Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby BuzzerBeater on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:43 pm

charvin wrote:How did a starting line-up with Bryant, Odom, and 3 randoms (sorry fellas!) have a better record than this All-star cast?

Ariza3 wrote:how the hell did phil jackson get his lineup with fisher at the pg and gasol at the center to play better defense than our starting lineup? dantoni :bang:

Gasol and Fisher 09-10 were not so randoms, respect them.

This season is kinda crazy but we used to win titles not so far ago.
BuzzerBeater

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Phil will use D12 better, maybe playing like Tim Duncan.
odom1year

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

if this hiring isn't the last strike for Jim I dont know what is, yea he's willing to open his check book but Howard was obvious and easy yes, Nash (meh), props for spending but serious what the hell is a 38yr old pg gona really do for us when we had decades worth of slow non defense playing PG over the years? We've gotten away with it for years but everybody and their moma knows lakers achiles has always been the PG play on both ends of the floor.
khmrP

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 pm

I wasn't talking about Gasol and Fisher. More like Smush and Kwame.

BuzzerBeater wrote:
charvin wrote:How did a starting line-up with Bryant, Odom, and 3 randoms (sorry fellas!) have a better record than this All-star cast?

Ariza3 wrote:how the hell did phil jackson get his lineup with fisher at the pg and gasol at the center to play better defense than our starting lineup? dantoni :bang:

Gasol and Fisher 09-10 were not so randoms, respect them.

This season is kinda crazy but we used to win titles not so far ago.
charvin

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Pringles has a rep for not giving a tinker's f*@# about defense.

Our season is circling the drain because we can't stop anybody.

Coincidence?

Only if you're deep in denial and/or you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier (read: Jim Buss.)

:bang:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 am

I'm not a big fan of D'Antoni, but keep in mind that Vinny Del Negro is the guy who's coaching the Clippers.

The players on this team simply aren't getting the job done.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 am

I've been saying this for a while ... the two best teams in the West are coached by Scott Brooks and Vinny Del Negro ... if you are a good and talented team , you don't even need a coach out there to beat the likes of Toronto ...

MDA is totally clueless though on both ends off the ball ... I'm positive he's a worse coach than Brown
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

ya no way hes smart enough to play pau off the bench. he'll say he started him and he scored 25...not that most of those points came when dwight was gone and not in the paint.

clark got like 6/4 in like the first 5 mins he came in. he needs to start but dantoni wont do it and boozer will kill pau tomorrow i bet.
Ariza3

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:MDA is totally clueless though on both ends off the ball ... I'm positive he's a worse coach than Brown

I have a hard time believing that. Two offensive geniuses in Kobe and Nash would not vouch for the man if they felt he was incompetent.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:MDA is totally clueless though on both ends off the ball ... I'm positive he's a worse coach than Brown

I have a hard time believing that. Two offensive geniuses in Kobe and Nash would not vouch for the man if they felt he was incompetent.

They both are sure more qualified than me and have the insight I don't have ...

I would assume a great offensive coach could at least suggest Nash you have to beat the Heat traps by the pass to exploit 4 on 3 or 3 on 2 situations ... and not by dribbling like Nash kept trying ( Miami hedges the PNR so hard , it's not possible to do ...) all game long though.

Same with Kobe chucking 7 three a game since December and not playing in the post at all .

I haven't seen many offensive adjustments when needed ... ( keeping in mind defense is by far our main pb )
wcsoldier81

Postby thisbjgz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 am

odom1year wrote:Phil will use D12 better, maybe playing like Tim Duncan.

Tim Duncan's fundamentals are light years ahead of Dwights.
thisbjgz

Postby MC on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 am

2 things

first - ex players don't necessarily translate to good coaches so to suggest because 2 players saying so as it relates to coaching is a stretch to defend ones own opinion here IMO.

Second - 2 guards, 1 ball dominant and 1 a volume shooter likes MDA? wow what a shocker there lol ...... just because certain players like the style doesn't mean it's a winning style or philosophy..... sometimes we don't know what's best for our own good when we are on the inside of the issue.
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 am

Join the movement: Join it!!
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 am

I am starting to think Brown is better coach....MDA is just real joke with his NO defense style and stupid offense without adjustments.....and moment in Toronto game when he starting to be mad, was so funny ano so stupid.....that was hilarious......what a moron he is, a true one.....Brown lost Nash in 2nd game, Howard was on 30 %, team didnt have chamistry....who knows, with him and with better defense we could win more games then this
themasterphil

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am

themasterphil wrote:I am starting to think Brown is better coach....MDA is just real joke with his NO defense style and stupid offense without adjustments.....and moment in Toronto game when he starting to be mad, was so funny ano so stupid.....that was hilarious......what a moron he is, a true one.....Brown lost Nash in 2nd game, Howard was on 30 %, team didnt have chamistry....who knows, with him and with better defense we could win more games then this

defense was just as bad under Brown as it is now, maybe not as bad PPG allowed but then again that offense was so ugly and took forever to setup leading to slower tempo. Regardless of coach, this team is not built for defense outside of Howard, one guy cannot make up for the lack of speed of the other 4 starters.
khmrP

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 am

MC wrote:

2 things

first - ex players don't necessarily translate to good coaches so to suggest because 2 players saying so as it relates to coaching is a stretch to defend ones own opinion here IMO.

Second - 2 guards, 1 ball dominant and 1 a volume shooter likes MDA? wow what a shocker there lol ...... just because certain players like the style doesn't mean it's a winning style or philosophy..... sometimes we don't know what's best for our own good when we are on the inside of the issue.

Your first point is kind of random and doesn't really have anything to do with what I said but...

When the Lakers hired MDA they obviously went to Kobe and Nash for their approval. Seeing as these two guys have played under MDA and know the game of basketball quite well it would be pretty ridiculous to assume they signed off on MDA if they didn't think he was a good coach.

And Kobe+Nash is perfectly capable of coexisting, I'm not sure why you think they aren't. For the bajillionth time, we're not losing because our players can't co-exist offensively, we're losing because they don't have any idea how to defend as one unit.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm convinced that Mike Brown was better than MDA... which is actually quite sad.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:I'm convinced that Mike Brown was better than MDA... which is actually quite sad.

meh :man8: different odors but same stench to both for me.
khmrP

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm

khmrP wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:I'm convinced that Mike Brown was better than MDA... which is actually quite sad.

yup...under Brown, we lose 90-80...under D'antoni, we lose 110-100...same crap
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Uncle_Meat on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm

charvin wrote:I just want to rage and spew more negative deficiencies on this guy, but it's been repeated way too many times by everybody here. I don't know how much more Lakers fan can take...

Vote with your wallet.
Uncle_Meat

Postby TaniBoyz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

yup...under Brown, we lose 90-80...under D'antoni, we lose 110-100...same crap

true :man6:
TaniBoyz

Postby Ice Laker on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Get this clown out of here!!

And Jimmy Buss needs to get the f out with him :bang:
Ice Laker

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Props to him for benching Pau. It's about damn time he grew a pair.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Props to him for benching Pau. It's about damn time he grew a pair.

Font size needs to be larger. :jam2:
Armani

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm going to reconsider suggesting that MDA was worse than Mike Brown. Maybe he is slightly better.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
Lakeshow24

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard