Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: Rambis to join staff? (120)

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

kblo247 wrote:Rambis is the defensive coach it was announced during SL by Joel Myers the Lakers had appointed him to the position

:jam2: Good
LTLakerFan

Postby last stand on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 am

i wonder what mediation had to happen for rambis to be ok with being on dantoni's staff
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 am

Back to the Thibs like defensive principles ... good , even if we have not the right personal , having defensive schemes should help
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 am

Love the fact that Phil actually has someone right there on the sidelines to relay advice.. & even without the Phil connection, he's a good defensive assistant. & he also has a history with some of the players.. Pau still doesn't seem fond of D'antoni.. Having an assistant for certain players to talk to if they just don't mesh/get along well with the head coach can be very important.. Brian Shaw was great at that.. Glad to have Rambo back where he belongs.
lakersin4

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 am

Getting Rambis is a great move, IMO. He'll be our defensive coordinator, hold players & coaches (D'Antoni) accountable for putting effort every possession playing defense. I love this move...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 am

JSM wrote:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 34m
Source: Kurt Rambis nearing deal to join Lakers http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... bis-source …

the transition is nigh :man9:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

Jeff Goldblum @JeffyG 26m
Multiple sources: Lakers signing of Kurt Rambis is imminent.
GoldHammish

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:20 am

GoldHammish wrote:

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Kit on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:45 am

Doc Brown wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:

I don't watch baseball. What does this gif mean?
Kit

Postby charvin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:17 pm

:man10: Funny
charvin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Kit wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:

That was suppose to be Cano's ball but the other player ran over and I am assuming called for it first.

It doesn't mean anything except its funny

:man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:00 pm

I think it's "frustrating" actually.

2B is obviously frustrated.

"Imminent" is a term that means "could happen" in sports parlance, which is very different from its actual meaning. That's frustrating.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Kit wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:

It's a metaphor....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Heres my reaction to MDA talkin about Dwight about to play the same offense in HOU as he did in LA

- Dwight was hurt

- Dwight wasn't mobile and explosive so he couldn't run the P & R well

- Dwight was hurt so he had bad hands

- He thought he could rely on his post game until he can get back to 100%. That was a fail too.

- He was frustrated because this is the 1st time in his career his body was failing him and dudes were running circles around him while he was trying to get to 100%. He threw a fit basically pointed the finger at everyone else instead of adjusting and trying to see what else he can do to help the team win

MDA exhausted all options before turning this dude basically into a catch and dunk player. It wasn't a good fit because Howard was just not healthy. We got cheated out of what he can do

Oh well

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby OX1947 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Isnt a head coach suppose to pick his own guys? Is this move made by management or MDA?
OX1947

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

The Rock wrote:Heres my reaction to MDA talkin about Dwight about to play the same offense in HOU as he did in LA

- Dwight was hurt

- He thought he could rely on his post game until he can get back to 100%. That was a fail too.

- He was frustrated because this is the 1st time in his career his body was failing him and dudes were running circles around him while he was trying to get to 100%. He threw a fit basically pointed the finger at everyone else instead of adjusting and trying to see what else he can do to help the team win

MDA exhausted all options before turning this dude basically into a catch and dunk player. It wasn't a good fit because Howard was just not healthy. We got cheated out of what he can do

Oh well

That's an awful lot of excuses made for a big baby that didn't really want to be here and didn't give maximum effort half the time IMO, oh I mean was "hurt".
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:Heres my reaction to MDA talkin about Dwight about to play the same offense in HOU as he did in LA

- Dwight was hurt

Oh well

That's an awful lot of excuses made for a big baby that didn't really want to be here and didn't give maximum effort half the time IMO, oh I mean was "hurt".

He is a big baby instead of acting like a grown man and finding other ways to help the team he was stubborn. He is immature. Like I said 1st time in his career hes had a serious injury I believe he simply didnt know how to maneuver his way around while his body is not 100%

He wants to be happy and he is happy when its not pressured. He just wasn't willing to work harder and fight through adversity to figure it out here

It was just a bad marriage from the start...the situation in LA are completely different than in Houston and Orlando

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm

All I know is it's one of the only times I've agreed with 'Antoni's opinions since he's been here, or probably ever.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:20 pm

OX1947 wrote:Isnt a head coach suppose to pick his own guys? Is this move made by management or MDA?

He's always wanted Mark Madsen and Kurt Rambis to coach with him. I remember even during his Phoenix years saying he hoped to be able to do that at some time in the future. I think it was because of his fondness for and close relationship with Phil. :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:44 pm

OX1947 wrote:Isnt a head coach suppose to pick his own guys? Is this move made by management or MDA?

According to Shelburne D'Antoni asked Kurt himself. It was a good move to gain some appreciation from the fans and try to show the world that there's not such a huge disconnect between Phil, D'Antoni, and the Lakers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 am

therealdeal wrote:

According to Shelburne D'Antoni asked Kurt himself. It was a good move to gain some appreciation from the fans and try to show the world that there's not such a huge disconnect between Phil, D'Antoni, and the Lakers.

well said.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:02 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Kit wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:

That was suppose to be Cano's ball but the other player ran over and I am assuming called for it first.

It doesn't mean anything except its funny

:man10: :man10:

Hahaha Cano is hilarious...
BadCoaching

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:52 am

So.. Now that we have a roster that fits D'antoni's style like a glove.. Does anything else think he could be a COTY candidate this season? We still have some big weaknesses & holes to fill but the guys we have certainly do the things D'antoni wants from his players.. & hopefully the FO can pull of a few more good signings or maybe a small trade or 2 to round out the roster. I'm looking at this team.. Kobe not being 100% to start off, so D'antoni gets to have a (hopefully) healthy Nash orchestrate the show.. He now has Pau as his main big.. We've seen the Kobe/Pau pick & roll be deadly at times & the great plays Pau can make when he's being featured & the defense is more focused on him, especially out of the high post. Young & Farmar are going to come in & bomb 3's, hopefully Johnson can find his shot & join them.. The main area of concern for me is PF.. Hill isn't a D'antoni fit & we don't know if Kelly can do anything at this level.. I hope we were going after Brand & Mullens & that's why we haven't signed LO yet, because his ability to hit the 3, handle the ball, & go straight from securing the rebound to starting the break would be the icing on the cake as far as building an offense that fits our coach.. We'd be like his Suns teams + Kobe.. Call me crazy but if we pull off a couple more solid moves & stay healthy, big IF's I know, I can see us winning 55+ games.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am

^ I'm gonna call you crazy, but the biggest problem with your post, my friend, is that Brand signed in Atlanta and Mullens is about to sign with the Clippers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am

Want Lamar back. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: but will be so pissed if he did and then came in fat again. Would he do that??
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion