Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby 432J on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Armani wrote:Serious question... is he better than Bernie?

of course not

this team played great under bernie and it looked like they were having fun while doing it. under dan tony it seems like none of these guys get along

it's a shame bernie didn't want the job or else he would have been alot better than that POS dan tony
432J

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 am

I think the sample size of Bernie is too small to draw to any conclusions. Could've been that the players were excited about Brown being gone and won off of energy. But what i can say for sure is that the current system does not fit this team and anyone with any basketball commonsense can see this. This coach isn't even giving our players a chance.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 am

i wouldnt mind if he "resigned for personal reasons"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:06 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i wouldnt mind if he "resigned for personal reasons"
432J

Postby Center Court on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 am

any predictions from here?

make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th, get ousted in the first or second. then what?

how do you keep Dwight here? How do you maximize Kobe, Nash, Gasol and go for a ring?

Something tells me MDA does none of those... JVG would probably be the best choice of coach.
Center Court

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 am

i really do hope dan tony resigns like he did in NY
432J

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 am

Lakerjones wrote:Even if I don't like D' Antoni, I'm with Weezy, I hate TJ SLIMERS. I can't stand that guy's "writing."

Me too. I just slapped the bleep out of myself for posting it. Even if the thought of Phil and All Day Every Day texting each other and laughing over Pringles doing a big belly flop seemed funny at the time..... :man5:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I think the sample size of Bernie is too small to draw to any conclusions. Could've been that the players were excited about Brown being gone and won off of energy. But what i can say for sure is that the current system does not fit this team and anyone with any basketball commonsense can see this. This coach isn't even giving our players a chance.

Much as I disliked Potato as our coach, now in hindsight I kind of wonder how Dwight and Hill and Gasol again, with this new combination, maybe could have worked with his brilliant pre-Princeton scheme of handing them the ball at the top of the 3 point line to get into the offense. Dwight might have thrived....... :man1: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 am

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am

Weezy wrote:I don't like 'Antoni, but I hate Simers, so I didn't enjoy that read, he's a clown. 'Antoni isn't getting anything out of Pau, yeah well neither did Mike Brown or Phil Jackson in his last season here, so that's 3 coaches same result. So how is that on 'Antoni? IMO it's not, Simers is a joke of a writer and from everything I've seen a pathetic person, he's probably still mad that 'Antoni got mad at him and told him he was starting to piss him off during a post-game interview.

This is for Punk too......

3 coaches "tried" to get what they could out of Pau?

funny, because outside of Phil who had a tired team (not just Pau), I'm not sure the other 2 coaches tried anything to get Pau going. Asking a 7 foot center to play stretch 4 is not trying anything..... it's force feeding a system you are not designed for as a roster. At least Brown figured that out and TRIED to implement the Princeton but of course our shoot from the hip owner had to intervene and F**k it all up with a 180 degree u-turn in philosophy like a Bi-polar teenybopper.

I think Pau is nothing but a scapegoat at this time for the absolutely horrible coaching hires by 2 buffoons as it relates to any basketball knowledge. The more these buffoons flex their basketball abilities the more it undermines the only basketball mind we have near the top in the GM.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:35 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I don't even blame the lack of D really on him. This team wasn't good on D before he got here, then they became decent after he got here, and now they have hit rock bottom. It's just clear they have either no ability to play defense or don't even understand how to do it properly

It's just funny at this point.

really? Howard, MWP just forgot how to D up?

more like every bit of energy and concentration has gone towards learning not only 1 offense but 2 within the span of 3 months

lmfao....

that is the issue............... and they have nothing to hang their hats on because of it.

guys just forgot how to play D lol............

The offense is STILL majority of their defensive issues really.......... TO, transition scoring is off of horrible offense........ sure they've been pedestrian in the half court D but what's getting them in trouble is the TO to transition opportunities created by an unbalanced and out of sync offense...... That is what has them falling behind in a huge way, especially when the genius offensive plan is to get open looks from the perimeter with a less than stellar jump shooting team. Long rebounds+ Turnovers = easy pickings for the opponent. No real offensive success or trust within it after spending all your time on it = DEFLATING which than = to lack luster energy on the other end......
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MC

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:35 am

Um, ok. You really think Pau isn't a shell of his former self no matter how you use him I don't know what to tell you. Post him up, make him a shooter, he sucks by his standards either way now and he has since the 2011 playoffs. If you believe otherwise that's fine, I wish it were so, but I don't see any proof.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 am

play jamison more! we get so many wide open jumpers for our PF's and jamison would be drilling them all game i think. we need to play him more bc the ones that pau and hill get would be the same for jamison i feel playing with nash. plus hes an excellent cutter and off ball mover so it would only help with ball movement when the offense gets stale
Ariza3

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:42 am

Weezy wrote:Um, ok. You really think Pau isn't a shell of his former self no matter how you use him I don't know what to tell you. Post him up, make him a shooter, he sucks by his standards either way now and he has since the 2011 playoffs. If you believe otherwise that's fine, I wish it were so, but I don't see any proof.

Well, he is not as good..... should he be as he ages past his prime?

However...... you can't honestly say either coach outside of jackson even has made an attempt to get what they can out of him.

Ask yourself this..... why can Gasol still operate at a high level for the Spanish team while playing beside another Big in Marc Gasol?
You know a team that still shows they believe in him and actually ask him to operate out of his more natural spots....... and again with another BIG starting beside him........

To me that is proof he can still play and be used much more effectively....... but not for 2 of the worse coaches the NBA has spit out..... yes MDA is one of the worse. Bad philosophy that needs a ball dominant GREAT PG to even have a chance to operate..... that is JUNIOR LEAGUE genius at his best.

maybe it's the coaching hires............. just maybe
MC

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 am

I honestly think Pau plays well for Spain because of motivation, I think he has zero fire left for an NBA title but national pride is always there. We have put Pau in his natural spots here from time this season and he's been awful most of the time, shooting something like 30% in the paint. To me that's him playing weak, soft, whatever you want to call it, he doesn't take it strong anymore. The days of Pau fighting for buckets in the paint like in '09 and '10 are gone, but all I see is a lack of fire to be that. Sure he could get the ball in the post more, but what's the point when he's just gonna shoot a fadeaway instead of fighting for a lay in or easy hook shot like he used to.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

Weezy -

So you admit gasol is capable than? you admit the guy that plaed between last years NBA season and this years still was capable of playing high end ball at his position for someone? than how can you come to the conclusion he's shot and the coaching and system philosophy is not the issue the last 2 years? there is one common thread here....the two coaches that have been here are stretch 4 boneheads that know nothing else but to hand the ball off for 2 man action...aka riding the coattails of gifted players rather than a fool proof system.

It's a lot easier to be motivated if your coach and FO believe in you and actively show it within a game plan.

If I was a 7 foot big asked to play stretch 4 for 2 seasons now I imagine my post game would deteriorate some too. You have to ask yourself what a stretch 4 really works on in the off season and training camp.... it's certainly not your post moves........

Pau is just misused and when you take the very public beating he takes and indirect insults our management/coach have taken by not making him a factor at all and of course you have now lost him..

The answer is simple why he plays for Spain......... he is respected and used like he's respected....

That hasn't existed here the last 2 years and you would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

The fact that Spain gets the best out of him proves to me it's not Pau........... but this team needs a scapegoat and of course it will be him until he's gone and nothing really changes........ than hindsight will smack the crap out as they realize neither of these guys were proper NBA coaches capable of working in this market.
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MC

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:58 am

LA Times: "Mike D'Antoni has been a Huge Failure with the Lakers".
odom1year

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 am

Fans need to put pressure on MDA and maybe he can resign as Laker coach. Every single game at home need to be a chance to move him from LA. I saw enough of his system and Nash as his coach on the court. This isnt working. He need to GO now!!!
themasterphil

Postby DarthRekal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:32 am

garbage
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

I still can't believe we chose this over Phil, any optimists with this coach shall now be looked at as crazy hopefuls.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 am

GoldenKnight wrote:I still can't believe we chose this over Phil, any optimists with this coach shall now be looked at as crazy hopefuls.

What was Phil's quote when Kupchak told him that they hired D'Antoni because he fits the personnel better. :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

Phill won't do any better than MDA.
You guys forgot Phill's last run with Lakers, and how OKC put show on us?
Even then we looked "slow and old".
You want to see Nash in triangle standing in the corner doing notthing?
No thanks, MDA ain't problem, i hope that time will show my point.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Phill won't do any better than MDA.
You guys forgot Phill's last run with Lakers, and how OKC put show on us?
Even then we looked "slow and old".
You want to see Nash in triangle standing in the corner doing notthing?
No thanks, MDA ain't problem, i hope that time will show my point.

time won't show your point because your wrong

i've heard references to phil's last season in '11 and how they looked slow and tired out there. did you guys forget that team was coming off 3 straight finals appearances and back to back titles? there's a reason why they looked slow and tired and it had nothing at all to do with phil. not to mention that dallas didn't miss a shot in that semi-finals series.

to say that phil wouldn't do any better than dan tony is pure comedy. i still can't believe some of you support this clown after he's ruined the team like this
432J

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

themasterphil wrote:Fans need to put pressure on MDA and maybe he can resign as Laker coach. Every single game at home need to be a chance to move him from LA. I saw enough of his system and Nash as his coach on the court. This isnt working. He need to GO now!!!

Phil not coming even if MDA resigns.
khmrP

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 am

khmrP wrote:
themasterphil wrote:Fans need to put pressure on MDA and maybe he can resign as Laker coach. Every single game at home need to be a chance to move him from LA. I saw enough of his system and Nash as his coach on the court. This isnt working. He need to GO now!!!

Phil not coming even if MDA resigns.

I didnt think about Phil at all...he is not coming back for sure after this decision made by FO....i was thinking about something else....we all know this isnt going to work, no chance....this system is just wrong for this team and they cant play in this way....so i think we need to go for some young coach who can establish himself through the rest of the season and then if Dwight sing the deal in summer and we trade Gasol for some young athletic players try to make the TEAM for next year. Why keep MDA if this isnt working, there is no reason for that. He is not able to make showtime and thats it. In my opinion we need to go with B-Shaw. He is our guy, love the lakers, he was with Phil many years and have desire and he is hungry to win. He can play triangle or something else, but we need a coach who can make these players better on the court, make team from them and put some defense out there. I know, coach doesnt play defense but its always about coaching philosophie. And of course we need to look at the future, bc having a good coach is everything. Look at Spurs.
themasterphil

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard