Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

I hate the fact that we chuck miss, they run down the floor for a quick 2, we throw a long pass down court chuck another 3 miss and repeat.
JLaker17

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm

mda is terrible

1.2 seconds left, pretty much means catch and shoot. here's his mistake

1) not putting in sacre to use his height to defend the inbounder
2) not using clark on the floor to play the potential last shot but instead putting him in on the inbounder
3) why is nash in there with 1.2 seconds left?!?! i'd rather see morris in there, or even meeks or blake. someone who is athletic and can fight around picks contest the last second shot.

mda, you're a joke
Pig Miller

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:15 pm

He should've brought Kobe and Nash back in around the 8 min mark when we had the 10 point lead. Dont like Nash and Blake on the court at the same time

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Pig Miller wrote:mda is terrible

1.2 seconds left, pretty much means catch and shoot. here's his mistake

1) not putting in sacre to use his height to defend the inbounder
2) not using clark on the floor to play the potential last shot but instead putting him in on the inbounder
3) why is nash in there with 1.2 seconds left?!?! i'd rather see morris in there, or even meeks or blake. someone who is athletic and can fight around picks contest the last second shot.

mda, you're a joke

Agreed, Morris instead of Nash for extra length and speed. Clark chasing a shooter or ready to help with a lob. Sacre on the ball is a good idea to help eliminate the lob or make it have to be a perfect pass.

Gasol almost blew that. in fact, he did. he really didnt' affect anything. He got caught watching the ball and the guards on the perimeter and his man snuck in behind him with lots of space for the lob. just a stupid lazy play by him. watch it closely and see how he gets lost and gives too much space.

I don't see MDA coaching any of the little things with these guys, other than when it was a 3 point game he told them not to leave the 3 point line and to let bynum go. Kobe and Clark failed to box out at least 5 times today.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

well now mda can put out his small ball lineup that he's been wanting.
Pig Miller

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Pig Miller wrote:well now mda can put out his small ball lineup that he's been wanting.

I suggest

PG: Nash
SG: Blake
SF: Meeks
PF: Kobe
C: Clark.

6th man: Jamison.

:man13: :man13:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

IMO Antoni can not coach the game of basketball. He was a below .500 coach in NY, and he was a below .500 coach in pheonix before nash got there. The only thing he's known for is his "high octane offense". Which he was NEVER able to reproduce without nash. hmmm, I wonder why. Clippers ball has been called showtime 2.0 by magic. Only difference between Del Negro and Antoni? Del negro doesn't take all the credit for it. I said it before and i'll say it again. D'antoni owes his career to steve nash. Period. Its a shame that he beat out phil jackson based on those 4-5 years where he had a "high octane offense", and wasn't below .500 for the only stretch of his career. Bad coach, even worse decision by management.
King of Clutch

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Sure he's shorthanded but horrible rotations tonight by MDA.

Also, why the hell was Dwight still in when we were down 30???
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm so confused as to why we suck I don't even know if I can put it on 'Antoni anymore, at this point I am joining those not even sure if Phil could have saved us. I can't put this one loss on 'Antoni though, because if he's to blame tonight then he must be due credit for winning our last 6 of 7 games right? So I don't even know what to think, the things that changed tonight was nobody outside Kobe could hit a shot, the effort all around was terrible, the defense was terrible, and we swapped Pau for Howard, I can't see any of that as 'Antoni's fault at the moment.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

^Phil could have helped the Kobe/Dwight relationship, IMO. Other then that, Phil wouldn't have been able to keep Nash, Pau, & Dwight healthy. Our luck this year has been horrible. We're not making the playoffs, IMO; that alone should put MDA under fire. However, compound that with Dwight not wanting to be coached by MDA, and the Lakers may have a choice to make between Dwight/MDA if of course Dwight doesn't bolt...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Get rid of them both.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

There have been times where we have looked SO GOOD. We just can't seem to maintain it. I think phil could've do a better job of doing just that.
King of Clutch

Postby 432J on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

PLEASE RESIGN
432J

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

MDA has become kind of irrelevant. I don't even think about him as a factor in this team's success or demise anymore.

We played a horrible game for a few reasons, none of which I think had to do with him. We become such a drastically different team when MVP and Howard are out there. We lose one of our best facilitators and swapped him out with two guys who can't pass if their lives depended on it. We need to figure out how we're going to make this work.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm

This guy is just an anchor on the team that occasionally spits out coaching chiches.

Do you guys here him when he's "mic'd up"?

"We gotta focus on Defense"
"C'mon guys we gotta do better"
"It's about this end of the court"

Meanwhile Doc is grabbing players and giving directions, rattling off current stats to help them focus on certain things, tellin gthem how to get the shots they want to be taking...

And dont get me started on his pre and post game interviews. Dude looks completely confused and flummoxed at all times. Cant answer simple questions and dodges the ones he can answer.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm hopeful (or at least in my own fantasy world) that MDA gets canned or resigns when a bad Bobcats team blows us out tomorrow night. I do not think the Lakers will fire him... but if the loses pile up at the exception of bad blow-out loses his health problems might not take it anymore.
Ice-Fire

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:This guy is just an anchor on the team that occasionally spits out coaching chiches.

Do you guys here him when he's "mic'd up"?

"We gotta focus on Defense"
"C'mon guys we gotta do better"
"It's about this end of the court"

Meanwhile Doc is grabbing players and giving directions, rattling off current stats to help them focus on certain things, tellin gthem how to get the shots they want to be taking...

And dont get me started on his pre and post game interviews. Dude looks completely confused and flummoxed at all times. Cant answer simple questions and dodges the ones he can answer.

This. It pisses me off so much. Partly because I know for a fact that that's all he's doing. He's not actually practicing their defensive principles in practice. Thats how average defensive teams become great defensive teams like chicago, miami, or indiana. By practicing, not by just saying the word "defense" every other minute.
King of Clutch

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I wonder if we can run this guy out of town somehow? Trade Nash.. Tell Kobe to isolate him from the team & make him want to quit.. We have to get rid of him without paying yet another coach to sit home.
lakersin4

Postby kenzo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 pm

It should be obvious for the FO that it's either Dwight or MDA. They better choose the former :man12:
kenzo

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

kenzo wrote:It should be obvious for the FO that it's either Dwight or MDA. They better choose the former :man12:

Problem is its also starting to look like Dwight or Kobe.

This is what Dwight does. As long as EVERYTHING about the team is focused around him and his "greatness" he's happy. If he's not the absolute center of the universe, baby-wants-his-bottle.
phoenixrisingla

Postby kenzo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
kenzo wrote:It should be obvious for the FO that it's either Dwight or MDA. They better choose the former :man12:

Problem is its also starting to look like Dwight or Kobe.

This is what Dwight does. As long as EVERYTHING about the team is focused around him and his "greatness" he's happy. If he's not the absolute center of the universe, baby-wants-his-bottle.

If that is the case than GTFO Dwight.
kenzo

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:41 am

Hey Antoni, you see that Nash, meeks, kobe, clark, howard lineup you ran towards the end there? Saw how fluid it was? Use it some more. Send mwp's arse to the bench. Would much rather have meeks taking those 3s metta takes.
King of Clutch

Postby MC on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:38 am

The problem is CLEARLY not MDA.............. it's the FO with the big egos that has hired the last 2 coaches based on very little research and understanding of the game that is the problem.

If you want to fix the issue, it starts with Daddy's little boy that thinks knowing statistics and charts is actually knowing the game itself........ there are a lot of these type of people these days since the fantasy sports garbage has taken over main stream. Stats can only be used to support a good argument, it can't be the basis of the argument itself and that's exactly what stats have become to the fantasy "gurus" of today's sports world. Good fundamentals and knowledge of this game is slowly slipping away to these pretenders that hide behind numbers.
----------------------------------
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:MDA has become kind of irrelevant. I don't even think about him as a factor in this team's success or demise anymore.

I wish that were true but as long as you have a coach that is alienating players and controlling the subs you have a coach that is affecting this team's ability to gel properly which leads to success.

He's definitely been reduced some as far as the Xs and Os are concerned but until he's canned he still has enough affect to F things up......
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Weekend at Bernie's is back.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Can you please play Sacre for 5-10 mins. He is not great but he wont hurt you either.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard