Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby Weezy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Yeah, I might be asking way too much wanting him to call out Kobe publicly, but if he hasn't during practice or at the very least privately to Kobe, then he's just not doing his job. Kobe can't be allowed to play D like that, he can't roam so bad that he cannot recover, especially if his ankle is slowing down on getting back to his man at all. It's bad enough if he's at full strength, but if he CAN'T recover due to physical limitations then he shouldn't be roaming in the first place.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Herm24 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:09 pm

There's only a handful of coaches that can control Kobe and D'Antoni ain't one of them .. It's never a good thing when Kobe's dictating what plays to run or doing as he pleases .. He'll correct himself now from time to time bc he's a vet and he's so experienced but only Phil can keep him under wraps .. We've seen how we flamed out with the other coaches Rudy T, Mike Brown, and now Mike D .. It's esp tough in the playoffs .. Hopefully I'm wrong .. Would love to Mike D an assistant .. Lol .. I do think he draws up great plays out of timeouts
Herm24

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Weezy wrote:Yeah, I might be asking way too much wanting him to call out Kobe publicly, but if he hasn't during practice or at the very least privately to Kobe, then he's just not doing his job. Kobe can't be allowed to play D like that, he can't roam so bad that he cannot recover, especially if his ankle is slowing down on getting back to his man at all. It's bad enough if he's at full strength, but if he CAN'T recover due to physical limitations then he shouldn't be roaming in the first place.

Yah. For all the Kobe love, I agree. D has got to improve, and he's got to be called out for it.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

I can't wait for some intelligent poster to claim that this was not Coach Pringles' fault
Chillbongo

Postby noobiew on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Mike D'Antoni has ruined our team starting lineup chemistry, Earl Clark was given us energy, defense, offense, rebounds, youth, spacing and hustle that the starting lineup lacking and you take him out of the starting lineup and start a double twin centers Dwight and Pau lineup together on the floor ? a proven failed experiment pair ?

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

1st time I've been really angry at him...the rotation he had going was working why ruin that bringing in Gasol into the starting lineup. Bring Pau off the bench, start Clark

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm

lol at pau starting. he's starting his period alright
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 am

Why the F is Pau starting when the reason we started winning was because we were bringing him off the bench and playing Clark to spread the floor?

Makes no sense -- Pau just came off a somewhat severe injury and wasn't starting before ... but now all of a sudden he is? :bang:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby themasterphil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am

I will be pleased to see this man fired. To put Pau in starting 5 in situation when he is back from injury and his fitness is bad is enough reason to be fired NOW. WTF is he thinking??
themasterphil

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:01 am

I think the Pau experiment has failed.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:36 am

karacha wrote:I think the Pau experiment has failed.

I think Pau has failed.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 am

That too. Fortunately, we won't have to discuss it anymore after this season.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 am

:man10: DanTony needs to grow a pair and bench Gasol
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote::man10: DanTony needs to grow a pair and bench Gasol

Would Kobe be OK with it though?
kenzo

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 am

Maybe he just wants to let Pau start while he's rusty & struggling, so that when he benches him the fans won't be in an uproar again.
lakersin4

Postby Center Court on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 am

Okay, so let's have a debate:

Does anyone think that MDA will get fired this off-season and if so what is the move?

It's hard to say without knowing how we do in playoff time, but clearly it's not a good fit and won't ever be a good fit. Anything we do in the playoffs, is going to be based of our talent and experience. Brass thought MDA would be a better fit for Howard and particularly, Nash. Dwight despises the system and Nash can't run it the way he used to.

Is PJ revisited? Do we try and find the next Pat Riley? Find an experienced coach who become available? Ride with MDA yet again?
Center Court

Postby gcclaker on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 am

Bryant and Nash probably talked D'Antoni into starting Gasol... The former wants to rekindle that groove they had before while the latter has talked of working with him too and trying it out.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

he looks lost pregame, on the sidelines, and postgame

this coach is in waaaaaay over his head...it's a shame that he'll probably be given another season
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

Pau in the starting lineup, and...at PF at all, really screwed up the good rhythm we had going from Blake and Jamison. Pau at PF means less minutes and different lineups to get acquianted with for Jamison, more time at the SF for Clark, which means less time for Kobe at the SF, and less time for Blake at SG. The Nash/Blake /Kobe/Jamison/Howard lineup was really clicking.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

Center Court wrote:Okay, so let's have a debate:

Does anyone think that MDA will get fired this off-season and if so what is the move?

It's hard to say without knowing how we do in playoff time, but clearly it's not a good fit and won't ever be a good fit. Anything we do in the playoffs, is going to be based of our talent and experience. Brass thought MDA would be a better fit for Howard and particularly, Nash. Dwight despises the system and Nash can't run it the way he used to.

Is PJ revisited? Do we try and find the next Pat Riley? Find an experienced coach who become available? Ride with MDA yet again?

I think it's more likely we trade Pau for players that fit better with D'antoni. I don't think Phil would take the job but if he hinted that he was open to it, I'd hope we do that. Adelman could be available if he doesn't decide to retire due to his wife's health.
lakersin4

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 am

The biggest thing we had going in the last month and a half when Pau was out was belief...even when we were losing games they were fighting tooth and nail. I see self doubt in there now. Not good. I really want to see what we do tomorrow, if MDA still starts Pau after all he's seen last 2 games and the entire year, I'm in the fire MDA group. You know its not working so have the balls to make the adjustment instead of trying to please Kobe/Nash or even Pau himself

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

lakersin4 wrote:
Center Court wrote:Okay, so let's have a debate:

I think it's more likely we trade Pau for players that fit better with D'antoni. I don't think Phil would take the job but if he hinted that he was open to it, I'd hope we do that. Adelman could be available if he doesn't decide to retire due to his wife's health.

if we dont trade Pau on draft night for picks and a couple of small contracts we're gonna amnesty him...Dwight is gonna get $20 mil, Kobe $30 mil, Clark is due for an extension and then you sitll gotta fill out the rest of the roster..salary dropping would be the Number 1 priority in any transactions involving Pau, if we cant trade him and bring back less salary in return we're gonna amnesty him. No way we carry him around through the summer and next year and pay a hefty tax penalty

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 pm

BDG wrote:Makes no sense -- Pau just came off a somewhat severe injury and wasn't starting before ... but now all of a sudden he is?

Desperate Measures 2: Starring Mike D'Antoni
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 am

Punk-101 wrote:Pau in the starting lineup, and...at PF at all, really screwed up the good rhythm we had going from Blake and Jamison. Pau at PF means less minutes and different lineups to get acquianted with for Jamison, more time at the SF for Clark, which means less time for Kobe at the SF, and less time for Blake at SG. The Nash/Blake /Kobe/Jamison/Howard lineup was really clicking.

Yep. I've got to believe he had pressure from someone somewhere to make this decision. Someone HAD to tell him "hey you've got Gasol you're using him wrong".

Gasol off the bench was a risky move earlier in the season, it actually paid off. Now when there's EVERY excuse to take him off the bench, you force him into the starting lineup? What the ****?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:33 am

his tenure here feels almost errily similar to his last days in NY with his winning streak with Lin and then having to figure or based on his history being unable to figure out how to reintegrate Melo back into the team game just like he having issues with Pau.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard