Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:38 pm

karacha wrote:Good, he's doing the right things now. Threes are good, but we need to take high % shots as well. Work on D. Offense looks mostly good right now, even without Kobe.

Especially if those high % shots are coming in the form of seeing Pau in the paint as much as we did last night.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't know whether his constantly changing the starting line up showed an ability to experiment and learn or, alternatively, because he is too dense to figure out his players after an entire camp and several games.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:57 pm

I have no problem with coaching right now. MDA has things working about as well as they can - and that's saying a lot for a bunch of 1 year signings. Players are having fun, making cash and winning taco games. Pau looks to be finding his feet again, and Kobe is coming back sooner than later. You have to give the coach some credit.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby earvinfr on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:31 am

I have to think that's Dan's system is really made for PG. As good as any of them is, I don't remember the last time our PG could record as many assists as they do right now. The difference might also be related to the high 3PT % we're currently shooting. Do they spend more time shootings 3s during training ? Do we have a different trainer ? Because suddenly everyone is deadly from 3 open or not !!
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:50 am

In his system, the pg is king and everyone has a green light behind the arc.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:50 am

therealdeal wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 10h
D’Antoni said L.A. worked on trapping this week in part because GSW can be ISO heavy at times. Said it worked well enough today.


Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 9h
D’Antoni is pleased with how LAL are shooting from 3 this season, strong again tonight. But he wants more FTA’s and buckets at the rim.


We're shooting 55/156 (35.3%) in the paint non restricted area ... don't know what the league average is but it looks terrible ...

Our only player who can get to the FT line is the worst SG at shooting FTs I've ever seen .
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby CarFlagChris on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 am

Gasol needs to be on the block. The only time he scores at the rim is when he drives from the elbow.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby thkthebest on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:24 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 10h
D’Antoni said L.A. worked on trapping this week in part because GSW can be ISO heavy at times. Said it worked well enough today.


Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 9h
D’Antoni is pleased with how LAL are shooting from 3 this season, strong again tonight. But he wants more FTA’s and buckets at the rim.


We're shooting 55/156 (35.3%) in the paint non restricted area ... don't know what the league average is but it looks terrible ...

Our only player who can get to the FT line is the worst SG at shooting FTs I've ever seen .

There are only 5 teams who shoot worse than us in that area (Bucks, Blazers, Bobcats, Jazz, and Wizards) so...we're pretty bad. Lol.

But, at the same time, 21 teams shoot below 40%. 16 teams (more than half) shoot below 37% so it's not quite as bad as the number appears to be.

Heat are unsurprisingly #1 in the league. They shoot 48.65%. Mavs and Spurs are 2nd and 3rd respectively. They're the only 3 teams that shoot above 45%.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby shaq_hater on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm

lol MDA just took a shot at dwight. lol
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
User avatar
shaq_hater

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:31 pm

shaq_hater wrote:lol MDA just took a shot at dwight. lol


Ha ha

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 26m

D'Antoni on Lakers' ability to share this season: "They're not goin' and get a stat sheet." #dwight
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 pm

wow i have to give it to MDA there. that was a zinger.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:47 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:wow i have to give it to MDA there. that was a zinger.


That is pretty funny. :man10:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby borri on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:53 am

SO does, Shawne Williams have a compromising picture of Antoni or wut? He's like Luke Walton to PJ.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:46 am

borri wrote:SO does, Shawne Williams have a compromising picture of Antoni or wut? He's like Luke Walton to PJ.


To be fair, we don't really have anyone better than him at that position that isn't getting to play. It's Williams, Harris, or Kelly. I'll take Williams ability to hit a 3 (though he hasn't been making many I know), hustle for some boards, and even block some shots over what the 2 behind him have to offer. I still believe Williams can turn it around and play like he was in preseason at some point.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:19 am

thkthebest wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 10h
D’Antoni said L.A. worked on trapping this week in part because GSW can be ISO heavy at times. Said it worked well enough today.


Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 9h
D’Antoni is pleased with how LAL are shooting from 3 this season, strong again tonight. But he wants more FTA’s and buckets at the rim.


We're shooting 55/156 (35.3%) in the paint non restricted area ... don't know what the league average is but it looks terrible ...

Our only player who can get to the FT line is the worst SG at shooting FTs I've ever seen .

There are only 5 teams who shoot worse than us in that area (Bucks, Blazers, Bobcats, Jazz, and Wizards) so...we're pretty bad. Lol.

But, at the same time, 21 teams shoot below 40%. 16 teams (more than half) shoot below 37% so it's not quite as bad as the number appears to be.

Heat are unsurprisingly #1 in the league. They shoot 48.65%. Mavs and Spurs are 2nd and 3rd respectively. They're the only 3 teams that shoot above 45%.


ok thanks for the research
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 32m
Behind 4 straight games of holding opponents below 100 points and to 43.8% FG's, LAL are up to 11th in the NBA in defensive efficiency.
Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

They seem to really be focused on knocking balls loose, trapping, and playing the lanes. It's a defense that reminds me a little bit of Miami honestly.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Yeah, they are really playing modern basketball right now, and I guess this team, sans Kobe, is almost as good as it can get without adding some true star power.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Adding Wesley & Hill improved the teams defense...adding speed & athleticism to that aging, slower starting lineup helped a great deal.
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Adding Rambis and whoever else is concentrating on the defense that Dan doesn't like to be bothered with has helped a great deal as well. The team is enjoyable to watch right now. It is moving the ball and the offense looks good. The fact we can look forward to who we have coming off the bench instead of cringing at the thought of them coming into the game to give up leads certainly does not suck either. Much more enjoying Dan's rotations this year than last.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:40 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Adding Rambis and whoever else is concentrating on the defense that Dan doesn't like to be bothered with has helped a great deal as well. The team is enjoyable to watch right now. It is moving the ball and the offense looks good. The fact we can look forward to who we have coming off the bench instead of cringing at the thought of them coming into the game to give up leads certainly does not suck either. Much more enjoying Dan's rotations this year than last.


Why throw MDA under the bus?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Adding Rambis and whoever else is concentrating on the defense that Dan doesn't like to be bothered with...


The players said that Mike D'Antoni focuses a lot on defense this year. It's mostly Rambis and him doing the work.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm

The defense has been getting better and better. There's still a lot of problems with it, but we're using our perimeter players to get into passing lanes and we're doing a good job of pushing the ball too.

Trap, play the lanes, get out on the break. It's the way defenses are played these days. Miami does it to perfection and it's the model we're trying to get after.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:35 pm

karacha wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Adding Rambis and whoever else is concentrating on the defense that Dan doesn't like to be bothered with...


The players said that Mike D'Antoni focuses a lot on defense this year. It's mostly Rambis and him doing the work.


and from Doc, "Why throw MDA under the bus?"

If that's the case, then great and my bad for making a bad assumption. Just a baby crow eaten though. Rambis is probably still the guy with the Xs & Os. or not. Then Papa Crow. :man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion

Postby Manve77 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Defense my a$$! Nets were going through our D like a knife through butter tonite! We're lucky to have won this game! A win is a win, but watching us shoot 30 times from behind the arc is painful...Thank God 40% of them are falling...When can we have the balanced game on the O and D? :bang:
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
User avatar
Manve77

 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:49 am
Location: Shenzhen, China

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaCHooKa Man, Google [Bot], LTLakerFan and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.