Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

dude on the lakers page he LITERALLY said.. Hill Jamison and Ebanks will be outside looking in :man4:

why cant he play MORE subs? i dont get this dude.. its not the playoffs yet.. why do we sign FIFTEEN guys if we are only playing eight.. this dude is a MESS :bang:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm

the only person on the list that should see no time is ebanks. you HAVE to find a way to use hill and jamison. would be just stupid otherwise. d'antoni must realize sooner or later that he has to start tweaking his system to the personnel, and not vice versa. otherwise we'll be boned.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:38 pm

DarthRekal wrote:dude on the lakers page he LITERALLY said.. Hill Jamison and Ebanks will be outside looking in :man4:

A coach purposely said to the media his players would not get minutes and is out of the rotation entirely no matter what, good job DAntoni, way to destroy Hill, Jamison and Ebanks confidence and demolish their morale.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm

DarthRekal wrote:dude on the lakers page he LITERALLY said.. Hill Jamison and Ebanks will be outside looking in :man4:

why cant he play MORE subs? i dont get this dude.. its not the playoffs yet.. why do we sign FIFTEEN guys if we are only playing eight.. this dude is a MESS :bang:

:disagree: It's like Mike Brown revisited. Only this time he has a vendetta against the forwards instead of the guards.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby solenstyle on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

I hate Jim Buss and his hired coaches.
solenstyle

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Gasol Has More Issue With D'Antoni's System Than Playing With Howard

Dec 19, 2012 11:10 AM EST

Pau Gasol returned to the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup after missing eight games due to knee tendinitis. Gasol had 10 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four blocks in the Lakers' win over the Bobcats.

"I don't find (playing with Howard) tough," Gasol said. "It's more the system right now that makes it tough at times, because (D'Antoni) wants four guys to be spread and one interior guy and it's a guard-oriented system, so that makes it tough.

"I think there's enough looks for both of us. But again, it's not a system that you post up a lot, so we'll see. We've just got to figure it out, but if you've got two great post-up players, you've got to utilize it."

"It's Pau who has to expand his game, and he'll expand out in the corner threes and he needs to take a couple, and we'll get him in the post when we can," D'Antoni said, emphasizing those last three words.

WTF ! maybe I am misunderstood his statement but does he really urges Pau Gasol to expand his game out to the corner whereby the biggest stength for Pau is post up ! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I hate this guy system, one post player and 4 perimeter players on the court all the time, there is no balance whatsoever, where is the defense ? If you can shoot the ball, you will start and get to play for me (Meeks), if you play defense, hustle on board (Hill, MWP) but not a good shooter, I bench you.

We have so many post player (D12, Pau, Kobe, MWP) but we need to adjust to DAntoni system for his perimeter guard oriented offense instead of him adjusting based on our personnel. Live by 3 dive by 3 I don't want to see us slowly becoming a shooting team !
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby solenstyle on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm

I said it was worrying that D'antoni said post ups are the least efficient moves in basketball. The guy clearly doesn't value inside out play.
solenstyle

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

This offense is indeed a complete joke. They jack up all those 3s because this clown's offensive philosophy is to score before the defense sets. Which of course leads to long rebounds and run outs for younger, faster players like KEMBA WALKER and RAMON SESSIONS. If they don't get a shot off before the defense sets, their only option is the pick and roll at the top of the key while everyone else stands around waiting for a kick out.

A team like Miami is just going to trap Nash on the pick and roll and just completely neutralize the offense. :bang:
Greatest of All Time

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:15 pm

W.....T......F is he doing? He really is not going to figure out how to use what we have here? He really is that insane to think he's going to put the blinders on and run a short rotation all season long plus trying to re-invent that young Phoenix team with much different and older, slower guys, and then win in the playoffs? I hated the hiring over Phil but have been keeping an open mind. Done. We're done. Another effing season down the drain and the stress on this one with Kobe and Dwight in the midst of sucking in the playoffs if we even get there... Dwight is gone. Handwriting's on the wall. Way to go Dan Tony. After Mike Brown I thought there was some hope because you were "an offensive genius". You've turned me into glass is half empty guy from always the opposite. Way to go Jimbo and Pop if you signed off on him over Phil too. And put the gun to Mitch's head. This has to be a bad dream.
LTLakerFan

Postby Nikez on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm confident Mike will figure out a way to help get us to where we need to be. He is no fool, if something is not working he will try to make the proper adjustments and give us the best chance to win.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Oh yeah he sure sounds like he's going to figure it out with the most recent quotes. Pau on the corner 3 line. Metta playing his best ball.... to the bench. Hill valuable but doesn't fit. :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Nikez wrote:I'm confident Mike will figure out a way to help get us to where we need to be. He is no fool, if something is not working he will try to make the proper adjustments and give us the best chance to win.

Carmela Anthony ran him out of New York because he refused to adjust his offense. Now they're running an adjusted version of his offense and have a pretty good record even without Amara and Shumpert.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Nikez on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 am

Greatest of All Time wrote:
Nikez wrote:I'm confident Mike will figure out a way to help get us to where we need to be. He is no fool, if something is not working he will try to make the proper adjustments and give us the best chance to win.

Carmela Anthony ran him out of New York because he refused to adjust his offense. Now they're running an adjusted version of his offense and have a pretty good record even without Amara and Shumpert.

Ran him out? Do you have any proof of this? In every interview I heard from melo last year he sang nothing but praises for him and was sad to see him go
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 am

He's asking the players to adapt to his system ... he's not going to make adjustments at all.. he never did
wcsoldier81

Postby Nikez on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:

He's asking the players to adapt to his system ... he's not going to make adjustments at all

And they should, but he should be able to make the little tweaks within the system to utilize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses, it is still going to take longer than 2 months for us to start looking really good...

Nikez

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 am

Nikez wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:

He's asking the players to adapt to his system ... he's not going to make adjustments at all

And they should, but he should be able to make the little tweaks within the system to utilize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses, it is still going to take longer than 2 months for us to start looking really good...

His system minimizes our stengths and maximizes our weaknesses .... the adjustments he just made rotations wise are just stupid
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 am

MDA is not a bad coach... he's just a terrible coach for this team. He'd be great with the Clippers. Good with Portland. Could probably get a lot out of BK.

But for this team, with 2 dominant post playing big men, a fierce scorer on the perimeter, scorers, defenders, rebouders, and vets all over the place he's not the rright fit. Just having Nash here doesn't make it all work. Though it'll hopefully help.

MWP at the backup 4 means no Jamison or Hill.

I'll admit I was one person who thought he'd be able to make things work but making adjustments and tweaking to fit this roster, but apparently he's not. Pau is a 3 point shooter and Dwight is a Tyson Chandler. As long as others hit shots, he's happy.

Seriously, if Mike Brown could have just balanced scoring rotations with defensive rotations, dropped the whole Princeton crap and let Steve run things, he'd be a better fit.
Center Court

Postby Center Court on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Nikez wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:

His system minimizes our stengths and maximizes our weaknesses .... the adjustments he just made rotations wise are just stupid

ding ding ding

He's taking the best and deepest front court in the NBA, amd turing into the worst. Making our starting SFo into the back up forward and making a 6th stretch 4 and a hustling 4/5 into roster irrelevants. Also taking our weakest area, guard depth, and turning them into the keys to success.

awful, just awful.
Center Court

Postby Center Court on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Nikez wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:

ding ding ding

He's taking the best and deepest front court in the NBA, amd turing into the worst. Making our starting SFo into the back up forward and making a 6th stretch 4 and a hustling 4/5 into roster irrelevants. Also taking our weakest area, guard depth, and turning them into the keys to success.

awful, just awful.
Center Court

Postby Helljumper on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 am

Calm down guys. D'antoni's not going to stick with a line-up if it's clearly ineffective. It's early. Once Nash gets back, the rotations will naturally smooth out. If we stick with Meeks in the starting line-up/MWP playing back-up forward/Hill and Jamison not getting rotation minutes and we're not winning games, then Jamison and Hill will get an opportunity to reclaim their spot in the rotation. If we do start winning a lot of games with this line up ... then who cares. Stop criticizing the guy because his offensive philosophy doesn't match up with the "championship" philosophy that the media constantly force feeds us. "Defense wins championships", "Feed the bigs", etc. Yeah, these are neat little cliches, but there's no way these 3-word-phrases can actually sum up what it takes to win a 'ship. Give him a chance to show us what his system can do for our fully healthy roster.

Individually, none of these rotation changes are as bad as you guys are making it out. Meeks has been playing amazing and spaces the floor very well. The whole point of having Jamison is a stretch four ... well, if we put Metta at the 4, he's an even better stretch 4 who can also play much better defense.

Trying to feature two big men in the post isn't going to work. Our championship squads were Pau at C and Odom playing "stretch 4"/"playmaker". The "twin towers" system never worked for us. Yes, clogging the paint by trying to always dump it down to Pau AND Dwight in the post might be what's best for Pau's stats, but then the offense de-volves into bring the ball down the court and throw it into the post. The game slows down and the rest of our roster isn't that great at playing off the ball when the ball's inside. They stand around and watch, hoping/anticipating that Pau/Dwight can use their skills in the post to score instead of the fluid ball movement around the perimeter we've frequently seen this year that gets everyone involved.

And that's not even accounting for the fact that PAU IS NO LONGER AN ELITE PLAYER IN THE POST. HE IS NOT A CENTER AND HE HAS NOT BEEN FOR A WHILE. He avoids contact and doesn't fight to establish good position in the post. He takes fade-aways and mid-range shots instead of hooks and this is Pau's choice, not D'antoni's design.
Helljumper

Postby MC on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 am

Helljumper - even though some of those media "force fed" imformation is basic there is some truth to it....

list all the teams that have won titles without a post presence and I think you will find that list is AWFULLY short.

This small ball stuff kind of reminds me of the NFL and this so called "passing league" it has become..... funny how in this "passing league" the teams that can threaten the run STILL are the teams that are near the top of the standings and it will be one of them that wins the SB. For every Rams pass happy team that won I can list 20 teams that did it with the threat of a running game and slowing down other teams offenses.

Same here in basketball........... as run happy and P&R happy this league has become I'll still take the big man down low and I'll take my double digit championship formula over a 1 in a 100 formula no matter how pretty that ball looks or how many fantasy stats it piles up.

MDA is a joke, always has been and always will be unless he gets the perfect storm for him which is a pure, ball dominant PG that isn't as old as dirt.

There is no doubt that this will look better with Nash in there and the reasoning is simple.... Nash is MDA's offensive genius....... that genius does not exist within MDA's mind...... MDA's genius is in the way he's ridden Nash's coat tails for the little bit of success he's had at this level. He showed that in NY and his driving home that point here in LA lol
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Helljumper on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 am

But we're not playing "small ball". We're not abandoning all post presence. We're finding a balance between the two. The best center in the league is still an integral part of our offense. It's not like we're starting a line-up of Nash/Meeks/Kobe/Ebanks/MWP. Some of you are acting like the ONLY way to win is by having two 7 footers dominate the paint offensively. That's simply not true.

2011 Mavericks - Perimeter Shooting "Stretch" 4 who avoids the post (Dirk/Pau), defensive Center who relies on putbacks and oops (Chandler/Dwight), surrounded by shooters.

2012 Heat - Strong SF converted into PF (Lebron/MWP), "Finesse" PF/C (Bosh/Pau), surrounded by shooters

The league is changing (due in part to D'antoni's influence with Phoenix). It doesn't matter what used to account for success. The personel in the league has changed and the game is being played differently. Are you saying that nearly every GM/coach in the league is incompetent because they're choosing to go a bit smaller instead of trying to assemble rosters that feature a "twin towers" interior presence?
Helljumper

Postby noobiew on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 am

Everyone also say that Mike DAntoni is a offensive genius, then why can't he adjusts out a scheme to work and play both Dwight & Pau in the low post ? Why can't he figures it out how to utilize your two best front court players to their full potential ?

Offensive genius lol
noobiew

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

MC wrote:list all the teams that have won titles without a post presence and I think you will find that list is AWFULLY short.

1. Dallas- 2011. And please don't say Dirk, he was shooting outside jumpers almost exclusively and he's been doing that for years now.
2. Miami- 2012. Bosh? :man10:

Just because it hasn't worked in the past as much, doesn't mean it can't work ever. Heck you could argue that Jordan was the only post presence of those Bulls teams and that wasn't until later in his career.

But more importantly: just because D'Antoni isn't a fan of posting up, doesn't mean he WON'T post up guys that want/need to be posted up. Dwight for example is getting post touches all the time. Less than he should, but still plenty of touches.

So D'Antoni isn't a huge fan of post ups... Big whoop. I'll be more concerned when Dwight goes a game without seeing the ball inside.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

noobiew wrote:Everyone also say that Mike DAntoni is a offensive genius, then why can't he adjusts out a scheme to work and play both Dwight & Pau in the low post ? Why can't he figures it out how to utilize your two best front court players to their full potential ?

Offensive genius lol

offensive genius?
:man10: :man10: :man10:

more like offensive dumbf***
432J

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard