Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby MC on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:56 am

^
he's also 36 years old.

Meeks is a better option right now in that role IMO..... he can shoot and should get more opportunities once the roster is closer to full strength and the rotations become more set.

This team's success will be determined by what MDA gets out of Artest/Gasol (or players they are moved for) and what they can squeeze from the bench in order to give their older stars a bigger breather.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby OX1947 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 am

play Meeks and play him alot. the more burn the better he will get. no need for raja
OX1947

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 am

raja wasn't very good in utah. while i think he'll behave better on a veteran team like ours, there's no reason to explore it. don't waste your time mitch!
Pig Miller

Postby 432J on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 am

i don't get why they'd go after carroll

he's only good against the lakers. bell on the other hand, i wouldn't mind. he's a tough, no nonsense player and he can shoot
432J

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 am

I would not complain much about Raja, but I don't see why we would need him. Sure, he can hit some long Js, but we have others who can do the same. If he was younger and quicker, sure... I'd take him, but I guess I just don't see the point now, when we have Kobe and Meeks. What exactly does he bring to the SG position that can't be covered by these two guys? He has more playoff experience then Meeks, and...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Knowing D'Antoni's tight rotations, I don't see another fit on this team other than:

1. Upgrading to a more capable backup PG.
2. Getting a SF who can create his own shot.

That would mean getting rid of either Morris/Duhon/Blake/Ebanks/Clark all of which are expendable.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby MC on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 am

^ lakerfan2 - I thought about that after remarking in this thread. The only reason why i could see them going after Raja is if MDA has an idea about playing small lineups at times with Bryant as the 3. Than maybe it would make sense to go after Raja...... besides that his shooting does not make up for his age IMO..... be different if this was a young core and his age was sprinkled in but it's not so his age just compounds things in that nature.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 am

^ That's what we have Meeks for. Raja is a shade of his former self. Yeah, he hit 40% of his 3's last year, but he's a lot older than we'd like.

Meeks provides the same shooting ability, with more athleticism on breaks and defense.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am

Not interested in Bell.. If we're going to add shooters, we need to add young athletic shooters that can run. I'd rather part with Pau for a starting SF that can also be our backup PF. If we're going to hand the ball to Nash & run, we need Pau for a big SF that can back up the 4 & create his own shot/play defense. Guys like Batum or Paul George. Artest or Jamison's minutes will take a hit depending on who's hot/matchups. You put a lineup of shooters that can run out there with Nash & Dwight & good things are going to happen. Batum is probably pipe but LMA + Pau is a scary thought. Who knows.
lakersin4

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Meeks>Bell at this point. I feel like people underrate Meeks' defense.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 pm

says he wants to see Ebanks and Clark but hasnt been able to bc everyone is playing so well. :jam2:

glad he hasnt forgotten about Ebanks....but would like to see more Hill bc hes huge for our bench and also i think its important to give dwight less minutes while hes still recovering...pretty much hes been out there tired and hill can give exactly what our team needs while dwight rests.
Ariza3

Postby Armani on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 pm

What's with the O, dude? You're known for your offense... this is inexcusable.
Armani

Postby 432J on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 pm

so much for scoring 110-115 a night
:man10:

F U Jim Buss
432J

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 pm

The Flu-offense FTW!

Oh...nevermind, it was for the tie.

Can't blame D'Antoni for the loss though...he doesn't cover that side of the ball.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Mike D'Antoni system is useless if you don't have good shooters, which is exactly what we lack. :disagree:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm

It's early still, but I'm not exactly loving this hire, I'm not seeing a consistent culture change taking place. How we go from scoring 115 to 77 only one game later? This isn't the first time it's happened either, we had that huge blowout win with Mike Brown as well, then right after it got horrible. This team is Jekyll and Hyde big time.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 pm

As much as I would LOVE to blame pau. It is known by the ENTIRE WORLD that pau is horrible in the pnr. If vogel is smart enough to attack pau, how come d'antoni isn't smart enough to see it too. This is a game that goes strictly on d'antoni. Thats the con of not being defensive MINDED. Don't care how many defensive stoppers you have.....

But there may be a positive to all of this. A game this close that gave us such a loss, obviously impacts the team greatly. And I think them attacking pau like that at the last possession will open d'antoni's eyes. Pau just can not play as much as he used to. They need to send him to the bench and bring him in as center and center only. It just must be done. I honestly think he's the lone weak spot defensively because of him being run in the pnr so much.
King of Clutch

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Who in the hell hired this coach for this roster? Brilliant!
lotus

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 pm

the last play (hill's layup) was the fault of d'antoni. should have either put hill in the game, or put dwight on west.

seeing these details really shouldn't be that difficult for an nba head coach. it's understanding your personnel and knowing your opponent.
Pig Miller

Postby noobiew on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm

D'Antoni please explain to us why Pau was in the last possession in the ballgame ? Everyone in the world also know that Jordan Hill is faster and a better defender than Pau at that moment so why don't you put Hill in.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Exonyte on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm

noobiew wrote:D'Antoni please explain to us why Pau was in the last possession in the ballgame ? Everyone in the world also know that Jordan Hill is faster and a better defender than Pau at that moment so why don't you put Hill in.

this.
Exonyte

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

How are you guys blaming tonight's offense on D'Antoni when dudes like Jamison and Meeks were missing WIDE OPEN shots?

:man3:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby 7cody on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Probably so that her you-know-what doesn't hurt

Seriously, he probably kept him in the game because he doesn't want his star players to hate him
7cody

Postby gill on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

BDG wrote:How are you guys blaming tonight's offense on D'Antoni when dudes like Jamison and Meeks were missing WIDE OPEN shots?

:man3:

And a lot of those shots went in and out of the rim. MwP had like 3 or 4 all by himself

As for Pau being on the last possession, that I have to question also
gill

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Lakers missed 20 free throws and over 10+ open 3s, D'Antoni did good at getting us what we got, the players just did not execute.

Pau was in the last play so the Lakers FO knows its time to trade him.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard