Mike must go and PJ must be brought in: TMZ video - pg3

Re: Mike must go and PJ must be brought in

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 am

frankrj wrote:Phil will not come in mid-season when he was dissed like this. He deserved better treatment than that. If it happens, that means ALL 3 decision makers were wrong? Jim, James, Kupchak about taking the team into a showtime type team. I don't see that happening.

Agreed all the way. I wouldn't put Kupchak's name in the hat with these hirings though. We know good and well that he has been relegated to mouthpiece and clean up man. If Mitch were in charge of the decisions regarding coaching hires he already stated that he was interested in Adelman last year. He always had a good relationship with Phil, too, so he would either gone with him or I think he would have at least pondered some other options. Given Mitch's basketball knowledge I think I can safely say D' Antoni was probably not his idea. I have serious doubts that the architect of this team's personnel would truly believe that D' Antoni's system would be the best possible fit of all the available head coaches out there. That BS he was forced to spin about Showtime 2 you could tell that even he didn't really put any credence in. That was total damage control once again.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 am

Lakerjones wrote:
frankrj wrote:Phil will not come in mid-season when he was dissed like this. He deserved better treatment than that. If it happens, that means ALL 3 decision makers were wrong? Jim, James, Kupchak about taking the team into a showtime type team. I don't see that happening.

Agreed all the way. I wouldn't put Kupchak's name in the hat with these hirings though. We know good and well that he has been relegated to mouthpiece and clean up man. If Mitch were in charge of the decisions regarding coaching hires he already stated that he was interested in Adelman last year. He always had a good relationship with Phil, too, so he would either gone with him or I think he would have at least pondered some other options. Given Mitch's basketball knowledge I think I can safely say D' Antoni was probably not his idea. I have serious doubts that the architect of this team's personnel would truly believe that D' Antoni's system would be the best possible fit of all the available head coaches out there. That BS he was forced to spin about Showtime 2 you could tell that even he didn't really put any credence in. That was total damage control once again.

Agreed. I seriously doubt a man of Kupchak's basketball knowledge would hire D'Antoni given our personnel. Maybe it was Jerry who suggested the hire because he wanted a "Showtime" type style again? He's in bad health and on his way out so you can understand if his judgment is a bit bad. But someone should've put a clamp down on this before it happened. Or does Jim truly run the show and Mitch is just a yes man for Jim?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Agreed. I seriously doubt a man of Kupchak's basketball knowledge would hire D'Antoni given our personnel. Maybe it was Jerry who suggested the hire because he wanted a "Showtime" type style again? He's in bad health and on his way out so you can understand if his judgment is a bit bad. But someone should've put a clamp down on this before it happened. Or does Jim truly run the show and Mitch is just a yes man for Jim?

^^ Ding, ding, ding. I think you've got your own answer there, Let's Go Lakers.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am

So i guess this is what happens when an unqualified person is allowed to make decisions for one of the premiere sports franchises in the world. :bang:
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:So i guess this is what happens when an unqualified person is allowed to make decisions for one of the premiere sports franchises in the world. :bang:

Yep. But we're having fun, right? That's the important thing, how much fun we are going to be having. And the entertainment value, too.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Not so much a yes man, but at the end of the day, Mitch is an employee and JB is an owner. When there's a difference of opinions, ownership holds the trrump cards. That being said, it sure would be interesting to get the candid truth from Kupchak about how all this actually went down and how decisions were ultimately made. But we'll have to wait for his book to come out after he retires.
Alleyhoops

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 pm

I was initially shocked and disappointed when I found out that Phil wasn't hired, and especially because of the way he was treated. I got over it and fully supported 'Antoni. I am now admitting I was DEAD wrong. I am not necessarily saying Phil would solve ALL of our problems, but he would AT LEAST make sure that the team DICTATED PACE AND TEMPO, and he would allow the team to play any style that maximized their chances of winning. That team 2 years ago was burnt out and it showed. We are a much deeper and hungrier team this season. Phil could take this team all the way.

Our only hope now is that 'Antoni gets burned out after another 5 or 6 losses in a row and steps down. That way, the Laker don't owe him any money, and they don't take a hit for firing two coaches in one season. Then we can beg Phil with all of our hearts to come back. The ground swell of support for Phil from the fans would be enough to get him back, and the organization would have their HANDS TIED in that situation. They strayed from Phil before, and it has nearly cost the season. They would be COMPELLED by the circumstances to offer Phil WHATEVER he wanted...and ultimately, Phil wants to win and this team has a TON of potential. A few small roster moves, and Phil would be set to take a shot at another 3-peat.

We need to start a campaign to frustrate and harass Mike 'Antoni until he loses it and just wants out. It is our responsibility to our team to save them from this death sentence a prideful and ignorant Jim Buss has handed down to them. The ball is in OUR court, let's not let the team down. KEEP THE PRESSURE ON, UNTIL 'ANTONI IS GONE!!!
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:We need to start a campaign to frustrate and harass Mike 'Antoni.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 pm

How Lakers fans forget the simple things: Phil Jackson does not coach defense. Ever!
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby baddmann28 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

At this point, pull Rudy T back out of retirement.

It's amazing Bernie B won 4 of 5 by essentially letting them play.

And I don't want to hear about the competition they played because they just lost to the Cavs for crying out loud.

I didn't think it could get worse, yet last night, it just did.
baddmann28

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 am

Mike must go and bring in pj? On how the Lakers hire lately. It might be pj carlesimo
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am

brandonr2001 wrote:Mike must go and bring in pj? On how the Lakers hire lately. It might be pj carlesimo

Metta gona choke him out :man10:
khmrP

Postby lotus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am

Jimmy Buss is to running the Lakers as George W. Bush was to running the U.S. :(
lotus

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 am

lotus wrote:Jimmy Buss is to running the Lakers as George W. Bush was to running the U.S. :(

to bad its worse, Jim is more like a dictator, no way of getting him out of there.
khmrP

VIDEO: Phil asked if he will return as coach by TMZ

Postby Tragic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm

http://www.foxsportswest.com/12/13/12/Phil-Jackson-says-he-wouldnt-return-to-L/landing.html?blockID=835065&feedID=3782

Says he wouldn't return as the coach. He also says he doesn't think we'll win the championship. Notice Jeanie is with him as well.
Last edited by Tragic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tragic

Re: VIDEO: Phil Asked if he will return as coach

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:14 pm

nothing shocking there.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Re: VIDEO: Phil Asked if he will return as coach by TMZ

Postby JGC on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Anyone who thinks we will win the championship this year is just delusional. Its good to know Phil is not delusional haha
JGC

Postby TIME on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Merging.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Re: Mike must go and PJ must be brought in: TMZ video - pg3

Postby Maluco Beleza on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

lol who thinks we're gonna win the title?

1st round 2nd round at best and oh yea not even in the playoffs right now
Maluco Beleza

Re: VIDEO: Phil asked if he will return as coach by TMZ

Postby RushDelivery on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Tragic wrote:http://www.foxsportswest.com/12/13/12/Phil-Jackson-says-he-wouldnt-return-to-L/landing.html?blockID=835065&feedID=3782

Says he wouldn't return as the coach. He also says he doesn't think we'll win the championship. Notice Jeanie is with him as well.

This is no surprise after his poor treatment by the Lakers management. I highly doubt he will ever coach the Lakers again, so it's best to accept the fact that it may be a long time until the Lakers find another great coach like him.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Phil made Karl Malone and Gary Payton work along side Kobe and Shaq, so imo I think he could have made this team work and with Phil's ability he would have had our new guys learn the offense. I mean they all had to learn another one anyway.
Jazzygirl205

Postby 432J on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:03 am

yeah phil is never coaching this team again

thank you jim buss, he could have been coaching the team right now and we all know they wouldn't be freakin 9-14 but noooo, he hired dan tony instead. effin POS moron
432J

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 am

lakers had a chance to get phil jackson and they take MDA? after firing MB? :man10:
Maluco Beleza

Postby jbiggs on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 am

:man6:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 am

432J wrote:yeah phil is never coaching this team again

thank you jim buss, he could have been coaching the team right now and we all know they wouldn't be freakin 9-14 but noooo, he hired dan tony instead. effin POS moron

The one thing that really supports this is the fact that Phil would be limiting possessions more which would have a positive impact on our turnovers & overall energy. But with no Pau or Nash or Blake & Dwight not close to 100%, I don't think Phil wins us too many games either. There's a reason we're seeing Kobe ball every game, this team isn't that good right now.. I'm still giving MDA the benefit of the doubt until he has all 4 of his hall of famers on the same page. I think Phil was a better choice to win right now, but I also think we can win with MDA. He's had a positive impact on Meeks, Duhon & Jamison.. Even Jordan Hill seems to have won him over(finally). It's all about PG play with coaches like MDA & right now Kobe & Duhon split those duties.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion