Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Brown's last chance?)

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Ariza3 wrote:i think shaw would have done much better than brown. at least he played in the nba and under the greatest coach. plus now that were running the princeton which is similiar to the triangle i think we would be more successful with him than brown.

Yea looking back, I wish we had Shaw. Maybe not over Adelman but definitely over Brown.
XXIV

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 pm

If Byron Scott had waited one more year, he would have gotten his dream job and would have been perfect for this team.
OX1947

Postby jlkr on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 pm

OX1947 wrote:If Byron Scott had waited one more year, he would have gotten his dream job and would have been perfect for this team.

Why the Byron Scott love? That man lost not one, but two teams. The Nets turned on him and so did the Hornets. If it's once, you think, OK that happens, but it happens again with a totally different team WITH Chris Paul on it, something is wrong there and it ain't the team. I don't think Scott has learned the lessons he needed to learn from those two experiences, but we'll see how his Cleveland tenure goes. I definitely don't want him on the Lakers until he shows that he has learned how not to lose teams.

About Adelman, everybody who mattered wanted him. Even Kobe wanted him if Shaw didn't get the nod. Then Potato Head snowed Baseball Cap Boy. and the rest is history. Well just remember it was mentioned somewhere that the 2000 Laker team went 0-4 to start the exhibition games in Phil's 2nd year and that team went on to win the title. So I won't get alarmed yet.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 am

^ Do we really need to keep calling Jim Buss "baseball cap boy"? The man was a key player in building what has the potential to be the best starting five in basketball maybe ever. He's also committed to spending more than 125 million dollars in taxes and penalties alone over the next two years.

He's shown his true colors and they're purple and gold.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby VincentTH on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Do we really need to keep calling Jim Buss "baseball cap boy"? The man was a key player in building what has the potential to be the best starting five in basketball maybe ever. He's also committed to spending more than 125 million dollars in taxes and penalties alone over the next two years.

I'd give you that, but his coach selection has a lot to be desired. I don't see Mike Brown as an NBA level head coach.
VincentTH

Postby revgen on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:39 pm

VincentTH wrote: I don't see Mike Brown as an NBA level head coach.

He's NBA level. Just not championship level.

I think he's a nice assistant to have on a championship coaching staff.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

VincentTH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ Do we really need to keep calling Jim Buss "baseball cap boy"? The man was a key player in building what has the potential to be the best starting five in basketball maybe ever. He's also committed to spending more than 125 million dollars in taxes and penalties alone over the next two years.

I'd give you that, but his coach selection has a lot to be desired. I don't see Mike Brown as an NBA level head coach.

Yeah, well Mitch gave Luke Walton 6 years at full MLE. Everyone makes mistakes, and I think Jim Buss realized his. He filled out Brown's bench with more than suitable assistants/replacements.

Jim Buss is doing an incredible job so far. One mistake should not reflect his entire record.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Not only will Dwight Howard likely play Sunday but Mike Brown will try to play the Lakers' starters their regular minutes.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I don't have a problem with Mike Brown testing his lineups especially in the preseason. The way I see it is yeah you could just play the same old lineups that may be just "ok" or even pretty good, but if you keep testing them eventually you will find one that works great and you only ever need to find that once. Once you got it you're good. Think about going to a barber. You could keep going to the same decent one or you could keep trying new ones and eventually you'll find one that you really like and you're golden.
LOSLAKERS

Postby karacha on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Finwë wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Not only will Dwight Howard likely play Sunday but Mike Brown will try to play the Lakers' starters their regular minutes.

So, when Metta predicted we'll win one game in the preseason... he was serious. Good to know. :man9:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I think it's good MB will start playing their regular minutes--HOWEVER, I hate that he plays them ENTIRE quarters. He thinks, "Well, if the starters are down 8, I have to keep them in the game because that lineup is the best opportunity we have to get our lead back."

That's just not smart coaching at all, especially with a much older roster than everybody else.

If something is not working, FIX IT! You need to sub in a bench player or two to add energy to the mix, then when the starters get enough rest, they can come back in and play at their peak again.

That's just basic fundamentals. Not sure what MB thinks he can accomplish by running our older starters to the ground. :bang:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:44 pm

I have never seen at the end of the game...all of the players are surrounding the assistant coach drawing up a play...and Mike Brown is also a spectator. Then the assistant coach, Eddie Jordan, finishes the x's and o's...then Mike Brown steps in...with his fist into the huddle...and hoo-rah! Breaks the huddle. :man10:

Must be nice to collect a huge paycheck as head coach, and let the assistant coaches do most of the work.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:58 pm

jimbo327 wrote:I have never seen at the end of the game...all of the players are surrounding the assistant coach drawing up a play...and Mike Brown is also a spectator. Then the assistant coach, Eddie Jordan, finishes the x's and o's...then Mike Brown steps in...with his fist into the huddle...and hoo-rah! Breaks the huddle. :man10:

Must be nice to collect a huge paycheck as head coach, and let the assistant coaches do most of the work.

been happening his entire coaching career

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby kenzo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:I have never seen at the end of the game...all of the players are surrounding the assistant coach drawing up a play...and Mike Brown is also a spectator. Then the assistant coach, Eddie Jordan, finishes the x's and o's...then Mike Brown steps in...with his fist into the huddle...and hoo-rah! Breaks the huddle. :man10:

I remember watching that and laughing my a** off. It's not that funny now, when he's our coach :bang:
kenzo

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 am

were screwed. b shaw or rick should have been the coach
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 am

Mike Brown is a great person, but not a great coach...he doesn't seem like a coach that fits a winning 1st class organization, he is sort of a joke who doesn't seem like players would respect him too much...more of a friend than a coach.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 am

" Gotta watch the tape" and reading the statsheet ... great postgame analyst
wcsoldier81

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:04 am

<-------------------------
BadCoaching

Postby l__o on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

Keep posting until Mike Brown get fired :jam2:
l__o

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 am

Quite frankly, he's more suited to be a very good ASSISTANT coach. However, I do hope we can make it work in the twilight of Kobe and Nash's careers for at least one more ring. We'll see...
Last edited by dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 am

Different season, same backscreen by Pau on Kobe's man on the inbounds, for a top of the key iso to end the game. BACK TO BACK times......

Heaven forbid you try something else jacka**
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:

That GIF is hilarious but like someone else mentioned, it's pretty sad when you consider that's our head coach. :man5:
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:" Gotta watch the tape" and reading the statsheet ... great postgame analyst

This. It just shows how superficial his analysis is..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Finwë wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:" Gotta watch the tape" and reading the statsheet ... great postgame analyst

This. It just shows how superficial his analysis is..

mike brown can't make these analyses and adjustments on the fly. he's the guy who needs a long time to gather, break down, and process (hence being known for loving his dvds). that doesn't really work when you have to make adjustments during the game...and it may be something that holds this team back. i am hoping that as things settle and get more comfortable, the players (we have TONS of IQ on this team) will lead themselves on the court and reduce mike brown to more of the glorified cheerleader he kinda is.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Charley Rosen's ranking of head coaches

22. Mike Brown (LA Lakers): Makes poor in-game adjustments. Caters to his star players. Has been fortunate to coach Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. Known around the NBA as the most overrated coach in the league.

http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/the-coaching-rankings
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard