Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: Rambo! (130)

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 pm

@MarkG_Medina: Shawne Williams said he's starting tomorrow. So much for Mike D'Antoni being secretive

Nice try 'Antoni. :man10: Unless that's an intentional leak by Shawne, instructed to do so by coach, hiding the move that can't be planned for and changes the whole game, starting Kaman. :man4: That would force the Clippers to... still start Griffin and change absolutely nothing about how they play!
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Helljumper on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Weezy wrote:
@MarkG_Medina: Shawne Williams said he's starting tomorrow. So much for Mike D'Antoni being secretive

Nice try 'Antoni. :man10: Unless that's an intentional leak by Shawne, instructed to do so by coach, hiding the move that can't be planned for and changes the whole game, starting Kaman. :man4: That would force the Clippers to... still start Griffin and change absolutely nothing about how they play!

:man10: Obviously keeping your starting lineup a secret isn't THAT important (although I disagree with you that it makes NO difference, since clearly the Clippers would have a different defensive gameplan for Shawne Williams than Chris Kaman), it's just funny that you hate D'antoni so much that you're bashing him for when he chooses to publicly announce the starters, which you admit really doesn't make any difference.
Helljumper

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Its all a lie... Coach D is starting Nash, Blake, Farmar, Meeks and Young at Center. We gonna run the Clips out of the gym.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Helljumper wrote:
Weezy wrote:

:man10: Obviously keeping your starting lineup a secret isn't THAT important (although I disagree with you that it makes NO difference, since clearly the Clippers would have a different defensive gameplan for Shawne Williams than Chris Kaman), it's just funny that you hate D'antoni so much that you're bashing him for when he chooses to publicly announce the starters, which you admit really doesn't make any difference.

I find it funnier when anyone defends him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

wanted pau to camp out in the 3 point line while dwight "unleashes" his "post game" down low, played a 38 year old, 35 year old, and 33 year old a ridiculous amount of minutes running them to the ground and trying to make them "run", though this was the second coming of of showtime, hates going to the post has arguably 2 top 10 post players on roster (kobe & gasoft), wants jordan to be come a stretch 4 and shoot 3's, want wesley johnson to play tons of minutes at the 4.

whats next?

on a scale of 1-10, if mike brown is a 1, mda is a 3.
LooN3y

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:26 pm

janis carr ‏@janiscarr 4m
Williams said D'Antoni spends 70 percent of defense and 30 percent on offense. Different from his days in NYC
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

janis carr ‏@janiscarr 4m
Shawne Williams (Lakers starting PF, for those who dont know) says MDA has "take a tremendous step away from offense."
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

I have to give him credit, he stuck with the bench when they were on fire, called smart timeouts and never let their lead get out of control, and if they say he's working on defense I can't argue, the bench is clearly playing it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Alright, have to give some credit for the tonight's game. He did not stick with a set rotation. Instead he gave the opportunity to the youngsters and they delivered. He needs to reduce Nash's minutes and just ask him to shoot the ball here and there. More Farmar, more X. But overall, good job MDA. No kidding.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

I thought we played crappy for three quarters, and caught fire in the 4th. Very poor ball movement, but the three carried us. It won't be there every night, but tonight it was great. It will be interesting to see how this style works against better teams later on.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby charvin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 pm

It takes faith and was a gutsy call to ride the "hot" hand of the bench crew. I was pretty worried that the starters might come back.
charvin

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

charvin wrote:It takes faith and was a gutsy call to ride the "hot" hand of the bench crew. I was pretty worried that the starters might come back.

I agree. You guys know how much I dislike D' Antoni, but I'll give credit where it's due. He did the very smart thing and gutsy thing by leaving the bench mob out there for the whole fourth. It paid off!!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 12 min
D'Antoni: "You could feel the energy of guys rooting for one another. Last year it was cold"
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:50 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 12 min
D'Antoni: "You could feel the energy of guys rooting for one another. Last year it was cold"

:jam2:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 pm

116 points and wow was it fun to watch with all that energy and enthusiasm...
BUT, Game 1 in October vs Game 1 in April #MDAsMO
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks for leaving Dwight.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Like I've been saying with a few other guys here (karacha comes immediately to mind) say what you want about D'Antoni, but this team is built perfectly for what he wants. Young bodies, athletic guys, green lights for all of them. One-on-one scorers and hard workers abound with floor spacers... It's a D'Antoni team for sure.

This is the kind of basketball we're going to see a lot of this season. Exciting. Not always winning, but exciting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bnr034 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

karacha wrote:Alright, have to give some credit for the tonight's game. He did not stick with a set rotation. Instead he gave the opportunity to the youngsters and they delivered. He needs to reduce Nash's minutes and just ask him to shoot the ball here and there. More Farmar, more X. But overall, good job MDA. No kidding.

He also played more than 7 players :jam2:
bnr034

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:116 points and wow was it fun to watch with all that energy and enthusiasm...

I'm watching for entertainment this season, if you truly expect us to win anything significant this season I just think you're expecting too much. Of course the goal is always championship, but I don't feel that's realistic this season, I just want to have some fun watching my team, so far so good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Expect championships and play for them every year, especially if you have a generational player on your roster...

Otherwise, what's the point?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby GNC on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Weezy wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:116 points and wow was it fun to watch with all that energy and enthusiasm...

I'm watching for entertainment this season, if you truly expect us to win anything significant this season I just think you're expecting too much. Of course the goal is always championship, but I don't feel that's realistic this season, I just want to have some fun watching my team, so far so good.

What Weezy said. If we are not going to be contenders (which is fine in my book) at least show some chemistry and have some fun out there, which translates into some entertainment for us fans. This game was a heck of a lot better than anything from last year!
GNC

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Expect championships and play for them every year...especially if you have a generational player on your roster...

Otherwise, what's the point?

Entertainment. Building for the future by finding young talent that is worth developing. Not every season can be a championship season, that's just not how it works, but it's still fun to watch. If teams with no chance of winning a title were pointless to watch I would have missed quite a few Laker seasons. When you're in a sort of rebuild, and your generational player is coming back off a ruptured achilles, I don't think lowered expectations are that bad.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Weezy wrote:

Well said Weezy, anything significant we win would be adding to expectations & therefore extra sweet, but I'm just glad I can once again enjoy my team

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm gonna say it, MDA coached well.

Well timed time outs during runs.

Leaving the bench in.

Only playing Wes at the 4 was a bit of a problem.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 pm

I see everything wrong in playing this way. Or are 3 airballs coming from a young'n in the playoffs, not convincing enough? Had Kobe just pushed the pedal to the metal and gone 48 mins. right out the gate, he would have flamed out a long time ago and he wouldn't be the champion he is today.

He even had a chance to go up and down and 3ball away with Rudy T at the helm, but outright demanded that the more methodical triangle come back.

You grow youth that way....the right way....otherwise, you're just wasting talent and their potential. MDA makes for exciting basketball, but frankly parades and putting up the Clips 7th and 8th man to cover the rafters, excites me more.

Its a waste of god damn time, to be honest....but hey, different strokes for different folks.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Well, it's how Kobe learned though right?

Those airballs shows what type of conditioning is needed to play at the NBA level. Kobe was a HS kid who went from playing 30-40 total games to 82+. These young guys haven't had that experience either.

Should MDA play these guys the way he did tonight every night? Of course not, but they were hot and were riding them.

We'll see the effects of that tomorrow in the b2b but this an emotional win for this team.

I hope MDA realizes the depth he has on this team, and to trust them like he did tonight.

This is just one win, but damn did it feel (and look) good.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard