Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby BuzzerBeater on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Jamison and Clark SHOULD HAVE TO PLAY at least 30 minutes each one.

Both are always into the game,

HOLY S H I T, what a terrible coach !!

If Steve Nash plays as well as today, its Blake time,no way man.
BuzzerBeater

Postby WilliamHaven on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

It's funny, during the 3rd quarter i was going to post in this thread to give props to Dantoni for giving the same bench guys consistent minutes and consecutive games (i.e. no DNPs) during the win streak, including Jamison after having a hot start and playing well in the win streak....

...then doesn't play him in the 4th quarter when we could have used extra offense and Dwight was out.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

WilliamHaven wrote:
Weezy wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Fu** this pu**y for leaving pau in and benching jamison when tawn was scorching the suns. GROW SOME DAMN BALLS DANTONI! FU & PU**Y A** PAU!

To be fair, it's not like Jamison can play C, Pau would still have to be out there. Also, maybe 'Antoni was giving Pau his wish to be out there so he'd shut up going forward.

No, you put him in for Ron or Earl who were bricking open shots (Ron primarily).

I have no problem with that if for offensive purposes, but then the defense suffers because Jamison can't play any.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza68 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Fu** this pu**y for leaving pau in and benching jamison when tawn was scorching the suns. GROW SOME DAMN BALLS DANTONI! FU & PU**Y A** PAU!

:man10:

Pau played the entire second half except for a minute at the start of the 3rd. This is plain stupid and has nothing to do with Pau complaining or something. Gortat didn't play much in the second half and even with Dwight's injure Pau could have had some rest, given that Jamison was playing well. Pringles should be fired.
Ariza68

Postby BuzzerBeater on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm

WilliamHaven wrote:It's funny, during the 3rd quarter i was going to post in this thread to give props to Dantoni for giving the same bench guys consistent minutes and consecutive games (i.e. no DNPs) during the win streak, including Jamison after having a hot start and playing well in the win streak....

...then doesn't play him in the 4th quarter when we could have used extra offense and Dwight was out.

Thats our kinda coach :bang:
BuzzerBeater

Postby WilliamHaven on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 am

Weezy wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:
Weezy wrote:

To be fair, it's not like Jamison can play C, Pau would still have to be out there. Also, maybe 'Antoni was giving Pau his wish to be out there so he'd shut up going forward.

No, you put him in for Ron or Earl who were bricking open shots (Ron primarily).

I have no problem with that if for offensive purposes, but then the defense suffers because Jamison can't play any.

No, I know.....but we were getting neither offense nor defense in the 4th. A couple buckets could have won us the game despite Pinhead going off for the Suns.
WilliamHaven

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 am

WTF why would does he deserve any blame for today...the media was criticising the hell out of him last night for benching Pau and Metta late in the game, so he put those two in the game tonight and they wet the bet. Pau who supposedly wants to play close to the basket as a Center, blew it at crunch time. Ron whos supposedly a great 1 on 1 defender blew it as well. Those two pretty much are responsible for tonights loss

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby WilliamHaven on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 am

The Rock wrote:WTF why would does he deserve any blame for today...the media was criticising the hell out of him last night for benching Pau and Metta late in the game, so he put those two in the game tonight and they wet the bet. Pau who supposedly wants to play close to the basket as a Center, blew it at crunch time. Ron whos supposedly a great 1 on 1 defender blew it as well. Those two pretty much are responsible for tonights loss

Of course, but it's the Coach's responsibility to change it up when something isn't working...i.e. give players a rest if they are looking like they are exhausted and ineffective

there is such a thing as making in-game adjustments.....
WilliamHaven

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 am

WilliamHaven wrote:
The Rock wrote:WTF why would does he deserve any blame for today...the media was criticising the hell out of him last night for benching Pau and Metta late in the game, so he put those two in the game tonight and they wet the bet. Pau who supposedly wants to play close to the basket as a Center, blew it at crunch time. Ron whos supposedly a great 1 on 1 defender blew it as well. Those two pretty much are responsible for tonights loss

Of course, but it's the Coach's responsibility to change it up when something isn't working...i.e. give players a rest if they are looking like they are exhausted and ineffective

What are your other options? Jamison? He cant defend and then what? Dwight was out of the game.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby WilliamHaven on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 am

The Rock wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:

What are your other options? Jamison? He cant defend and then what? Dwight was out of the game.

Like I said earlier...a couple of made baskets by Jamison instead of Ron bricking a handful of threes in the span of 1 minute, and we win the game despite what Beasley does on offense.
WilliamHaven

Postby BuzzerBeater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am

Lmao

Welcome to lakers soap opera.

If Mda is aka "good coach" should bench Pau while losing half of the leading in the last quarter.

Freak time ahead :freak2:
BuzzerBeater

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 am

^ Jamison was in the game when the Suns were comin back. He was also in the game last night when the Pelicans were making a comeback. D'Antoni went with the best defensive lineup he could and what we had out there was the best defensive lineup we had. Problem was we were going 3 on 5 on offense, Pau looked scared and Ron just kept bricking open shots after another. Suns took their chances and won. Ron was taking the same shots to begin the 3rd Q and he made them, he couldnt convert in the 4th.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BuzzerBeater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 am

WilliamHaven wrote:
The Rock wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:

Like I said earlier...a couple of made baskets by Jamison instead of Ron bricking a handful of threes in the span of 1 minute, and we win the game despite what Beasley does on offense.

+1

Almost any other option would have won the game.
BuzzerBeater

Postby BuzzerBeater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

The Rock wrote:^ Jamison was in the game when the Suns were comin back. He was also in the game last night when the Pelicans were making a comeback. D'Antoni went with the best defensive lineup he could and what we had out there was the best defensive lineup we had. Problem was we were going 3 on 5 on offense, Pau looked scared and Ron just kept bricking open shots after another. Suns took their chances and won. Ron was taking the same shots to begin the 3rd Q and he made them, he couldnt convert in the 4th.

No one wanted the ball for the last 4 minutes, so did Kobe.

Everyone was scared, Pau have to stop talking crap cuz he did NOTHING in the last quarter.

Pau SHUT UP man, huh, swan.
BuzzerBeater

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:38 am

The Rock wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:

Because Metta was such a great defender tonight & shut down Beasley right? There was no defense either way we at least could have gotten offense from jamison.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby l__o on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 am

MDA should just bench World Peace or stop giving him the ball.
Phil have done b4
So coaching problem? :jam2:
l__o

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 am

He is a horrible coach, that is all.
JLaker17

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

I don't like Kobe always setting up guys for a three. He needs to set up guys for more high-percentage shots. This over-dependence on threes kills us on the road. And Kobe needs to be able to close the 4th quarters, so someone else needs to run the offense then.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby lakerholic on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 pm

l__o wrote:MDA should just bench World Peace or stop giving him the ball.
Phil have done b4
So coaching problem? :jam2:

Exactly. Mike Trudell broke down the possessions that led to the 13 point lead dwindling to 0. Over half of them involved MWP missing a shot or turning the ball over.

Also, if you're going to have arguably your best defender on the court, shouldn't he be guarding Beasley?! Or the night before, Andersen!?? Why is this so obvious to everyone but our idiot coach.

Fire him already.
"No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but that damn boy Kobe Bryant is The Closer."
lakerholic

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I don't like Kobe always setting up guys for a three. He needs to set up guys for more high-percentage shots. This over-dependence on threes kills us on the road. And Kobe needs to be able to close the 4th quarters, so someone else needs to run the offense then.

The guys weren't cutting into the paint as hard last night especially end of the 4th.
Kit

Postby charvin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Benching Pau, and then benching Jamison. Who's he benching next?
charvin

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 am

Kit wrote:
V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I don't like Kobe always setting up guys for a three. He needs to set up guys for more high-percentage shots. This over-dependence on threes kills us on the road. And Kobe needs to be able to close the 4th quarters, so someone else needs to run the offense then.

The guys weren't cutting into the paint as hard last night especially end of the 4th.

I agree this seems VERY over critical of Kobe. He cant control where his teammates move to and get open at. Finding the open man should be enough.

If our other players cant get their shots to drop that on them to adjust their game (or improve it) or on the coach to change the gameplan.

The load on Kobe is higher this year than its ever been in his career and that REALLY saying something if you were watching 2005-2008
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 pm

^ That.

And I'm not sure if that's a D'Antoni thing... I mean, yes he loves the open three but if the players cut and we get a dunk, do you think that'd be something he WOULDN'T game plan for?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

There's a difference between appreciating what spacing does to a good offense and randomly chucking 3's. I get the sense he does the latter. It's so frustrating to watch... this team taking 31 3 pointers. Ugh.
Armani

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard