Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:26 pm

TIME wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
From Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com: "The Lakers do not believe that an in-season coaching change will help the team and remain inclined to support Mike D'Antoni over the final 19 games of the season."

D'Antoni's contract runs through 2014-15 and includes a team option for 2015-16. He earns $4 million annually. He will likely be the coach of the Lakers to begin next season as vice president of player personnel Jim Buss probably doesn't see the need to make a move.

:bricks:

I did not know that next year is a TEAM option for MDA, which I guess is sort of good news. Hopefully Mitch and or Jeanie can convince Jim to sign off on firing him when the season is over.

It's not. It runs through 2014-15 which is NEXT season. Then, the team holds an option to keep him for another year after that which is 2015-16.

damn... thats what I originally thought :bang:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby gcclaker on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
From Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com: "The Lakers do not believe that an in-season coaching change will help the team and remain inclined to support Mike D'Antoni over the final 19 games of the season."

D'Antoni's contract runs through 2014-15 and includes a team option for 2015-16. He earns $4 million annually. He will likely be the coach of the Lakers to begin next season as vice president of player personnel Jim Buss probably doesn't see the need to make a move.

Yep, I don't think D'Antoni will be fired then unless some serious unrest happens. Nuclear winter for another season.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 pm

gcclaker wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

Yep, I don't think D'Antoni will be fired then unless some serious unrest happens. Nuclear winter for another season.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kingsama on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:19 pm

How could this season be anything but a nuclear winter, I know there are injuries, I know there are other issues, but this is ridiculous. If MDA is coach of this team l, even with a big FA signing and a great draft pick, will be sick to my stomach. Dude can't coach both sides of the ball. Pay recent outburst was spot on and other players know it is. Something's gotta give and it starts with him.
Kingsama

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:54 pm

You know the dude needs to be fired if all of CL can agree that he needs to go by the start of next season. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:You know the dude needs to be fired if all of CL can agree that he needs to go by the start of next season. :man10:

Yep. He was a bad hire to begin with. Time to clean up the mess.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:49 am

MDA Legend

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 32 minutes ago
The Lakers have allowed 130 or more points in each of their last three games. Over the last 23 seasons, only one other team has done that.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 30 minutes ago
The Lakers have allowed at least 130 points in a game 5 times this season. That's more than they've had over the past 19 seasons combined.

wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 am

^^^ That doesn't matter. WE WON IN PORTLAND.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:23 am

Playing small ball , OUR BEST LINEUP
wcsoldier81

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:29 am

Mike Bresnahan
Just spent a while going through Lakers' year-by-year game results. They've never allowed this many points (408) over three games. Ever.

But like Doc said, he won in Portland AND he helped us sweep the Celtics this season. Sorry Kobe, you're going to have to wait, cause dude is the next one to get a stachue.

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:50 am

Seems a lot of infamous records are being set this year, or updated by the Lakers. Hopefully in 2 years everything trends upward because the clippers are not going to let up now that they have Doc Rivers running the show. There is no worse time to completely tank than when the lowly clippers are doing their best and rising.
lotus

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Marshall over Farmar to finish the game ... whatever dude
wcsoldier81

Postby clubsoto24 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Why the heck was Marshall closing the game instead of Farmar?!?! :man2: :man2: :man2:
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby SK8 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 pm

best post ever :man10: :man10: :man10:
(from gameday)
Weezy wrote:Damn, fun game, but now 'Antoni has an upset against OKC on his resume. The FO might just give him a 3 year extension tomorrow.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby phoenixrisingla on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Marshall over Farmar to finish the game ... whatever dude

Well, you know... hurt D'Antoni's feelings in the media or show that another system of offense is more effective than his with these players, and you're gonna sit.

I think if our coach has proven anything at this point, its that he'd rather lose playing his way than try anything else. :man6:
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Probably because Farmar can be a little erratic from time to time, while Marshall plays more under control. I think that's how they are generally perceived.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:43 pm

I could see using that as an excuse, but I just dont think it plays out.

Farmar is playing objectively better in most control focused stats like Efficiency, turnovers, etc. Granted, not a ton better.

But whatever, I guess it doesnt really matter who's running point in the 4th when the other team is notching its 130's point...
phoenixrisingla

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Farmar can create his own shot and penetrate ( and create more openings and looks for Meeks) ...

He was needed down the stretch for our offense against OKC athleticism ...

We had to go to Pau on the block with Marshall on the floor ... and Pau had little success

If it wasn't for BazedGod , this game would have been a loss
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:best post ever :man10: :man10: :man10:
(from gameday)
Weezy wrote:Damn, fun game, but now 'Antoni has an upset against OKC on his resume. The FO might just give him a 3 year extension tomorrow.

Ha ha, and I was only half kidding. I could see Jimmy bringing this guy back next season, having Mitch feed us the injury excuse, and using wins in Portland and against OKC to show that we CAN win against good teams. :man11:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:49 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:I could see using that as an excuse, but I just dont think it plays out.

Farmar is playing objectively better in most control focused stats like Efficiency, turnovers, etc. Granted, not a ton better.

Marshall's my guy - so I'll defend him even though I'm a huge fan of Farmar.

Marshall's TO rate: 3.4 per 36; Farmar's 3.8
Marshall's AST rate: 11.3; Farmar's 8.1
The claim about turnovers is just false.

Farmar does have a better eFG% and TS% though.

Btw someone else said that Farmar can penetrate and create open shots - no one on the team does it as well as Marshall. No one gets people the looks Marshall does. It's not even close.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Marshall is really a facilitator. Every shot he hits is a bonus. But he's a true playmaker.

Farmar is a dynamic scorer. I like that about these two guys. They need to be defended in different ways and give us two very different offensive styles.

Farmar is a far superior scorer and he is fast and athletic as well.

Marshall's court vision and passing ability are much better, and he's more durable, due to his "down to earth" style of play.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Marshall is more of a true PG that can make plays & get everyone going.. Amazing court vision.. Farmar is a more explosive scorer & can do a great job rallying our bench to get us back in games.. Ideally Marshall would develop into the starter & Farmar/Young can lead the 2nd unit next season.
LakersN4

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Weezy wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:best post ever :man10: :man10: :man10:
(from gameday)

Ha ha, and I was only half kidding. I could see Jimmy bringing this guy back next season, having Mitch feed us the injury excuse, and using wins in Portland and against OKC to show that we CAN win against good teams. :man11:

Along the same lines this is what I said on page one of the Game Day thread today:

Lakerjones wrote:I'm telling you small ball will get us a win today and ensure many more years of Antoni ball. We'll rain threes at the end of the game and win by one.

^^ I had a weird feeling about today's game.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 pm

trodgers wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:I could see using that as an excuse, but I just dont think it plays out.

Marshall's my guy - so I'll defend him even though I'm a huge fan of Farmar.

Marshall's TO rate: 3.4 per 36; Farmar's 3.8
Marshall's AST rate: 11.3; Farmar's 8.1
The claim about turnovers is just false.

Farmar does have a better eFG% and TS% though.

Btw someone else said that Farmar can penetrate and create open shots - no one on the team does it as well as Marshall. No one gets people the looks Marshall does. It's not even close.

And a high % of the time the passes on target for assists are in perfect placement for the movement and position of the recipient. Marshall really is an amazing assist machine and passer. Dude plays straight up a high % of the time and never looks down while he takes great care of the ball with very good handles…… to survey the floor at his full 6'4".
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 am

I would much rather have Marshall on the floor than Farmar to end games, although ideally you'd have both in a D'Antoni system and void of any other names.

Marshall plays the pick and roll as well as anyone else in the world, he's great at it. Farmar is a good athlete capable of creating a shot for himself and he's a real gamer who will hit the big shot if you give it to him.

Marshall/Farmar/Meeks/Johnson/Gasol should be the lineup with this squad in close games.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard