Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I dont think he should be fired. But we do need to get some shooters that suit his system and today's NBA style of play. This is what Pop did in SAS, TD is a tremendous post player but it wasn't translating into winning games so he surrounded the team with shooters and athletes and uses them as primary options starting in 2009. You need some shooters and athletes man for todays NBA . Like Mitch I thought we could get away without having them because we have 4 HOF caliber guys but 3 of them haven't been 100% and Kobe is gassed.

Howard was supposed to mask all of these with his energy and play but he hasn't been 100% either.

IF he should be blamed for Pau's struggles then he should also be credited for Clark and Hill having career seasons with us.

Hope Mitch banks in Pau and MWP's contracts at the deadline and adds some youth and athleticism to the roster. We desperately need some footspeed and energy

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

themasterphil wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-dantoni-20130123,0,1488953.column?page=1...this is a great article and its 100% true.....MDA is not the coach for these Lakers PERIOD You just cant run with this team and you need to take the best from them and use their advantages on the court.....he is changing rotations all the time....Meeks is out, Meeks is in, Jamison is out, Jamison is in, Pau starts, Pau from the bench....that doesnt go that way, no chance....and when I watch these Lakers playing I dont see any fire od desire in them, Why???...MDA is the answer, he need to be their teacher, he need to motivate them and he is not capable to do anything....yes they have 14mil in MDA and Brown but he need to be fired right now....put Bernie out there, at least players will be happy with him

Yeah like everyone else pretty much hate Simers but loved that he texted Jim yesterday afternoon (Jan 22nd for posterity in this circus), "Time to call Phil?"

:man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Can Antoni have a "setback" in his knee healing and suddenly need to get surgery in Germany? :man1:
Chillbongo

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Can Antoni have a "setback" in his knee healing and suddenly need to get surgery in Germany? :man1:

then for some mysterious reason, his passport gets lost and he can't get back in the country
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Can Antoni have a "setback" in his knee healing and suddenly need to get surgery in Germany? :man1:

Ala Rudy T's health issues mid-season of 2004-2005? I'm down for that.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

then for some mysterious reason, his passport gets lost and he can't get back in the country

Then he gets arrested as an illegal immigrant and waterboarded in a dirty foreign jail! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

... Oops... too far?
phoenixrisingla

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

Then he gets arrested as an illegal immigrant and waterboarded in a dirty foreign jail! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

... Oops... too far?

he'll be coaching the SSOL offense with his new, small ball team in jail

meanwhile, Bernie takes over...team loses 3 games the rest of the year and steamrolls in the playoffs

these are the types of things i daydream about at night when i get drunk after laker games

true story
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 pm

i LOL'd
Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

You know, I realize we probably wouldn't be great with any coach, but I have to keep saying it, 'Antoni was the worst coaching hire ever. He resigned in NY for this exact same s***, don't see that happening here though sadly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

2-10 the past 12 games ! :bang: :bang: :bang:

It's about time for the Lakers to come out and do something right ? enough is enough !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

i am hoping to GOD this clown resigns

please do it
432J

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Weezy wrote:You know, I realize we probably wouldn't be great with any coach, but I have to keep saying it, 'Antoni was the worst coaching hire ever. He resigned in NY for this exact same s***, don't see that happening here though sadly.

who turns down phil honestly. i don't care who your personnel are or what style of basketball you want to play...you hire phil. 11 times out of 10 you hire phil.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm

If this clown isn't gone by the time I wake up, I give up on this team this season. I will still watch but with no hope in the franchise. The Lakers need to stop hiring Mikes because so far Brown & DAntoni have been terrible.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I am hoping when I wake up tomorrow morning, first thing I hear on the news is D'Antoni resigns.
scissors

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

scissors wrote:I am hoping when I wake up tomorrow morning, first thing I hear on the news is D'Antoni resigns.

+1 sadly this would only tarnish our team name even further :man6:
Last edited by khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Wow - both Rambis and James Worthy are throwing Pringles under the bus on TWC.

Saying essentially the same thing folks on this board have been saying, i.e., that Pringles needs to implement a system that makes sense for the current roster.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm

scissors wrote:I am hoping when I wake up tomorrow morning, first thing I hear on the news is D'Antoni resigns.

:bow:
themasterphil

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

khmrP wrote:

+1 sadly this would only further tarnish our team name even further :man6:

It would only tarnish Jim Buss' ego.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

He needs to go.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

wish we could get more off the ball movement. well maybe the next coach will bring that fresh idea to the team.
Pig Miller

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Wow - both Rambis and James Worthy are throwing Pringles under the bus on TWC.

Saying essentially the same thing folks on this board have been saying, i.e., that Pringles needs to implement a system that makes sense for the current roster.

Saw that. They're completely right. I don't even hate D' Antoni. If you knew his history and you knew what he does you knew he wouldn't work here. Poor judgement to bring him here. He's just being Pringles. It's an awful fit. Actually it's not a fit at all. It's a freaking catastrophe.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Wow - both Rambis and James Worthy are throwing Pringles under the bus on TWC.

Saw that. They're completely right. I don't even hate D' Antoni. If you knew his history and you knew what he does you knew he wouldn't work here. Poor judgement to bring him here. He's just being Pringles. It's an awful fit. Actually it's not a fit at all. It's a freaking catastrophe.

They are both completely right. Rambis wasn't even very good as a head coach and I believe he'd be doing better than 'Antoni here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

MDA experiment should really be over...cmon now...Lakers I know doesn't wanna go 17-65 this season do they?
thisbjgz

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

WE WANT BERNIE!!!!!!!!!!
themasterphil

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

themasterphil wrote:WE WANT BERNIE!!!!!!!!!!

The sad thing is that Bernie was responsible for one quarter of our wins. 4 wins in 5 games. And that was without Nash.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard