Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Guys, please understand: no coach can save this season at this point. No one. It doesn't matter at this point.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Weezy wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Wow - both Rambis and James Worthy are throwing Pringles under the bus on TWC.

Saying essentially the same thing folks on this board have been saying, i.e., that Pringles needs to implement a system that makes sense for the current roster.

Saw that. They're completely right. I don't even hate D' Antoni. If you knew his history and you knew what he does you knew he wouldn't work here. Poor judgement to bring him here. He's just being Pringles. It's an awful fit. Actually it's not a fit at all. It's a freaking catastrophe.

They are both completely right. Rambis wasn't even very good as a head coach and I believe he'd be doing better than 'Antoni here.

I do too. At least he'd run the triangle which is better than the horsecrap I've seen out there lately. And we know he'd be better on D.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Come on Jerry, Jimbo or Mitch, make the call, Fire D'Antoni before there is too late to salvage the season ! 2-10 the past 12 games, enough is enough !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm

karacha wrote:Guys, please understand: no coach can save this season at this point. No one. It doesn't matter at this point.

Hmm . . . well, D' Antoni DEFINITELY isn't going to. So I would rather he was gone now. I feel much better rolling it out with Bernie and Eddie.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm

let's just let these guys freestyle again. we're not going anywhere anyway, at least MDA would be one less thing to complain about if this team was coachless.
Pig Miller

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

karacha wrote:Guys, please understand: no coach can save this season at this point. No one. It doesn't matter at this point.

yea but still dont want mda anymore
Maluco Beleza

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Agreed but maybe firing MDA sends a message to Dwight that the Lakers will do all they can to win (to keep him) and the Lakers understand the dislike Howard has for MDA's system. Plus, the Lakers go in to the offseason looking for the right coach.
Last edited by Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

Hmm . . . well, D' Antoni DEFINITELY isn't going to. So I would rather he was gone now. I feel much better rolling it out with Bernie and Eddie.

Trust me, it doesn't matter. They are not going to fire MDA anyway, and he's not crazy enough to quit now.

Feel free to make a poll and see how many people really think he's going to be fired. All emotions aside -- realistically, do you really think he's going to be fired now?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh I agree, completely, but I still want 'Antoni gone. No coach is going to save us, but at least this clown being gone will let our guys play free again, will maybe get their life and spirit back, he's like an anchor to this team IMO. His system is not what any of them want, they aren't listening to him, we can't win a single game. At least if he's gone maybe we go .500 the rest of the season and see some fun basketball again. I believe by 'Antoni staying the cloud will continue to be over this team, just like Knicks, as soon as he was gone from there it was like a weight was lifted for them. Sure we might not be better without him, but we can't be WORSE, our players are not getting along, it's hurting the team overall, if at the very least some of those relationships can be salvaged for going forward I do it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 pm

noobiew wrote:Come on Jerry, Jimbo or Mitch, make the call, Fire D'Antoni before there is too late to salvage the season ! 2-10 the past 12 games, enough is enough !

I agree.

Even if it's too late to salvage the season, the FO needs to do something to stop the downward spiral in the morale department (for both players and fans.)
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

FO need to move these run n gun idiots in MDA and Nash.......this is just too much :mad1:
themasterphil

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I would not call Nash an idiot. He's one of the greats.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Trust me, it doesn't matter. They are not going to fire MDA anyway, and he's not crazy enough to quit now.

Feel free to make a poll and see how many people really think he's going to be fired. All emotions aside -- realistically, do you really think he's going to be fired now?

^^ Karacha, I've already mentioned in an earlier thread and post that I don't have any idea IF he'll be fired. He might not be. But I think he should be. If it were me, I'd pull the trigger. You know we aren't going to go further with him. Might as well try it without him. Unless you think we should continue to go with him next year and beyond for some more of this magical basketball that he coaches.

I'd say he might have a couple more games to try and turn this around, emotions aside. But I don't think they are going to. Not with the kind of coaching he's bringing.

Why prolong the inevitable? I'm with Weezy all the way.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

karacha wrote:I would not call Nash an idiot. He's one of the greats.

Me neither, that's too far for me. Nash had a crap game tonight, but I love the guy.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

maybe 5 years ago .....now he is idiot like his beloved coach
themasterphil

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
noobiew wrote:Come on Jerry, Jimbo or Mitch, make the call, Fire D'Antoni before there is too late to salvage the season ! 2-10 the past 12 games, enough is enough !

I agree.

Even if it's too late to salvage the season, the FO needs to do something to stop the downward spiral in the morale department (for both players and fans.)

No, not too late, I believe if somehow we could make it to the playoffs this season then there still some slim chances Dwight would resigns with us, but if we failed to make it to the playoffs then Dwight is gone for sure, guarantee it.

Our main priority is to keep Dwight Howard long term, our FO need to think about it and do something.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Did you see MDA's post game interview?

Dude's in total denial - taking zero responsibility for his role in this debacle.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
karacha wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

^^ Karacha, I've already mentioned in an earlier thread and post that I don't have any idea IF he'll be fired. He might not be. But I think he should be. If it were me, I'd pull the trigger. You know we aren't going to go further with him. Might as well try it without him. Unless you think we should continue to go with him next year and beyond for some more of this magical basketball that he coaches.

I'd say he might have a couple more games to try and turn this around, emotions aside. But I don't think they are going to. Not with the kind of coaching he's bringing.

Why prolong the inevitable? I'm with Weezy all the way.

I think you're just ignoring the things you dont want to think about like the money we owe him and overcoming Jim's ego admitting he made a mistake so quickly.

Obviously those things don't mean anything to you, but believe me when I say they are large factors in their decision making.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby MC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

The Rock wrote:I dont think he should be fired. But we do need to get some shooters that suit his system and today's NBA style of play. This is what Pop did in SAS, TD is a tremendous post player but it wasn't translating into winning games so he surrounded the team with shooters and athletes and uses them as primary options starting in 2009.

And how many titles have the Spurs sniffed since going to gimmick ball exactly? so is coming close to making the finals now the goal?

Gimmick ball is not the "wave of the future" nor is it championship basketball.........

Playing fundamental inside out basketball is championship basketball.........

most teams don't have bigs for it so they resort to gimmick ball............. teams that have bigs and go to gimmick ball is asinine and generally insulting to anyone that knows a lick about the fundamentals of basketball.

The death of inside out basketball as the ultimate goal is very much over exaggerated........ it STILL is the way to go about playing the game and being responsible with your floor balance......
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Did you see MDA's post game interview?

Dude's in total denial - taking zero responsibility for his role in this debacle.

Absolutely, he's been doing it all year.

If you want to raise your blood pressure, go back and look at post game interviews with him by date. They are the most infuriating thing I've ever seen. :disagree:
phoenixrisingla

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

Me neither, that's too far for me. Nash had a crap game tonight, but I love the guy.

I respect Nash's accomplishments, but Father Time has caught up with him, I fear...
Last edited by Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

I don't know what to do with him anymore. We sure as hell can't fire him. Just think about this, if we fire D'Antoni, we'll be owing 20 million for coaches that aren't coaching. That too, for multiple seasons. We will end up keeping him... I don't see him getting fired.
Armani

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

I remember Lakerwiz calling out the rest of us for believing in all the rumors and hate filled articles bout Jim, wonder what his thoughts are now of Jim? :man10:
khmrP

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

themasterphil wrote:

maybe 5 years ago .....now he is idiot like his beloved coach

He doesn't play as well. Which doesn't make him an idiot. He's an extremely intelligent player. Always was, still is.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Armani wrote:I don't know what to do with him anymore. We sure as hell can't fire him. Just think about this, if we fire D'Antoni, we'll be owing 20 million for coaches that aren't coaching. That too, for multiple seasons. We will end up keeping him... I don't see him getting fired.

he isnt coaching anyway...so whats the difference
themasterphil

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard