Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 pm

"He is not great but he wont hurt you either."

I dunno about that
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Sacre's problem is in pick and roll situations he keeps dropping passes thats about it. Other than that hes not bad playing 5-10 mins against the other teams 2nd unit. He commits hard smart fouls and doesnt give up layup. There is no shortage of effort from that guy why not give him a burn

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

The Rock wrote:Sacre's problem is in pick and roll situations he keeps dropping passes thats about it. Other than that hes not bad playing 5-10 mins against the other teams 2nd unit. He commits hard smart fouls and doesnt give up layup. There is no shortage of effort from that guy why not give him a burn

So except for the athletic ability he's just like Dwight. :man12:
XXIV

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah. Except that one-legged Dwight sick with a flu is more athletic then healthy Sacre. :man10: Unfortunately for Sacre -- in modern basketball, the athleticism and speed count more then anything else, with the possible exception of effort and hustle.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 pm

what it'll most likely boil down to is keeping howard or dan tony

and i'm pretty sure the lakers FO isn't that out of their minds yet to keep dan tony. but i mean, with jim buss calling the shots you never know. if i was dwight there's no way i'd stay with dan tony as HC
432J

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:31 pm

D'Antoni's rotations are awful today. He's getting us killed on the glass.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:D'Antoni's rotations are awful today. He's getting us killed on the glass.

When D12 goes out there is no rebounding, it's not MDA's faults, it's a depth/effort problem with the other players.

We don't have a backup Center, so we have to go small when D12 is out, but somehow that is MDA's fault? :man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby venky on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I hate this guy. :man2:
venky

Postby themasterphil on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Terrible coach, just terrible.....he need to be fired right now....i think Kobe and Howard need to make pressure on FO to fire this man, he is worst coach in NBA right now for sure
themasterphil

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:29 pm

I don't think he knows how to use Howard at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Why, WHY IN THE WORLD DOES HE CONTINUE TO RUN NASH AND KOBE TOGETHER, AND LEAVE HOWARD WITH BENCH PLAYERS??? Why not run nash and howard together for the majority of the game? Shouldn't be on the floor without at least one of them. Horrible rotations by him.
King of Clutch

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 pm

he def doesnt know how to use dwight. its obvious and dwight will leave if he doesnt fix it. dwight was doing very well tonight with his touches and FT's....
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

karacha wrote:I don't think he knows how to use Howard at all.

I don't think he knows how to use a big man that doesn't play like Amare or Channing Frye at all. 'Antoni was literally the worst coach in the world to bring in if you wanted to move forward with Howard as your guy, feature him, or even keep him happy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Pretty much. Now I'm able to see that. I was hoping that he would modify his fast ball style to include the best center in the game but it just didn't happen.

Imagine MDA with

Fisher/Kobe/Fox/Horry/Shaq.

:man3:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:02 pm

karacha wrote:Pretty much. Now I'm able to see that. I was hoping that he would modify his fast ball style to include the best center in the game but it just didn't happen.

Imagine MDA with

Fisher/Kobe/Fox/Horry/Shaq.

:man3:

Move Shaq to the bench... not enough spacing. :man10:
Armani

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

He's a terrible coach. We all know about his coaching of defense, but I also think he's overrated as an offensive mind. I'm giving a prime Steve Nash & a roster perfectly suited for him most of the credit when it comes to those offensively great Phoenix teams. They were great in 2010 with Gentry too, right?

I don't think he's smart either. His answers to reporters' questions sound just like what a fan would say, which is troubling because he's supposed to know more about bball than casual fans right? He should have smarter things to say than "just gotta stay in front of him" when talking about stopping LeBron from getting to the rim, for example.

I don't think he's been the reason we are below .500, but he certainly hasn't helped. Just a bad coaching hire.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 pm

This coach cannot make in-game adjustments to save his life. When other teams adjust to us, he can't counter...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby blinkme28 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:44 pm

All we're doing is pissing ourselves off by constantly calling him an idiot. MDA is the coach for the rest of the season and possibly even next( :bang: :bang: :bang: ) Jim won't swallow his pride,we've seen this.
blinkme28

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Like what Kurt Rambis said on ESPN after the game, this team isn't running any offensive system they're basically just playing street ball. So then what's point of having MDA exactly, he's not coaching defense either.
XXIV

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:02 pm

^I would agree with that assessment. It's more of a read/react offense. Read what the defense is doing and react to it. You can run the offense through Kobe in the post but once teams adjust to it they have nothing else to fall back on. It gets more obvious when Pau is out; as much as I've said to trade him, he's missed. You can do so many things through him because of his skill level on the offensive side...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 pm

pretty crazy doc rivers can play KG 37 mins and its already double OT. thats a coach who manages minutes rotations and trusts his players and they trust him.
Ariza3

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 pm

so they're basically playing under no system, just like they were when bernie was HC

so wtf was the point of hiring this moron as "head coach?!" they should have just had eddie jordan or one of the 10 assistants coach the team instead of bringing idiot in. at least they were 4-1 when bernie was coach
432J

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 pm

theyre winging it every game we've one dictated by kobe passing out of the post. crunch time theyre screwed bc the coach is an idiot
Ariza3

Postby themasterphil on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 am

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130210_dantoni
I saw this and I just cant read this shi t with MDA.....he is just pathetic
themasterphil

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 am

He takes credit for all of the adjustments. Were they his idea, because it looks to me that he's just passively letting the team figure it out.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion