Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Mike Trudell wrote:LAL will stick with the small line up that's been more successful of late w/Johnson at the 4, drawing another tough assignment w/A. Davis.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/441032816357146624
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:57 pm

So now Kaman and Hill are banished to the end of the bench because going small won us a few games. I assume now that we lost a game, clever as 'Antoni is, we will see yet another lineup change. Because constant shuffling of players and inconsistent playing time is what really builds a solid flow on a team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerPride247 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 pm

This clown needs to be fired 5 minutes after the season ends. I refuse to watch this farce until he's fired and collecting paychecks while being a 1000 miles away from the team.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Crushed. No team can be this bad. It's on the coach when you allow your pride (insistence on small ball) to dictate how your team proceeds. Fire this a-hole. Embarassing
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 pm

274 points given up in the last two games.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Still an idiot.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 pm

It's one thing to go down, but the way we go down is remarkable.

And I'm shocked that some fans want this to continue. Let him go now...this is inexcusable. Why wait? Most coaches will understand why the Lakers axed the guy. We're losing in ways we have never lost before....ever! And we have one of the most extensive histories as a franchise. That's hard to do folks...

I guess a training camp was necessary to really show MDA's ineptitude. He got off easy last year.

Bravo sir....
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:It's one thing to go down, but the way we go down is remarkable.

And I'm shocked that some fans want this to continue. Let him go now...this is inexcusable. Why wait? Most coaches will understand why the Lakers axed the guy. We're losing in ways we have never lost before....ever! And we have one of the most extensive histories as a franchise. That's hard to do folks...

I guess a training camp was necessary to really show MDA's ineptitude. He got off easy last year.

Bravo sir....

Hey, that makes me think of a question.

Mike Brown, or Mike D'Antoni?

Although Mike Brown was Mr. Potatohead, I still believe he got a raw deal when he was fired five games into the season. I still believe that was a mistake, I really don't believe the team was going to be this bad under his leadership. I also still blame D'Antoni for Kobe's injury because I still believe it came from overuse. He rode Kobe like a dog.

Mike Brown > Mike D'Antoni IMO. Not sure that's saying much though.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:31 pm

It's unacceptable to lose this way, the largest home loss deficit in franchise history. There's no legit reason for him not to be fired, only lame excuses like they don't want to pay him to not coach, or we're trying to lose anyway. Losing is one thing, giving up 120+ points in 3 of the last 4 games is another. Losing like this should not be tolerated, I put most blame on 'Antoni, this is the ball he wants to play. Fire his a** now, get this sort of mentality of shoot whenever you want and play no defense out of here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:31 pm

I decided to watch Millionaire Matchmaker instead.

MDA has ruined basketball for me. No defensive philosophy, no identity, no toughness, stupid rotations, knee jerk reactions, and the list goes on.

Give me any other coach and this team would not lose by 48. Probably get blown out yes but no coach that preaches defense, hustle, and heart would see his team lose like that.

Unfortunately for Jim, it keeps piling on.
Center Court

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:Mike Brown, or Mike D'Antoni?

I also still blame D'Antoni for Kobe's injury because I still believe it came from overuse. He rode Kobe like a dog.

Brown would have done the same thing. His 1st stint in CLE was all about riding Lebron. He even did it with Eric Snow.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakerPride247 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Center Court wrote:Unfortunately for Jim, it keeps piling on.

Unfortunately? That worthless excuse of an owner has no business making any decisions for this franchise on anything. He shouldn't be allowed to hire the people who work concessions or take tickets. The team I've loved for 27 years now is a complete joke and it's on his cowardly shoulders. Jeanie should've been given control of things. Had she been a man she would've gotten control of the personnel side and we wouldn't be in this mess. Jimmy is a spoiled brat who would've found a way for the 1992 Dream Team to lose a game if he were in charge.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

LakerPride247

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

I also still blame D'Antoni for Kobe's injury because I still believe it came from overuse. He rode Kobe like a dog.

Brown would have done the same thing. His 1st stint in CLE was all about riding Lebron. He even did it with Eric Snow.

True. Brown didn't have the guts to sit Kobe down either during his tenure. That doesn't take away what Antoni did - but I agree with Doc, Brown would have done the same.

Bottom line is we've been stuck with two one way coaches in a row. Just opposite sides of the same coin. Neither one had any balance. Brown couldn't coach offense, Antoni - no D.

I desperately want someone here next year who can coach both sides of the ball. Lionel Hollins has been mentioned - sounds good to me. Make it happen Mitch. I can't take another year of this garbage. I was vocal about canning Mike Brown and have no regrets. I've been vocal about getting rid of Antoni - and if it happens I won't have any regrets either. Unless we end up with Mike Dunleavy. Then I will cry.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Still an idiot.

You're being too kind. Idiots everywhere should be offended.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Outrebounded by 31.

Remember the days when we were in the Finals with the Celts and it was whoever won the rebounding battle won the game?

Seems like just yesterday that part of the game mattered. :man6:
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Oh hell yeah Dan the stats show trotting out your run and chuck small ball garbage is the way to match up with big teams. By the way what did Kaman do in the short minutes Dan gave him a couple games ago that got him yanked and back to the end of the bench again?

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
LTLakerFan

Postby Center Court on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 pm

LakerPride247 wrote:

Unfortunately? That worthless excuse of an owner has no business making any decisions for this franchise on anything. He shouldn't be allowed to hire the people who work concessions or take tickets. The team I've loved for 27 years now is a complete joke and it's on his cowardly shoulders. Jeanie should've been given control of things. Had she been a man she would've gotten control of the personnel side and we wouldn't be in this mess. Jimmy is a spoiled brat who would've found a way for the 1992 Dream Team to lose a game if he were in charge.

Yes, it's unfortunate. Why would we want our owner to be labeled the way you have done? More so, as he and Mitch go through the difficult task of rebuilding, he is going to consistently knocked and criticized which will further make our beloved franchise seem unstable.
Center Court

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 pm

James Worthy:
"The strategy is not working. Small ball, it is what it is. You win some, you lose some. But that ain't the Lakers history. Win some, lose some. That ain't it."
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:51 pm

gcclaker wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Still an idiot.

You're being too kind. Idiots everywhere should be offended.

:man10: Agreed GCC. :man6:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerPride247 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Center Court wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:

Yes, it's unfortunate. Why would we want our owner to be labeled the way you have done? More so, as he and Mitch go through the difficult task of rebuilding, he is going to consistently knocked and criticized which will further make our beloved franchise seem unstable.

There's nothing unfortunate about it. Jim deserves this. The fans don't, but he absolutely, positively does. He has no business running the Lakers and I'd enjoy nothing more than to see the rest of the Buss family come together and force him out. He is beyond worthless to the franchise and Dr. Buss leaving him the place of authority he did is one of the very few bad choices he made. I could say several other things about Jim, but I"ll say them elsewhere where I don't have to bite my tongue on my opinion of him.

LakerPride247

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Who's the idiot that hired this idiot?

#ThisAintUrDaddysLakers
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 am

Doc Brown wrote:

You know what, good point! You're right. But damn, it's hard to believe there's ever been a worse coach for this team. I'm glad I was at work and missed this game, but was very very upset to see the final score.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby John3:16 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 am

You guys are so negative. Look at the bright side: We didn't lose by 50.

:man6: :man6: :man6:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:22 am

John3:16 wrote:You guys are so negative. Look at the bright side: We didn't lose by 50.

:man6: :man6: :man6:

Not only that but we ARE setting team records. He is coaching the team to records no Lakers coach has ever reached before. :ball1:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:29 am

Disclaimer - I (thankfully) missed this game).

All I know is that with this team it's rarely been a question of effort. Despite the lack of talent, they've usually played hard.

So when you lose this bad, you seriously have to question the approach.

I don't think you should keep your job if your team loses by 48.

Bad teams lose by 20. Bad teams without a plan lose by 40+.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard