Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 am

So the rotation for the front court is going to be
Kobe/Artest
Gasol/Artest
Dwight/Gasol?

Seems kind of silly to make Kobe change positions while benching both Jamison and Hill, who both can contribute...
Would have been nice to just leave it at
Nash/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
Artest/Jamison or Kobe
Gasol/Artest or Jamison
Dwight/Gasol/Hill
GoldHammish

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:43 am

He's seeing who will work where line up wise to know what to trade for.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:44 am

jamison doesn't bring D but it seems like dantoni's rotations are about O so idk why Jamison and Hill are out of rotation. i hate when a coach changes one player (metta at the 4) and it ruins a ton of players playing time. Metta can play the 4 sometimes but i still think he should start and jamison and hill can come it.

hill definitely contributes and lately jamison hasnt but he most definitely can on O and had some improvement on D imo
Ariza3

Postby DHL on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 am

D'antoni the offensive genius can't figure out how to have Pau and Dwight be on the floor at the same time
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am

GoldenKnight wrote:I like his rotations, maybe we needed to play Jamison instead of Ebanks, I don't care if its at the 3. There's no reason why Ebanks should get any minutes over Jamison.

I liked his rotations though, would have liked for Pau to finish the game, but keeping Jodie in slid Kobe to the 3 & Metta to the 4 which made our offense more of a perimeter threat.

I think you're underrating how bad Jamison's defense has been.. Ebanks is terrible but he's still playing with much more energy.. Tawn hasn't seemed healthy to me, maybe just in a funk.. With Meeks increase in minutes sending Kobe to SF more & Ron to PF, I can see Jamison being the odd man out. If you need to add anything to those rotations, it's rebounding, which means we need Pau & Jordan Hill more than Jamison.
lakersin4

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:22 am

Hill rebounding and help D will be missed ... playing a SF at the 4 also means there is no rebounder left at the rim/in the paint when D12 helps on D and contests shots = lots of offensive rebounds for the opponent as it happened tonight
wcsoldier81

Postby thkthebest on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 am

I missed tonight's game. Wow. What the heck happened?

Ebanks starts? Artest is benched? Barely beat the Bobcats? No Jamison or Hill.
thkthebest

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:42 am

One thing that has really confused me about this Laker team under D'antoni is the pace. Didn't a lot of PHX success come from how fast they would inbound the ball after they got scored on? Why don't we do this? Why isn't it being stressed in practice?
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:47 am

wtf

i don't understand why he's keeping jamison and hill out. dan tony is all about O, and those guys can score off the bench and are proven. i just dont get it
:bang: :bang: :bang:
432J

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 am

Fire Pringles. Dude is no better than Brown was. It's bad enough that he's playing Dez Bryant 40 minutes a night, but now he's benched Hill and Jamison who have been by far our two most production bench players. WTF is wrong with this dude? :bang: :disagree:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ryder Havasu on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 am

MWP - Might Wish Pringles was never hired if this lineup change goes poo poo. Jordan Hill is already getting splinters. Jamison is probably regretting signing with us.
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am

I can kind of understand Mike's issue with Jamison. It's mostly his defense. He's too slow to defend 3's and he's not physical enough to defend 4's. Metta can defend both even at his age. And with Metta playing so well offensively this season and looking like he did in his Houston/Sactown days, Metta's versatility as a 2-way player simply outweighs what Jamison can give us at the backup 4.

That being said, I wouldn't mind kicking Ebanks to the curb and putting Jamison at the starting 3 spot instead. He's not a ball-stopper that Metta is, and he's much more experienced than Ebanks. Sure he's a defensive liability, but I don't see him getting a whole lot of minutes. His primary role would be to spell minutes for Pau and Metta.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 am

^^^^ What about Hill though
wcsoldier81

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:^^^^ What about Hill though

Hill's problem is on the offensive end. Outside of offensive rebounding, his production on that end of the court comes and goes. He's basically Jamison on that end of the floor. D'Antoni is looking for 2-way players to fill in the role-player positions. Mostly because outside of Dwight, the other core players aren't really bringing it defensively on a consistent basis.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 am

its just the role player pieces we have are good and would have been awesome if we had a different coach. it makes me believe that there will be trades of some sorts to bring in players that fit his system and take out those that dont.

i love jamison and hill and believe if given minutes they can help us even under this system...it just sucks that dantoni doesnt. hill can def help given his young age and high energy, jamison i feel wont get the minutes.

hill backing up pau or dwight i feel would prob be better than metta but what do i know
Ariza3

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 am

Eight man rotation starting in December?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby MC on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 am

lol..... why is anyone shocked about these moves........ this is classic MDA...... Mr. byte my nose to spite my face to a tee.......

I'm ok with Metta at the 4 and Bryant at the 3 for certain stretches but as the feature?......... just a move that takes this team further away from it's original core construction and a hole lot closer to fantasy land......

Nash better be a miracle worker because MDA is already running out of his bag of tricks with all that girth of offensive knowledge he has lol.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 am

i hate this guy, and i might starting hating pringles because of him
LooN3y

Postby Juronimo on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:51 am

I really wish Phil was our coach.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 am

Juronimo wrote:I really wish Phil was our coach.

:man5:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am

DarthRekal wrote:
Juronimo wrote:I really wish Phil was our coach.

:man5:

Or Sloan, or McMillan, or Shaw or Adelman. Any of those guys I would have greatly preferred.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 am

can someone make me a Garbage sig?

I think it's time
Center Court

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am

MC wrote:lol..... why is anyone shocked about these moves........ this is classic MDA...... Mr. byte my nose to spite my face to a tee.......

I'm ok with Metta at the 4 and Bryant at the 3 for certain stretches but as the feature?......... just a move that takes this team further away from it's original core construction and a hole lot closer to fantasy land......

Nash better be a miracle worker because MDA is already running out of his bag of tricks with all that girth of offensive knowledge he has lol.

MDA will not change his system and like others have said he does not have the players to run this system, so he is looking for a lineup that fits the speed. Moving Metta to the 4 and Kobe to the 3 will work against some teams but will fail against others. Again MDA knows that this team cannot play his style of high energy basketball and be asked to play defense. All of the NBA knows that, and you can see the fatigue in the legs after the 2nd quarters. They push push push on offense to try to get a large lead, but if it doesn't work they have nothing left for defense, the opposition (particularly those with quick guards) will run them back at full speed. Defensively they have no chance at that point they simply cannot keep up. Starting Meeks, with Duhon and Kobe at 3, Metta at 4 helps, but it's just a temporary patch on the sinking Titanic. Now Nash will help obviously by taking some of the leg work on offense out of others and hopefully make things efficient, but again teams will continue to push back as hard as possible forcing the Lakers to play high speed defense. Nash will not be a miracle worker, there is just so much he can do with the players he's got. No matter how much MDA tries he simply doesn't have the youth and speed in his personnel to keep this up for 48 minutes.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

phil wouldn't have done anything this idiotic with the rotations

just saying....
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

MC wrote:lol..... why is anyone shocked about these moves........ this is classic MDA...... Mr. byte my nose to spite my face to a tee.......

Teams like OKC and the Heat (among others) are laughing right now watching us turned into a smallball team ... they basically don't have to worry about our only clear advantage we've had over them at all anymore .

There is a very good chance we miss the playoffs if the small ball lasts until the end of the season
I
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard