Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 pm

I do think that he wanted to win badly, thats why d'antoni did what he did. And we did need that win, we lost four in a row, and looking like we were losing life. That win was a MUST. So I don't think its something that d'antoni will do consistently the way brown did. i'm somewhat ok with it this game. I just hope he doesn't make it a habit.
King of Clutch

Postby vaitimeri on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby thkthebest on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Some justification for playing Kobe so many minutes:

During the 43.5 minutes that Kobe played, Lakers outscored the Wizards by 17 points. During the measly 4.5 minutes that he was off the floor, Wizards outscored the Lakers by 11 points. :man10:

During the 44 minutes that Kobe played against the Knicks, the two teams were dead even. During the 4 minutes he was off the floor, Knicks outscored the Lakers by 9 points.

We need Nash back ASAP.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:31 pm

The sad thing is we all knew going into this season that one injury to one of the big four was going to cripple us, but I think a lot of us didn't want to think it would happen or expect it to hit so soon. I'm not sure why I am even surprised we're been so terrible. Kobe+Dwight at first glance should be getting you to at least .500 ball, but Dwight isn't even healthy and we've been paper thin with Nash, Pau, Blake and even Hill being out.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:The sad thing is we all knew going into this season that one injury to one of the big four was going to cripple us, but I think a lot of us didn't want to think it would happen or expect it to hit so soon. I'm not sure why I am even surprised we're been so terrible. Kobe+Dwight at first glance should be getting you to at least .500 ball, but Dwight isn't even healthy and we've been paper thin with Nash, Pau, Blake and even Hill being out.

Yeah, people keep saying how Kobe and Dwight alone should be enough to carry the team to victory most nights, but we really don't have much depth. The talent on this team is top heavy, and there's a pretty big drop off once you get past the big 4.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby jlkr on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:31 am

There are signs that D'Antoni is finally imposing his will on the team ... just in time for Gasol and Nash's return. Methinks the tide may have turned here.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 pm

“@Lakers: D’Antoni on the rotation w/ Pau: “Changes it up pretty good because I want Metta at the 4 a lot.” Gasol will be seeing time at the 5 too.”
Ariza3

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
“@Lakers: D’Antoni on the rotation w/ Pau: “Changes it up pretty good because I want Metta at the 4 a lot.” Gasol will be seeing time at the 5 too.”

It's like he's reading CL!!!!
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

LOL at the baby!!! So adorable. But yea, hopefully he actually does play more at the 5, and hopefully he capitalizes on this opportunity.
King of Clutch

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 pm

sucks for jamison though. i think he has to be aggressive in his limited minutes but we prob wont see him much until nash is back as he should thrive with nash playing with him and not so much without.

also sucks for hill backing up dwight and pau. his minutes will be non existent too with metta at the 4
Ariza3

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm

trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

dude that is the greatest GIF EVER!!! :man10: :bow:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Good. At least his rotations are better then Brown's.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby DHL on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm

D'Antoni system: Kobe Iso ball the entire game
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

10th different starting lineup :/

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

I thought our ball movement and passing got a lot better later in the game. And that stretch of defense during the comeback was amazing, so we know the team CAN do it, 'Anotoni got them to play it finally. Really I liked his defensive lineup tonight though, it was working and he rode them til the end, Morris, Meeks, Kobe, MWP, Howard/Pau, it worked.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm

I like his rotations, maybe we needed to play Jamison instead of Ebanks, I don't care if its at the 3. There's no reason why Ebanks should get any minutes over Jamison.

I liked his rotations though, would have liked for Pau to finish the game, but keeping Jodie in slid Kobe to the 3 & Metta to the 4 which made our offense more of a perimeter threat.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LooN3y on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:I like his rotations, maybe we needed to play Jamison instead of Ebanks, I don't care if its at the 3. There's no reason why Ebanks should get any minutes over Jamison.

I liked his rotations though, would have liked for Pau to finish the game, but keeping Jodie in slid Kobe to the 3 & Metta to the 4 which made our offense more of a perimeter threat.

im guessing its because jamison might be too slow to guard the 3, but offensively hell yea we should use AJ.

they should be interchangeable, i think that has to be it, whatever the situation fits, and they just need to be ready when they get the call.

i would love to see AJ post up smaller 3s and get some easy baskets
LooN3y

Postby Jellincon on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 pm

He really shortened the rotation tonight. Only 7 guys got significant minutes. Would've liked to see Jamison get some minutes.
Jellincon

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

He's taking a lot of wrong decisions for this team ... Metta at the 4 will hurt us on the boards ... something we are great at .

Playing at a fast pace , shooting a lot of 3s and putting an undersized lineup on the floor is playing to the complete opposite of this team strenghts ...

His reputation as an offensive genius is laughable ... we were taking bad ( most early in the possession) shot after bad shot without running any offense after we went up 6 in the fourth .

I didn't see any adjustments for the last 6 mins+
wcsoldier81

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 pm

31 3 balls and 7 straight games of 40+ minutes for Kob... :stunoice:

How awesome is Lakers basketball right now!?!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 am

I''m all for playing Metta at the 4 but he should still start at the 3. That was just stupid of Mike.

He can have rotations of Metta and Pau at the 4 & 5 without having to bench Metta...that was dumb i thought.

He needs to have strict rotations and we probably wont see that until Nash is back. I expect Jamison to play before Ebanks, and Metta to start at the 3 with Nash Kobe Pau and Dwight.

Nash/Morris (better D over Duhon but we'll see)
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Jamison
Pau/Metta
Dwight/Pau/Hill

It'll be tough to get guys like Jamison and Hill minutes but i think if Dantoni gets his rotations right then it can be done in which both will help a lot. Especialy Hill who is a huge energy guy which seems to always be lacking with our team
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 am

“@KamBrothers: D'Antoni said after the game that Jamison and Hill are both, for the time being, out of the rotation. MWP is the backup 4. AK”

“@KevinDing: Expect Kobe's days as the Lakers' starting shooting guard to end. Jodie Meeks likely will be starting there now, with Kobe to small forward.”

“@LakersReporter: Mike D'Antoni is considering starting Jodie Meeks. Really likes his play on both ends. He started 2nd half (Ebanks the first).”

“@LakersReporter: Since D'Antoni wants to leave MettaWP on the bench so he can play PF, D'Antoni doesn't mind starting Kobe/Meeks as the wings.”
Ariza3

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am

This coach is just all about offense ! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Offense, offense and more offense !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am

I just don't think it is wise to bench antawn and hill. Those guys can both give you production.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 am

Tonight we only have a 7 man rotation (Ebanks don't count, he only played 5 mins), this will not end well, guys gonna get worn out.

I hate this guy short rotation style. :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard