Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby noobiew on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:39 pm

BDG wrote:How are you guys blaming tonight's offense on D'Antoni when dudes like Jamison and Meeks were missing WIDE OPEN shots?

:man3:

Not entirely blaming him, but he should seriously at least considering to sub in Jordan Hill & Morris for Pau & Duhon in the last possession for defensive purpose when the score was tied at 77-77, both are a faster and better defender to protect the PnR
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

The only question I have is why Pau was involved in the last possession. Oh, well. Nobody played well tonight and he was searching for combinations that had energy and made shots. It just didn't happen...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

15 games in now with a losing record...how many more games are we going to give it before we start becoming majorly concerned?
quartzcharm

Postby retro_nights on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 pm

it was a bad game all around. can't blame pau or whoever for one possession. lakers were lucky to even be in that game.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm

This team would be so MUCH BETTER with Phil .. NOT

Blame everything on the coach is better than admitting the truth I guess : an old roster with players past their prime and a team which simply isn't good enough nor a good fit in today's league ...
wcsoldier81

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm

That's what I mean. 7-8..maybe this team really isn't that good.
quartzcharm

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Damn-toni's practice agenda better be

1) Understanding his personnel

2) Forcing guys to hit 100 free throws before they can leave for the day

3) Discussing how to play the PnR
Pig Miller

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

BDG wrote:How are you guys blaming tonight's offense on D'Antoni when dudes like Jamison and Meeks were missing WIDE OPEN shots?

Weren't you against this hire, B? The thing I can't stand about this offense is that we don't have the consistent shooters to make it work. Essentially our game plan is we either live or die by the jumper. In Dallas, we made them at a high clip and tonight...well, we died.

How management doesn't know their own personnel is mind-boggling. Kobe is shooting well right now, but percentages will always find a way back into the equation. His shooting will eventually come down to his career average. Metta and Jamison aren't really consistent shooters and just look at the Dallas game and tonight's game to understand that this isn't an anomaly...this will be how it goes from here on out. This team will be extremely polar. If we had the right personnel then living by the jumper becomes more bearable, but with this team, forgetaboutit!

The thing I blame D'Antoni the most about is that most of our offense tonight did not look fluid and easy. You have Kobe sick and this essentially became Kobe ball. This is where D'Antoni should step in and you should see his offense at work the most...instead we get that mess. Essentially it becomes a game of probabilities....you shoot enough and you're hoping for 50%. If that is his "contribution" to the offense, then we're seriously in trouble. It seems like D'Antoni doesn't really bring anything to the table unless he has a skilled PG. So essentially the season is live or die on the wheel's of a 39 year old. Fantastic!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

must be karmic backlash for how the front office did phil. boy that came back fast.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Jellincon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am

Vasashi17 wrote:

Weren't you against this hire, B? The thing I can't stand about this offense is that we don't have the consistent shooters to make it work. Essentially our game plan is we either live or die by the jumper. In Dallas, we made them at a high clip and tonight...well, we died.

How management doesn't know their own personnel is mind-boggling. Kobe is shooting well right now, but percentages will always find a way back into the equation. His shooting will eventually come down to his career average. Metta and Jamison aren't really consistent shooters and just look at the Dallas game and tonight's game to understand that this isn't an anomaly...this will be how it goes from here on out. This team will be extremely polar. If we had the right personnel then living by the jumper becomes more bearable, but with this team, forgetaboutit!

The thing I blame D'Antoni the most about is that most of our offense tonight did not look fluid and easy. You have Kobe sick and this essentially became Kobe ball. This is where D'Antoni should step in and you should see his offense at work the most...instead we get that mess. Essentially it becomes a game of probabilities....you shoot enough and you're hoping for 50%. If that is his "contribution" to the offense, then we're seriously in trouble. It seems like D'Antoni doesn't really bring anything to the table unless he has a skilled PG. So essentially the season is live or die on the wheel's of a 39 year old. Fantastic!

This
Jellincon

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am

This team will be running on fumes by the end of the season with this fast pace, brick shooting festival every night. We don't have the shooters for this. 2nd round exit, here we come, AGAIN.
lotus

Postby charvin on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am

No time for Show Time. Adapt your system or get lost at the end of the season.
charvin

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

Are we having that "fun" I heard so much about, yet?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 am

lotus wrote:This team will be running on fumes by the end of the season with this fast pace, brick shooting festival every night. We don't have the shooters for this. 2nd round exit, here we come, AGAIN.

2nd round exit? Damm if the Lakers lays an egg this season then Dwight Howard is gone lol :man6:
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

Lakerjones wrote:Are we having that "fun" I heard so much about, yet?

The fun n gun offense...just hand me the gun and lets get this over with already.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am

I always hear John Ireland talk about how this was a great hire, and how fun this is going to be.

Do you guys know that Milwaukee has a better record than us? oh and just for another kick in the nuts, so do the Bobcats.

you're gonna need some extra pills to sleep tonight
Pig Miller

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am

^^ Not only just Milwaukee, Charlotte Bobcats, Golden State and Houston also having a better record than us at the moment.
noobiew

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:15 am

noobiew wrote:^^ Not only just Milwaukee, Charlotte Bobcats, Golden State and Houston also having a better record than us at the moment.

i'm living in a sports twilight zone
Pig Miller

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

I don't care what offense you run. Triangle, Princeton, Fun 'n Gun, or whatever. If you can't A) Make a wide open shot and B) Make a FT, you're cooked. Blaming Mike D'Antoni for these two atrocities doesn't make any sense. All offenses are designed to get create open shots. We had them. We didn't deliver. Plain and simple.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

^can we blame him for not understanding his personnel or defensive matchups on the last play of the game?
Pig Miller

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

Vasashi17 wrote:

Just please explain how the offense would have been different tonight with Phil ? It would have been the same ... Kobe ball
wcsoldier81

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 am

Pig Miller wrote:^can we blame him for not understanding his personnel or defensive matchups on the last play of the game?

No. The problem on the last play of the game was letting Hill go to his right. Metta should have forced him to his left.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 am

This loss was in no way Dantoni's fault. guys missed shots they can make and freethrows as well as stupid turnovers.

but i will say that if our offense is struggling idk why he didnt try ebanks. metta was bad shooting today and jamison and meeks were no shows so why not try ebanks?

things like that make me mad at mike bc he said he wants to play ebanks just hasnt been able to bc everyone has been playing well....tonight was a perfect game to try him and he didnt. waste of $ and talent on our bench.
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 am

ya metta had dwight to hill's left and pau to hills right. where do you think hill is gunna drive...also the fact that hes right handed will decide that too. metta made a mistake there and pau just didnt stay will him, and dwight was a millisecond late. if he jumped earlier he would have blocked it...he said it himself.
Ariza3

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

revgen wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:^can we blame him for not understanding his personnel or defensive matchups on the last play of the game?

No. The problem on the last play of the game was letting Hill go to his right. Metta should have forced him to his left.

correct, we let hill go right. wouldn't j. hill or dwight on west have made more sense?
Pig Miller

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard