He's not good, and not bad either. The fault lies with our personnel.

He did a good job for Phoenix Sun expectations. With a prime double MVP Nash.

I wont take all blame off the players, but the core of our problems start with MDA imo.

PS - Those "fine" seasons he had in Phx? We call those Failures in Lakerland.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

No he did fine in Phoenix with everybody tailor made to play his brand of Basketball with shooters, youth and fire power on the bench, Nash in his prime etc. They still never won anything and only got close once with MDA and today and since Phoenix if everyone on the team isn't tailor made for his brand of basketball the teams haven't been successful and he refuses to adapt. The guy doesn't call plays he just wants the ball to find a rhythm and on top of all that he doesn't coach defense! He is a joke and the front office were idiots for hiring him in the first place and expecting anything less than failure because that is all MDA ever does is fail..
ojdidit123

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Our FO, Jerry and Jimmy are the blame. How can they NOT see that:

1. Our PG and SG are older than dirt.
2. D12 can't shoot so can't do PnR.
3. Pau is a shell of himself.
4. Zero shooters outside of Nash.
5. Zero athletes besides D12

Yet, they want to institute a showtime type of offense. Really, I really really don't get it.
borri

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 pm

ojdidit123 wrote:

No he did fine in Phoenix with everybody tailor made to play his brand of Basketball with shooters, youth and fire power on the bench, Nash in his prime etc. They still never won anything and only got close once with MDA and today and since Phoenix if everyone on the team isn't tailor made for his brand of basketball the teams haven't been successful and he refuses to adapt. The guy doesn't call plays he just wants the ball to find a rhythm and on top of all that he doesn't coach defense! He is a joke and the front office were idiots for hiring him in the first place and expecting anything less than failure because that is all MDA ever does is fail..

Then why isn't this roster tailored? Blame the management, not him. He has a vision that he wants to run this team in, and our owner decided to get him specifically.

That doesn't make him a joke. He's not defensive minded, so he's flawed. He can still get you wins in the regular season. Sorry, I am not seeing the argument. There's no reason this team's playing sub 500 ball in the regular season and losing to crap teams like the Toronto Raptors. There are many coaches that aren't willing to change their system completely. MDA still tries different rotations and gives everyone a chance, unlike Mike Brown.

We've just been spoilt by Phil, basically, and are now stuck with an average coach. We can rely on good coaching to get a 50+ win ball club to contender level... but a 17-22 team? Come on. The personnel just isn' there.
Armani

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

There is no defense because the MDA philosophy is a high scoring team doesn't need any. He knows he doesn't have the roster to do what he wants and score those points. You'd think he'd try to sandbag himself and install a damn defense. Nope. He's just another egomaniac who won't adapt. Stick this up your rear end Jim Buss you screwed the pooch again. That's 2 stiffs for HC so far in 2 seasons. When the public starts voting with their wallets you will feel it soon.
Uncle_Meat

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

We should have started Clark. Why MDA started Gasol, I have no idea. They don't fit. Dwight needs space in the paint & so does Pau; bring Pau off the bench. Unfortunately, we needed to go with more Gasol because of Dwight's ejection; but I certainly hope in the future MDA gets starts Clark...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby venky on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 pm

All I'll say is Jerry and Jim deserve this. You reap what you sow.
venky

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:55 pm

who is jodie meeks
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

mda isn't the guy for the job, but given his changes in recent weeks to the lineup, rotations, etc, i don't think he's the biggest issue. though i don't know why he continues to play duhon.

nonethless, i'd like to see him put more emphasis and punishing teams with the post up. either kobe, pau, or dwight. we're not consistent with it and therefore end up settling for jumper after jumper.

time for him to check his ego and re-priortize the offense. i don't know that there's much he can do with the defense, but hoping that less jumpers means less run-outs. that would be a start
Pig Miller

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm

D'antoni should be ejected instead of Dwight, he deserved it, crazyness to the limit... :man2:
BuzzerBeater

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:We should have started Clark. Why MDA started Gasol, I have no idea. They don't fit. Dwight needs space in the paint & so does Pau; bring Pau off the bench. Unfortunately, we needed to go with more Gasol because of Dwight's ejection; but I certainly hope in the future MDA gets starts Clark...

If they bench Pau, he'll start complaining and his trade value will drop even more. As an alternative they could start Gasol but give Clark the bulk of mins at PF.
Armani

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

start clark. play meeks. this game proves it. pau is better without dwight in the paint with him. team needs perimeter scoring that meeks can bring while bringing the same d that morris can bring and better d than duhon. you care so much about offense than be smart and start the game off force feeding dwight. get him going very early with every offensive scheme you can think off and thus his defense will follow. he'll be engaged and the team will follow too....it then opens up for kobe and the rest if dwight is owning in the paint.

common sense that any basketball person can see...why cant you? not sure if mike brown would be doing worse imo now that mostly the team is back
Ariza3

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

I just want to rage and spew more negative deficiencies on this guy, but it's been repeated way too many times by everybody here. I don't know how much more Lakers fan can take...
charvin

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:20 pm

post game interview. first 2 things he says his offense related...then barely talks about d. ends convo with a smile....really?
Ariza3

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Armani wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:We should have started Clark. Why MDA started Gasol, I have no idea. They don't fit. Dwight needs space in the paint & so does Pau; bring Pau off the bench. Unfortunately, we needed to go with more Gasol because of Dwight's ejection; but I certainly hope in the future MDA gets starts Clark...

If they bench Pau, he'll start complaining and his trade value will drop even more. As an alternative they could start Gasol but give Clark the bulk of mins at PF.

Gasol is over man, have u seen raptors latest baskets? So Mda was running across the court like theres no tomorrow.

Everyone is lost, also Kobe, we need fresh air, Clark did it pretty well, try him, also Jamison, bench Pau, his mind is not into the game.
BuzzerBeater

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 pm

how the hell did phil jackson get his lineup with fisher at the pg and gasol at the center to play better defense than our starting lineup? dantoni :bang:
Ariza3

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Ariza3 wrote:post game interview. first 2 things he says his offense related...then barely talks about d. ends convo with a smile....really?

This year post game inteviews are more enjoyable than the game :bang:
BuzzerBeater

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 pm

How did a starting line-up with Bryant, Odom, and 3 randoms (sorry fellas!) have a better record than this All-star cast?

Ariza3 wrote:how the hell did phil jackson get his lineup with fisher at the pg and gasol at the center to play better defense than our starting lineup? dantoni :bang:
charvin

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm

he better start clark on boozer and let pau destroy their 2nd unit bigs in the paint. need to get off to better starts and that comes down to defense. tell pau he played great but it wasnt bc he started it was bc he played without dwight in the paint. so bring pau off for big minutes but let clark play with dwight and energize the team from the start and let pau come in and spark the bench.

that is a solid game plan. also play meeks with pau instead of duhon or morris. pau is essentially the pg in that lineup and just needs someone to feed him in the post....anyone can do that. jamison with pau is bad on D but anyone with pau is bad on d...so might as well out offense their 2nd unit. only option we have as long as we have pau imo.

clark starting with dwight fits better and was the closest we've been to having team chemistry when pau was out and he started.
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard