Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah Dwight sounds pissed to say the least, but he's delusional if he thinks he's going to be most effective posting up
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Nikez on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Kevin Ding @KevinDing 13 Dec
D'Antoni said the key to unlocking the Lakers' offense is getting Dwight doing damage out of pick-and-roll sets.

Follow-up on D'Antoni's Dwight P&R quote: Asked where he likes ball most, Dwight said: "That's obvious. On the ...
block." Dwight was asked, "Pick and roll?" Dwight responded: "On the block." about 4 hours ago

http://sulia.com/kevinding/f/43903239-b602-4ae0-a05f-845164d6aec2/?source=twitter&guid=43903239-b602-4ae0-a05f-845164d6aec2

I really wouldn't look too much into this. Dwight became dwight because he was a great p&r player in orlando, and I'm sure he has the common sense to realize that it will be an integral part of our offense once the players learn more and more, I do see us improving slowly. Dwight is not a cancer, and I'm very confident he will do everything he can to give the team everything he has.

And contrary to what many think, once Pau gets back I believe it will really help dwight's game on the block since pau is another threat that defenses have to adjust to. I know before he got injured he wasn't playing like it, but with a little time I am very confident this team can gel.

Panicking right now is ridiculous, our personnel is not what is holding us back. Its simply the huge changes that this team has had to deal with and their challenge to establish an identity, any other team wouldn't much better than .500 given our circumstances.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby lakeshow4ever on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm

lakeshow4ever

Postby 7secondmess on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

The guy lost a ton in NY but always seemed relaxed and used humor as a tool to lighten the mood. He looked like he was going to break down yesterday during his postgame conference. He also didn't look very comfortable during the fire d'antoni chants that they were chanting. Amazing that he resigned and wasn't fired from there.
7secondmess

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:12 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Yeah Dwight sounds pissed to say the least, but he's delusional if he thinks he's going to be most effective posting up

This

Though lakerswiz is right too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
And Kobe (back spasms) played the entire second half for the second consecutive night for the Lakers.

WTF Mike?
It's even worse when you factor in that Meeks was ROLLING tonight. Kobe shouldn't have played that many minutes, especially on a back-to-back with back spasms.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Finwë wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
And Kobe (back spasms) played the entire second half for the second consecutive night for the Lakers.

WTF Mike?
It's even worse when you factor in that Meeks was ROLLING tonight. Kobe shouldn't have played that many minutes, especially on a back-to-back with back spasms.

d'antoni said he was going to ride his stars to death. he wasn't joking.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Finwë wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

WTF Mike?

didn't stop him from jacking up shots though
khmrP

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm

lol i was at work for the beginning of the game and ebanks started at PF? :man10: :man10: :man10:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm

It's either that or we play Morris more minutes... Meeks is coming in basically as our backup PG.

I don't really know what else to do to be honest...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:36 pm

I dont see any actual basketball play, just iso and jacking up 3's whenever anyone feels like it, I dont see that much changing when Nash comes back either.
khmrP

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

"were gonna ride him to death, they might have to take him off the court and bronze him right there. theres nothing else we can do."
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

:man10: how do you not see that changing?

That's ridiculous.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I just don't get it. Can't he figure out that some minutes to rest here and there will help his stars be a little more effective?

Realdeal, I understand, but I'm not talking about sitting him for very long, just give him a breather here and there at least.. Leave Duhon in longer if you don't trust Morris, play Ebanks at the 2 for a minute (put Jamison back in at the 4, MWP at the 3)..
Finwë

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10: how do you not see that changing?

That's ridiculous.

i'm sure a few more PnR but I still see Kobe iso ball coming along with idiots like Ebanks/MWP jacking up 3's whenever they feel like it.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm with ya, but right now I don't mind. Especially since Kobe told D'Antoni he wanted to play.

And to me he played tonight more like earlier in the season. Very measured.

Now if he plays the next game for 44 minutes I'll start to get really nervous.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:41 pm

just run though
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote::man10: how do you not see that changing?

That's ridiculous.

i'm sure a few more PnR but I still see Kobe iso ball coming along with idiots like Ebanks/MWP jacking up 3's whenever they feel like it.

Jacking up threes like they're supposed to you mean? And of course you'll see Kobe isolation... His name is Kobe Bryant. You SHOULD see some isolation no matter who's on the team.

But the idea that Nash coming back won't radically change the team is just plain silly.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

When you have Kobe playing 44 minutes, Jodie playing 30 minues, Duhon playing 30 minutes.......you have depth issues.....

3 players playing 104 minutes, when there is only 96 minutes total for the PG/SG spots, tells me we have depth issues.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

I definitely agree at this point. Morris has proven that he's not there and he might not ever get there. It's time to bring in West.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

I definitely agree at this point. Morris has proven that he's not there and he might not ever get there. It's time to bring in West.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am

therealdeal wrote:I definitely agree at this point. Morris has proven that he's not there and he might not ever get there. It's time to bring in West.

so i guess the majority of fans we're right when Glock was a much better player than morris.

i had doubt in myself, because mike brown is a PROFESSIONAL coach, there must of been something he saw that us fans didnt, but i guess he was basically just as good as evaluating talent as a 4 year old.
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 am

Actually I think choosing Morris over Glock wasn't necessarily wrong. Darius Johnson-Odom was really the one that was chosen over Goudelock and I think that was the right choice.

I say it was DJO because they're both undersized SGs that the team is/was going to try to make into a combo guard. I'm alright with the decision to pick DJO because the dude has been killing it in the D-League. He's had a few really explosive games, but he's averaging 20.4 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.6 assists, and 1.14 steals a game. That's pretty nice for a pocket sized James Harden player. We should see what he can do to help us.

I think the bigger mistake than letting go of Goudelock by far was letting go of Chris Doughlas-Roberts.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 am

I'm not giving D'Antoni a pass on managing minutes. In fact, I think he's being a coward or stupid (not sure which) in not sitting Kobe more.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:50 am

Kobe definitely should have sat out the 4th when we were up by 14 I think it was. Apparently Kobe wanted to stay in, but as a coach I think you need to make those decisions sometimes. Our bench has proved to be capable of extending leads before and it was the fricken Wizards
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard