Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 am

Why are you guys talking about offense when its our defense that cost us the game lol Jamison, Meeks have improved leaps and bounds since he got here. Its not like MDA is running a system just for Nash. Other guys are doing well without Nash in here too. The problem was defense last night

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby icencream27 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Is there anyway we can still get nate McMillan

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

Postby Ice Laker on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Soooo....can we fire him already?
Ice Laker

Postby mister anakin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:05 pm

The Rock wrote:I dont understand why he played Meeks only 9 mins tonight, especially with Kobe and MWP having no legs to play defense we could've used some energy to cheese those ORL shooters around screens. Also DNP for Hill?

I think MDA is still experimenting with his options for rotation. That´s the only plausible explanation for giving M33ks only nine minutes after such a great performance. Perhaps yesterday whas the time to test Ebanks. Just guessing...
mister anakin

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

havoc33 wrote:
Center Court wrote:are people really going to judge MDA on this?

His whole offense is based around Nash.
Nash isn't playing so therefor he is IMO just sorta "running" until Nash comes back then he'll let Steve do his thing. Which is a HUGE difference. night and day.

Defensively, he's never been a great coach. That said, IMO it's more about effort then it is x's and o's. Not sure it will get a whole lot better until games mean something, but it's on the players right now.

Rotations.. IMO he's still figuring things out. Hopefully he can still work J Hill into 12 mpg and cut Kobe's mins to 32.

was Phil a better choice, yes. But it is what it is. Hopefully, this team hits a new gear with Nash and in turn focus more on hustle and desire on D.

Which is exactly why his system is flawed to begin with. It doesn't worry you that we are counting on a 50 year old Nash to save the season? If that is the case, it makes us extremely vulnerable.

IMO, with all this talent besides Nash there is no way we should be piling up losses in the way that we are doing right now. We should be able to adjust and win on a consistent basis. It looks like we are struggling because D'Antoni is not getting what he needs out of this roster because of the simple fact that our core players are too old. In other words, he's a bad fit.

Now, I didn't see last nights game yet, but why did Hill get a DNP? He is one of the few energy guys we have, and a good defender to boot. But of course, he doesn't fit with D'Antoni's offensive juggernaut gameplan, so he's already in the dog house, just like he was in New York.

Jamison put up 33/15 the other night so clearly he deserves mins. Dwight needs his mins. It comes down to Pau needing mins at the C to be somewhat effective. If Pau can't play the 4 at all, then we have to slide him to back up C and use Antwan as the "Odom role". That means Hill gets no burn.

So right now Hill not getting any mins is a direct result of Pau not producing at all and needing to try and integrate him somehow.

As I've said, trading Pau fixes a ton of problems. Namely, giving Hill mins. If we could hyhpthetically trade him for a SF and young PF, then start Jamison I think we'd be better off. Sign Kenyon too.

Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Jamison/Martin/PF
Center Court

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Center Court wrote:
havoc33 wrote:
Center Court wrote:are people really going to judge MDA on this?

His whole offense is based around Nash.
Nash isn't playing so therefor he is IMO just sorta "running" until Nash comes back then he'll let Steve do his thing. Which is a HUGE difference. night and day.

Defensively, he's never been a great coach. That said, IMO it's more about effort then it is x's and o's. Not sure it will get a whole lot better until games mean something, but it's on the players right now.

Rotations.. IMO he's still figuring things out. Hopefully he can still work J Hill into 12 mpg and cut Kobe's mins to 32.

was Phil a better choice, yes. But it is what it is. Hopefully, this team hits a new gear with Nash and in turn focus more on hustle and desire on D.

Which is exactly why his system is flawed to begin with. It doesn't worry you that we are counting on a 50 year old Nash to save the season? If that is the case, it makes us extremely vulnerable.

IMO, with all this talent besides Nash there is no way we should be piling up losses in the way that we are doing right now. We should be able to adjust and win on a consistent basis. It looks like we are struggling because D'Antoni is not getting what he needs out of this roster because of the simple fact that our core players are too old. In other words, he's a bad fit.

Now, I didn't see last nights game yet, but why did Hill get a DNP? He is one of the few energy guys we have, and a good defender to boot. But of course, he doesn't fit with D'Antoni's offensive juggernaut gameplan, so he's already in the dog house, just like he was in New York.

Jamison put up 33/15 the other night so clearly he deserves mins. Dwight needs his mins. It comes down to Pau needing mins at the C to be somewhat effective. If Pau can't play the 4 at all, then we have to slide him to back up C and use Antwan as the "Odom role". That means Hill gets no burn.

So right now Hill not getting any mins is a direct result of Pau not producing at all and needing to try and integrate him somehow.

As I've said, trading Pau fixes a ton of problems. Namely, giving Hill mins. If we could hyhpthetically trade him for a SF and young PF, then start Jamison I think we'd be better off. Sign Kenyon too.

Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Jamison/Martin/PF

Agreed. We need to fix Pau and go a SF that can defend and shoot well; also, we need a PF back that can fit in MDA's system. If we're not playing Hill, and Jamison can't play defense, then we need somebody on our roster that can fill those voids. A PF that can play defense, athletic, and can shoot. Pair Pau with somebody else on our roster that WE can utilize.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm beginning to wonder....

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

9 Man Rotation

Nash Duhon
Kobe Meeks
Metta
Pau Jamison
Howard Hill

That's all who should play. Ebanks, Clark, Morris, Sacre are garbage minute players.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby SeasonTicketHolder on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:I'm beginning to wonder....

So am I...so am I. Hope D'Antoni can get something out of this team but I'm beginning to wonder...like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
SeasonTicketHolder

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm

SeasonTicketHolder wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:I'm beginning to wonder....

So am I...so am I. Hope D'Antoni can get something out of this team but I'm beginning to wonder...like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I'm starting to think this team changes its shape every few seconds. One second it's a square peg, the next it's a trapezoidal pyramid.
I have no idea what that means.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

'Antoni is a ****ing moron. Phil Jackson would have offense/defense substituted for Dwight like he used to do with Shaq, but 'Anotni leaves him out there to brick and brick and brick. Read a stat sheet 'Antoni, the guy CAN'T shoot free throws, he's not going play through it or figure it out, you're just embarrassing him. F this guy, what a horrible choice for coach, I miss Bernie.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Maybe this is some master plan that will pay huge dividends down the road. For the present, leaving Dwight in the game when they're fouling has lost us two games.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby noobiew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Terrible management & outcoach for the past 2 games by some rookie coaches.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

F u dan tony and a HUGE F u to jim buss for hiring this clown

biggest mistake in lakers history. passing over the greatest coach of all time for this idiot

go f*ck yourself jim buss
432J

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

let me just say this: "We Want Phil! We Want Phil!"
Pig Miller

Postby venky on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

This guy sucks and Lakers management sucks.
venky

Postby artuditu on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm sorry to tell but this team is full of good talent. If it's so dysfunctional it can only be because of bad coaching.
artuditu

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 pm

artuditu wrote:I'm sorry to tell but this team is full of talent. If it's so dysfunctional it can only be because of bad coaching.

exactly because of bad coaching

i am one of a handful of people here who has been against the dan tony hiring since day 1, heck i was against the fact that they were even considering him. if phil was coaching this team, it wouldn't be this inconsistent. as long as jim buss and dan tony are in LA, lakers are effed
432J

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

It just hit me that we left Phil freakin Jackson go. Say what you want about his last season here, say what you want about him not having the fire, he is the best coach of all time & the safest bet 10/10. We are a win now team & we didn't choose the win now coach.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LOSLAKERS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

I originally heard the Dantoni rumor on Twitter after a bad loss. I thought it was a joke... But I must admit, after the hiring I was definitely warming up to the idea especially considering we have Nash. Obviously I still would have preferred Phil. Everyone would. He is in his own universe.

I'm still optimistic that we'll do well this season. The real question is how well can we do in the playoffs where coaching is of much more importance.
Last edited by LOSLAKERS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOSLAKERS

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

I miss the Bickerstaff days.
quartzcharm

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

as ridiculous as it sounds

they played their best ball this season under bernie

that really says something about dan tony
432J

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

trodgers wrote:Maybe this is some master plan that will pay huge dividends down the road. For the present, leaving Dwight in the game when they're fouling has lost us two games.

I think that's obviously what he's trying to do, but it's stupid and out of character. It's like he's trying to show that he isn't a "Master of Panic" coach, even though it's just smart decision making to take a guy out who is KILLING your team in the 4th when he's in the game.

Does he honestly expect Dwight to somehow start knocking down FTs in the 4th just because he won't take him out? Dwight may get lucky and make enough to survive in one game, but he could very well go 3/13 the next night and teams will continue to foul him. He's not going to magically be cured of his FT woes. MDA just doesn't get it
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 pm

nash coming back wont change the fact that this guy isnt that good of a coach
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby escobar8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 pm

i dont blame him him for keeping dh...i wished he inserted hill...
but whats the point of having all star C and future franchise player if you cant play him in the 4th Q...
escobar8

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard