Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Honestly I prefer D'antoni to Phil.. If we didn't have Nash it'd be different.. I don't think Phil would get close to the impact D'antoni has/will get out of Nash.. Once Dwight is 100%, Nash playing like he does under MDA with Kobe & Dwight doing their usual thing will be tough to beat. Dwight's going to be REALLY good in that screen & roll with Nash once he's back at his peak athletically..
lakersin4

Postby v1n5anity on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 pm

432J wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Because it's completely irrelevant since Phil isn't coaching this team and likely never will again so talking about it is a waste of time

But if dwelling on the past is comforting to you then go right ahead

so you're saying you prefer having dan tony as coach over phil? am i correct?

it really is comforting considering that mike dan tony is coaching the team. thinking about phil would have done with this team is just a way to drown the sorrows away of not having him as head coach.

Dude, take your thoughts to the Phil Jackson discussion thread or something. It's really annoying when people bring up Phil's name like there's any chance we get him back. It's done with. He's not coming. Instead of constantly complaining and making up false statements to make D'Antoni look worse (eg. saying Lakers are the worst defensive team), just sit back and watch the season unfold. The season is young and we are finally getting games in with our best 5 players being healthy.

I'm not sure how you can complain about the system not fitting our players when the offense has looked simply brilliant during the time Nash has returned (except the Denver game). We've showed that we can pick up the pace when needed, but also grind it out if that's what will get it done.

I'm not saying D'Antoni is a great coach, but before you criticize, at least have some idea of what you're talking about.
v1n5anity

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Finwë wrote:He's overplaying guys minutes-wise because the team NEEDS to win, and our bench players haven't been getting it done. We haven't been good enough to establish big leads so we can buy starters extra resting time. We aren't a deep team, we have some solid bench players but none that can really create shots for themselves or for others effectively. All of them require 1-2 of the 'big 4' be in the game to draw some attention, and even then we are usually out played. That is a big disadvantage in the RS, and also explains why some teams are having a lot of success (Clippers, Spurs). When the playoffs come, our depth won't be as much of a problem, assuming guys are healthy.
So far we haven't been good enough to afford resting our starters a lot. Fans complain about minutes, but if we kept losing the complaints would've been MUCH greater.

There are 2 ways IMO that MDA will stop playing starters heavy minutes:
Not likely -> the FO signs a couple of guys (West, Pietrus for example) and the others really pick their games up (Meeks, Jamison, Duhon/Morris, Hill all become more consistent)
More likely -> as the season progresses and the team gets more practice time and more time on the floor, the main unit gets better and we establish bigger leads in games, allowing our key starters to get some extra rest.

100% on point
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 pm

432J wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Because it's completely irrelevant since Phil isn't coaching this team and likely never will again so talking about it is a waste of time

it really is comforting considering that mike dan tony is coaching the team. thinking about phil would have done with this team is just a way to drown the sorrows away of not having him as head coach.

.... Edited....

No personal attacks or bypassing the swear filter. Check your PSs.
-Barnstable
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby v1n5anity on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
432J wrote:

Jesus [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Christ dude shut the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up already about Phil. He ain't here and ain't coming back. Pringles is our coach just accept it.

For once I agree with you :man4:
v1n5anity

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
432J wrote:

Jesus [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Christ dude shut the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up already about Phil. He ain't here and ain't coming back. Pringles is our coach just accept it.

yeah the lakers aren't the worst defensive team, they're the 5th worst defensive team. my bad guys, such a huge difference!

this team just won't win with dan tony. i hope i'm proven wrong but it's just so obvious that he is far from the right fit for this team. and i'll continue to mention phil as long as it takes for me to get over how the FO completely blew him off in such a disgusting manner. i won't be getting over it anytime soon
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:59 am

^^^^ PPA is irrelevant ... we are 18th in Defrtg and 16th in FG% allowed... not a good defensive team but not the 5th worst
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 am

432J wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
432J wrote:

yeah the lakers aren't the worst defensive team, they're the 5th worst defensive team. my bad guys, such a huge difference!

this team just won't win with dan tony. i hope i'm proven wrong but it's just so obvious that he is far from the right fit for this team. and i'll continue to mention phil as long as it takes for me to get over how the FO completely blew him off in such a disgusting manner. i won't be getting over it anytime soon

First off we're not the fifth worst defensive team or anywhere near that. Points allowed is very recieving because it doesn't take into account pace. A better one would be opponents FG% which is middle of the pack. I guess Kobe's comments from a few weeks ago or you just plained ignored them, but Phil never made the team practice defense. They themselves went out there and played it, but it ain't like they did it in practice.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:13 am

Deceiving f*** you auto correct.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 pm

This team is not improving at all, what is MDA doing rite now ? :bang: :bang: :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 pm

432J

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

King of Clutch

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:12 pm

432J

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:13 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Looked up d'antoni's record in depth, and was shocked with what I found...

1998-99 DEN 14 36
2003-04 PHO 21 40
2004-05 PHO 62 20 steve
2005-06 PHO 54 28 steve
2006-07 PHO 61 21 steve
2007-08 PHO 55 27 steve
2008-09 NYK 32 50
2009-10 NYK 29 53
2010-11 NYK 42 40
2011-12 NYK 18 24

Career 739 392 347

Fraud.

232- 96 with nash. 160- 251 Without nash. Was able to get over .500 (2 games over) once in his 7 years without nash! 38yr old nash =/= 31 yr old nash
King of Clutch

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 pm

432J

Postby SK8 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:16 pm

7 seconds or less my ASSSS :mad1:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby odom1year on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 pm

As lazy as old, fat Shaq, he still outproduces D12 in both ends. I really doubt in MDA's system.
odom1year

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

King of Clutch

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

LOL sounds like a bunch of Browns fans in here. Team loses, it's the coaches fault, fired, team loses, it's the coaches fault, fired, we still suck, I wonder why? Let's get a new coach, team loses, fired, why do we still suck?......

Maybe it's not the coach, it's the half a** effort we get from the players. The shooting like dog s*** tonight, our starting big men playing like doo doo. It's easy to blame the coach.......

No matter who the coach is, it's still the same thing with these guys. Unfocused and coasting through games. 3 days off and it's the coaches fault they didn't come out with a sense of urgency and pound this team into the ground from the get go?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Mike D'Antoni system = live by 3, die by 3

If the Lakers not making 3's, we suck and loss, this team will live and die by 3 balls. We better get used to it.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

This is so true that its sad.
King of Clutch

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm

noobiew wrote:Mike D'Antoni system = live by 3, die by 3

If the Lakers not making 3's, we suck and loss, this team will live and die by 3 balls. We better get used to it.

We didn't make our 3's tonight and still could have won, but our players at the end of the game decided to play like rookies and star jacking up shots. We didn't lose because of a "system" tonight, we lost because the players that play the game look like they couldn't give two s***s if we win or lose right now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Looking at the roster , this team should blow out teams like the Sixers at home ... without any coach on the bench ...

Our team just sucks , plain and simple ... stop blaming coaching
wcsoldier81

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 pm

I really don't think if Jackson was the coach it'd be much different. Its not about the coach, scheme, or talent cause thats not the problem, its about effort.
JLaker17

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard